Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 545511 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2295 on: March 02, 2012, 07:26:11 pm »

I thought it was noted you didn't need to drop said cells to charge them last page.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

Chem cells are still useful if you have Tinker 1 and can recharge them with a red bit. They last much longer than solar cells, meaning less having to swap them in and out of your inventory. Whether their "keystroke" efficiency makes up for their resource cost is purely for debate; its entirely minor either way.

There are also antimatter cells, though far less common, expensive to tinker up, and I don't know how much charge they have, whether they use the same materials to recharge, or even if you can recharge them at all.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

I'm having some real problems at the rusted archway, level four. No matter how many times I reload a new save and re-enter the level, the downstairs just won't generate, anywhere. Was something changed recently?

EDIT: I got supremely lucky and found a rusted gate recoiler in a chest so I can just warp there if I wanted but even so, I'd rather slog through to the place legit.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:36:02 pm by Blackray Jack »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: March 03, 2012, 12:00:41 am »

The downstairs probably just generated in a wall somewhere. Press F9 to see the entire level.
If by some chance it really didn't generate, then you can use noclip down (you have to bind it to a key first) to get there without using a recoiler every time.

Also, I assume you mean grit gate, because thats where the city is, and the rusted archway just goes down to lv 4.
Chem cells are still useful if you have Tinker 1 and can recharge them with a red bit. They last much longer than solar cells, meaning less having to swap them in and out of your inventory. Whether their "keystroke" efficiency makes up for their resource cost is purely for debate; its entirely minor either way.

There are also antimatter cells, though far less common, expensive to tinker up, and I don't know how much charge they have, whether they use the same materials to recharge, or even if you can recharge them at all.
With the possible exception of in recoilers, solar cells have enough energy to last quite a while, and if you have two or three in your inventory, then you should be pretty much be able to power all your stuff indefinitely (excluding super deep dungeons possibly), making them quite a bit more useable then chem cells.

Antimatter cells have a lot of charge, and require 15 red bits to recharge (vs 2 for chemichal, and 12 for nuclear). A solar cell can't even fire a phase cannon once, a chem cell can fire one a single time (with some energy left over), a nuclear cell can fire it 13 times, and a antimatter cell can fire it 26 times.
It also starts out drained after you build them.
So antimatter cells are clearly the most efficient once you build one, and a full charge one would probably last you the entire game if you put it in anything besides a phase cannon.
I've never seen a antimatter or nuclear cell except by wishing, so you will have to find a datadisk and get lucky.
That said, its not like you will ever run out of energy if you have tinker one, since you can just use solar cells, or charge chem cells pretty much forever on the red bits you find.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:48:50 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 03, 2012, 07:37:41 am »

If you manage to put magma into a waterskin you can sell that for around 15 000 drams of fresh water.

Win

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: March 03, 2012, 08:46:11 am »

If you manage to put magma into a waterskin you can sell that for around 15 000 drams of fresh water.

Win
But how do you put magma in a waterskin?

Maxed out carapace? Good armor? The fire injecto....ohhhhh. Gotta try that.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 03, 2012, 10:13:34 am »

Hey guys I'm a legit idiot. Turns out the rusted archway is NOT Grit Gate. It wasn't generating any stairs down because it was the end of the mini-dungeon! Christ I am dumb. And I missed some amazing loot by constant restarting as well. I hate my life.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: March 03, 2012, 10:17:52 am »

You can harvest food, Katie.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 03, 2012, 10:22:26 am »

Is there a food store in this game? I've found some pig farmers in the wild but they dont resupply their stock. The moisture farmer had alot of vinewafers but he doesnt seem to resupply either.

Learn to live off the land, especially by eating corpses.  Most animals are perfectly fine to eat, and quite filling.  If you're underground, kill dreadroots for their tubers.  They're 5lbs a piece so they're not great for traveling, but finding raw food to eat is rarely a problem.

Aw. Just went to trade with a caravan in the wild. But when I got there the entire map was flat and nothing was there anymore. Does this happen often?

But I've never heard of that happening before.  That's a nasty bug.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 03, 2012, 10:58:38 am »

Aw. Just went to trade with a caravan in the wild. But when I got there the entire map was flat and nothing was there anymore. Does this happen often?

But I've never heard of that happening before.  That's a nasty bug.
Ive had it happen. Actually pretty often. But that was a while back. Havent seen that bug in a long time.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 03, 2012, 11:19:18 am »

How do I take down turrets I've deployed? I want that bow back.
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 03, 2012, 11:22:24 am »

Smash it?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:15 am »

I dont think you get those back.

Try smashing it yeah.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 03, 2012, 12:13:25 pm »

Was there an error message? Sometimes when diving underground, I'll get a "zone build failure" error and the map will be blank. Never had it happen on the surface, although sometimes there are "zone unfreeze" errors and they end up resetting (lost a bunch of junk I'd "stored" on the ground in Joppa that way).

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 03, 2012, 05:00:17 pm »

Hey guys I'm a legit idiot. Turns out the rusted archway is NOT Grit Gate. It wasn't generating any stairs down because it was the end of the mini-dungeon! Christ I am dumb. And I missed some amazing loot by constant restarting as well. I hate my life.

Hey now, it's a simple mistake, don't beat yourself up.  The few times I've been down the archway I've not found anything extraordinary anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 250