Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 543422 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2025 on: June 17, 2011, 06:21:32 pm »

Yay for the various disgusting liquids from Golgotha (sp?). Hell, it's fun mixing liquids, period.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2026 on: June 17, 2011, 07:05:38 pm »

I've noticed that the auto-targeter for firing ranged weapons will often default to an enemy I cannot see who is just outside of my light radius (or outside of my night vision range)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 17, 2011, 07:07:47 pm »

Yay for the various disgusting liquids from Golgotha (sp?). Hell, it's fun mixing liquids, period.
I misread what you wrote and I now feel kinda ill....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 17, 2011, 08:40:36 pm »

Um...I'll have to check it out once I'm at home. I know it's an issue when I'm trying to attack plants with bows, generally early on in the game. I think it's the default targeting the game does when you press 'F'

Yeah, this was happening in the latest build; I'd hit 'F' to aim a bow, and I'd auto-target something out of sight in another room.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 17, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »

I'm working on a general cleanup and bugfix patch. Anyone got any pet-peeve bugs or interface quirks they'd like me to take a look at?
Biggest peeve right now is the lack of attribute/other stat changes for some of the defects (and in general). Hooks for Feet wouldn't have seemed such a good defect if I had known it lessened my speed by 10. Beak, Albino, etc.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2030 on: June 17, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »

I'm working on a general cleanup and bugfix patch. Anyone got any pet-peeve bugs or interface quirks they'd like me to take a look at?
Biggest peeve right now is the lack of attribute/other stat changes for some of the defects (and in general). Hooks for Feet wouldn't have seemed such a good defect if I had known it lessened my speed by 10. Beak, Albino, etc.
THIS. Please have an info window or something which explicitly explains what the mutations and drawbacks do. People who don't care don't have to look, but for those of us trying for certain builds or objectives it helps a lot.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 17, 2011, 10:14:56 pm »

There are also some items that seem hard to figure out. In particular, Nullray Pistols and some of the grenades.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2032 on: June 17, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »

Perhaps an additional function of tinkering or identifying artifacts should be a description of what they do?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:24 pm »

Perhaps an additional function of tinkering or identifying artifacts should be a description of what they do?

Yeah. With eXamining artifacts "you come closer to an understand of x" would mean that you may reveal a part of its full effects, in addition to unveiling what it actually is. Further examinations can lead to breaking it or showing another, undiscovered effect. Better artifacts would, of course, be more prone to breakage but have better effects.

Also, a visual description akin to most roguelikes, followed by a "this is what it does to your stats" for the defects would be lovely.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2034 on: June 18, 2011, 12:55:25 am »

As an example, examining fix-it foam might give at first glance just "It can probably fix things."

next level of discovery might be "Will fix rusted or broken items."

Something like that. A tiered discovery of the object's function.

With a system like that in, you could put in random artifacts with several functions as well, which would be discoverable.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 18, 2011, 12:59:37 pm »

That would be amazing.

A second interface thing that just occurred to me. Items that can be activated should add a line to the skills/mutation menu for their activation when equipped. So you have the option of either digging though your backpack ala inventory to activate your recoiler, or you can keep it in hand and activate it quickly from the menu.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 18, 2011, 05:32:49 pm »

I misread what you wrote and I now feel kinda ill....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EWW.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 18, 2011, 08:01:24 pm »

*Skills you have purchased, or in which you have a power, will appear first in the skill list
*Attempting to purchase a power for which you do not have the skill will prompt you to purchase the skill instead
*Updated descriptions for all defects
*Merged the drink and liquid volume parts. (In addition to other issues, this fixes flamethrowers being un-pourable)
*When you pick up copper wire for the quest, your current total length of wire will appear in the message log
*Aji conch now has a hot-keyable activated ability
*Aji conch's gas now correctly tracks the owner of the gas
*Ability categories that become empty will be correctly removed
*Added a message log entry for exploding objects
*Ammo objects may no-longer have effects applied to them
*Random mutations, hitpoints and data disks are no-longer scummable with precognition or save game abuse
*Sidebar should now always update position so you never appear 'underneath' it
*Changed ammo-loading bows to use the standard magazine part, but with 0 energy cost to reload. This allows them to work with the standard reload command.
*Changed the shortcut key for read item to 'i'
*Autowalk and Autoexplore will no-longer try to burrow through walls
*Added the ability to have an NPC be unwilling to sell certain objects. Updated some quest NPCs to be unwilling to resell the objects you give them.
*Added a display of remaining charges of lase to the lase activated power
*Fugue copies should generally no-longer become hostile to one-another or the player
*Fixed the 'automatically disassemble scrap' option
*Fixed teleporting out of sticky situations
*Fixed some rendering artifacts (where objects appear to flicker between two locations) during missle weapon drawing
*Fixed some rendering artifacts (where objects appear to flicker between two locations) during throwin weapon drawing
*Fixed burgeoning rendering in non-active zones
*Fixed issue where a bunch of spurious one-way stairs would be generated (usually seen in lairs)
*Fixed a spurious 'no targets' message in Beguiling
*Fixed ctrl+direction attacking up and down stairs
*Fixed missle weapon picker locking onto non-visible objects
*Fixed Analytical Genius proccing on the world map
*Fixed SensePsychicEffect to be properly hidden
*Fixed bleeding all over the world map
*Fixed an issue where picking up the last object on a tile with liquid would cause a prompt for you to get the liquid
*Fixed an issue on the options screen where you could scroll up underneath the 'more...' prompt
*Fixed adrenal control instantly killing you on the world map
*Fixed intercept attacking creatures who are not in the same physical phase as the defender
*Fixed neutral feelings sometimes being interpreted as hostile (this fixes, amongst other things, intercepting neutral inhabitants of grit gate with your long sword)
*Fixed some bad temporal fugue interactions with the world map
*Fixed light and visibility radiuses sometimes missing a square to the east and south
*Fixed lase's picker to correctly stop at the max distance.
*Fixed lase's AI to only shoot if the target is in range, and updated to better avoid shooting friendlies
*Fixed seed spit dropping as an item
*Fixed robots to be properly immune to mental damage
*Fixed plants jumping off walls if you walk into them as a non-hostile
*Fixed some book text

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 18, 2011, 09:33:25 pm »

Pure Awesome

Thank you so much. Especially the defect thing. And the ammo having effects on it (I had a bullet that was bloody x4 slimy x6 when in Golgotha... wondered what the heck was going on with that. And the everything else I haven't yet encountered yet.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 19, 2011, 08:34:29 am »

Amazing update!
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 250