Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 543406 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:40 am »

It's what I assumed it was, since you already posted that.

Too bad, that character was fun. I guess I will remake him without evil twin.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2011, 12:10:28 am »

Just found an underground passage from Red Rock to Joppa. I'm pretty certain it's not supposed to happen, because I popped out of the western pool.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2011, 12:12:23 am »

Just found an underground passage from Red Rock to Joppa. I'm pretty certain it's not supposed to happen, because I popped out of the western pool.
Sounds handy though...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 08, 2011, 12:12:42 am »

Hahahah, that is awesome.

Though I guess it makes sense that it came out of the pool considering the underground river(that likely came from the pond or something) and the farmers complaining about girshlings.

Hey, you can enter the passage from Joppa so it isn't one-way! It's the bottom-right corner of the four-square square area between the two farmers, west pool. Handy for getting loot.

Edit: Anyone who constantly killed Sluberlings because they were pushovers in earlier versions... Don't try unless you're really strong, since one did 24 damage in one hit. Holy cow they are stronger.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:29:40 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2011, 12:30:45 am »

Hey, you can enter the passage from Joppa so it isn't one-way! It's the bottom-right corner of the four-square square area between the two farmers, west pool. Handy for getting loot.

Well, damn. I tried going back in the same way I came out, didn't work last time. Seems you're right. It was planned as a feature and not as a bug. I just wiped it though so I didn't spoiler it.

What the piss! I'm like 99% done exploring the entirety of the place, and SUDDENLY THERE'S A DRILLBOT. IN RED ROCK. That makes no sense! Currently running for my life. Successfully evaded. I can only use the Joppa Route now because it's guarding the regular route.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:41:18 am by Chaoswizkid »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 08, 2011, 12:54:57 am »

What the piss! I'm like 99% done exploring the entirety of the place, and SUDDENLY THERE'S A DRILLBOT. IN RED ROCK. That makes no sense! Currently running for my life. Successfully evaded. I can only use the Joppa Route now because it's guarding the regular route.
Yeah, I encountered drillbots in the tunnel system before long time ago. Went up a stairway somewhere in the tunnel and then drillbots EVERYWHERE.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2011, 01:03:53 am »

So I'm curious if this is intended as it's been this way for a few versions. The description for the harvestry skill says "Grants the activated ability to harvest plants." but when you buy harvestry you don't actually get that ability, you then have to buy Harvest to gain it. I ask because the description is similar to the butchery skill and buying Butchery grants the butcher ability without additional purchase.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 08, 2011, 01:38:49 am »

So I'm curious if this is intended as it's been this way for a few versions. The description for the harvestry skill says "Grants the activated ability to harvest plants." but when you buy harvestry you don't actually get that ability, you then have to buy Harvest to gain it. I ask because the description is similar to the butchery skill and buying Butchery grants the butcher ability without additional purchase.

Isn't Harvestry cost 0 and it auto-unlocks?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2011, 01:51:25 am »

Isn't Harvestry cost 0 and it auto-unlocks?
Harvestry is the skill category and costs 25sp to unlock. Inside it is Harvest, the action, and it costs 50sp to unlock.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2011, 02:02:36 am »

Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. I'd suggest fixing that, since the skill header doesn't really do anything I think. Other sections having costs make sense, but when you have one that's a tiered tree, having the beginning skill and the skill header cost different seems unnecessarily complicated. Not by much, but at least a little.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2011, 02:13:56 am »

Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. I'd suggest fixing that, since the skill header doesn't really do anything I think. Other sections having costs make sense, but when you have one that's a tiered tree, having the beginning skill and the skill header cost different seems unnecessarily complicated. Not by much, but at least a little.
I'm not saying it should or shouldn't cost, just wondering which way is intended. Harvestry uses almost the exact same wording as butchery, but butchery grants butcher for free where harvestry does not grant harvest.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:23 am »

I have a question though, is there a way to insert items into chests? I couldn't find anything when I searched the thread.
Don't think so. But why would you want to anyway? It's not like laying things on the ground will do any harm, since things don't get picked up by monsters and levels don't clear out. The only danger is acid and fire monsters, but they would be dangerous anyway since chests can be destroyed by them too.

Would be really nice not to have autopickup occur on the items you store when you try to sort them into piles. True, I can turn autopickup off, but it would be nice to just be able to have chests to store things in and not have to worry about it.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 08, 2011, 04:10:08 am »

I have a question though, is there a way to insert items into chests? I couldn't find anything when I searched the thread.
Don't think so. But why would you want to anyway? It's not like laying things on the ground will do any harm, since things don't get picked up by monsters and levels don't clear out. The only danger is acid and fire monsters, but they would be dangerous anyway since chests can be destroyed by them too.

Would be really nice not to have autopickup occur on the items you store when you try to sort them into piles. True, I can turn autopickup off, but it would be nice to just be able to have chests to store things in and not have to worry about it.

Personal storage is oft requested, and it'll go in sooner than later (weeks not months probably).

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 08, 2011, 04:14:29 am »

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't cost, just wondering which way is intended. Harvestry uses almost the exact same wording as butchery, but butchery grants butcher for free where harvestry does not grant harvest.

Yeah, this is a bug; though the overall cost wouldn't change.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #584 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:46 am »

Yeah, this is a bug; though the overall cost wouldn't change.
Good to know. :)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 250