Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 545511 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2685 on: December 19, 2014, 08:42:13 pm »

Woooo, the amazing game is being updated! Where do I check in? :D

Seriously though, thanks a lot for putting your time into this. I just love this game.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »

Woooo, the amazing game is being updated! Where do I check in? :D

Seriously though, thanks a lot for putting your time into this. I just love this game.

Currently working on a Unity-based build on Steam that supports PC, Mac & Linux. It's still pretty early and wobbly/buggy so still in internal/private beta. I'm giving out keys in various threads, including this one, and my twitter account! (https://twitter.com/unormal)

Here's a few more:

M̶P̶T̶Z̶4̶-̶P̶8̶5̶Y̶9̶-̶6̶Z̶W̶A̶7̶
P̶4̶T̶4̶W̶-̶D̶B̶M̶C̶W̶-̶T̶0̶B̶P̶V̶
5̶9̶L̶Q̶7̶-̶G̶J̶4̶N̶8̶-̶K̶X̶L̶G̶6̶
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:22:58 pm by unormal »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 19, 2014, 09:05:05 pm »

59LQ7-GJ4N8-KXLG6 is claimed. God I love this game.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 19, 2014, 09:18:49 pm »

Took P4T4W-DBMCW-T0BPV.

Glad to see development finally continuing again.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 19, 2014, 09:21:58 pm »

Nabbed MPTZ4-P85Y9-6ZWA7, I was playing the older version a bit today, and was reminded how difficult early game could be.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 19, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »

Found a bug: using psychometry to learn a recipe causes the crafting entry to display "weird artifact" instead of the actual name.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 19, 2014, 10:49:12 pm »

Currently working on a Unity-based build on Steam that supports PC, Mac & Linux. It's still pretty early and wobbly/buggy so still in internal/private beta. I'm giving out keys in various threads, including this one, and my twitter account! (https://twitter.com/unormal)

Nice no need to "wine" anymore. :D

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »

Minor bug I've discovered so far: One of my more preferred Options, Disable Floor Textures, does not function in the Unity version.

Edit: Also, maybe I'm unlucky or misremembering how it worked, but shouldn't 3 levels of Unstable Genome grant a new random mutation every level, or three separate 33% chances?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:05:24 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:43 pm »

Minor bug I've discovered so far: One of my more preferred Options, Disable Floor Textures, does not function in the Unity version.

Edit: Also, maybe I'm unlucky or misremembering how it worked, but shouldn't 3 levels of Unstable Genome grant a new random mutation every level, or three separate 33% chances?

1 check at 33% per level, that can eventually proc 3 times.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 20, 2014, 03:25:59 am »

I heard there may be a tile support in the future, I would like to contribute a tileset to the community tilesets project (if there is already one, if not we will make one :)).
How easy would it be to swap tilesets if you plan to implement them? Would hey be in some game archives, or as an easily available asset?

P.S. Since it's on steam, is there a way to buy it? It's one of those games I would gladly buy no matter what.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:36:58 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 20, 2014, 04:51:41 am »

A few other bug reports:

Clairvoyance doesn't seem to work quite right.  It exposes the terrain, but it doesn't give you a view of monsters or anything -- the area exposed is 'gray' as though unseen, rather than being revealed for the duration.

I seem to be able to see Young Ivories from a distance even before they attack.

The game appears to hang when I quit; I have to close it by closing the window (although it closes without error when I do -- it hasn't actually locked up completely, it just stops responding and doesn't close when I choose to quit from the main menu.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:36:45 am by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 20, 2014, 10:57:23 am »

I heard there may be a tile support in the future, I would like to contribute a tileset to the community tilesets project (if there is already one, if not we will make one :)).
How easy would it be to swap tilesets if you plan to implement them? Would hey be in some game archives, or as an easily available asset?

P.S. Since it's on steam, is there a way to buy it? It's one of those games I would gladly buy no matter what.

No tileset details yet, but it's probably the first thing I'm taking a serious crack at when I get the remaining hanging pieces of the Unity port cleaned up. I'm probably going to use the Oryx tileset as a base, converted to 2-color: http://oryxdesignlab.com/product-sprites/ultimate-roguelike-tileset

I still want something representational, not enormously graphical, that I can actually add content to with reasonable speed, without hiring an artist for every little bit of content add.

The game page isn't live yet, there's actually quite a lot of cruft you need to do before making it visible (trailer, icons, tons of text, etc). I also didn't want to make anything live till I was confident it was going to be possible to port to Unity. (Though at this point the answer to that seems to be: yup.) Once its live, you'll be able to buy the steam version for a modest cost (maybe $4.99?), which will have at least some achievements and trading cards, and maybe more stuff as we build it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: December 20, 2014, 12:12:08 pm »

I feel like it should be more than 5$. 5$ is what, one weekend shopping spree? But making it that cheap will make it available for more people, so it's your own decision.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: December 20, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »

I feel like it should be more than 5$. 5$ is what, one weekend shopping spree? But making it that cheap will make it available for more people, so it's your own decision.

Well, I'd love to charge more, we certainly put years of work into it, but $5 is the going rate for steamified clasic roguelikes (TOME, etc), and the market does what the market does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: December 20, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »

Slime and the honey skunk acid seem to be invisible in the latest version.

*Actually slime look like water(blue)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:30:16 pm by Drakale »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 250