Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 291256 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #930 on: September 03, 2011, 03:41:57 am »

A yellow zircon statue worth around 80k. It was my first artifact for that fort. When I put it in the dining room no dwarf was ever unhappy again.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 08, 2011, 09:56:38 pm »

One the one hand, this must have been made by the sleaziest dwarf ever. On the other hand, that name is pretty creepy....

But on the whole, I find everything about this artifact to be made of win.

That's so awesomely kinky.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 09, 2011, 01:03:15 am »

I don't have a screenshot, but in one fort I managed to get a platinum warhammer, which made me quite happy.
Soaplent green is goblins!

White

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 09, 2011, 04:06:23 am »

Once I was in the middle of a battle, and loosing almost all my dwarves. Then one gets taken by a mood. I suppose the battle influenced him for he made a legendary splint...

I didn't even read what it said. I just abandoned all hope and the fortress.

spaz102

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 12, 2011, 02:26:02 am »

Well my first ever artifact had some ridiculous name, and was a pig iron menacing spike. It was menacing with spikes of pig iron. Kinda redundant if you ask me, but it was worth a ludicrous amount of monies so I made it into a trap in the middle of nowhere. Every time I checked back, it had different bloodstains on it :)

Now, having come back to the game after a while, one of my useless military dwarves (migrants -> untrained naked suicide squad = military) made a groundhog leather thong. Decorated with groundhog leather. Encircled with groundhog leather. Menacing with spikes of capybara bone (Which I'm pretty sure is a fancy word for groundhog bone). This thong, worth a whole 5400, is called the Papers of Excavating. I think I'll force the mayor to wear it or something. There's something seriously wrong with this fortress.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:10 am »

Recent fort has some great names, if not good artifacts...

Aluthnazusharbon, the Defective Blood-cradle: a [sic] oaken trumpet
Darud Minbaz, The Climate of Enchantments, a galena bed
And finally Nirgecast Bistoklebes, Landsskewered the Hairy Apex, a cow bone shield. That one's going in the uniform of the captain of the guard.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Zeehorse

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 14, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

Limulluslem Lirukazld, Goldenpuzzle the Violent Future, a magnetite weapon rack.

Its made of magnetite, encrusted with onyx, and adorned with hanging rings of magnetite.

I love it for two reasons, 1: Its the first USEFUL artifact any dwarf has ever made in any of my fortresses, and 2: Its only spring of the 2nd year. !!Fun!! times are coming. :3.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:38:43 pm by Zeehorse »

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 14, 2011, 05:52:12 pm »

A sceptre with a picture of itself on it. Not only is this sceptre my first artifact, but it's my first piece of art as well. And this kid's my second legendary, er... human I guess. (And my first was a miner, and there was sand to be dug so he almost doesn't count.)

In short, kid showed up, decides to mark his awesomeness by making a sceptre, and marked the sceptre's awesomeness by engraving the sceptre into itself.

I pity his sibling. How can you compete with that. "Your brother made an artifact when he was ten! What have you done with your life?!"
That made me laugh so much:D

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 23, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »

"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 23, 2011, 12:49:35 pm »

Candy spear. It menaces with spikes of candy, and hanging rings of spoilerite. I am guessing the rings are for better grip and to have... Fun with the enemy  :P

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 23, 2011, 01:59:54 pm »

A turtle bone cage!  It's been a while, so I forget the details, but I put it where everydwarf could see it.  I filled it with 200 cats and a (tame turtle).  Turtleception?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 23, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

This. http://kepfeltoltes.hu/110923/Tornado_of_Thrones_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Just how hardcore is that elf?
Bah, it's just a statue of an elf having his ass foot handed back to him by a bronze colossus, it's...
... it's the other way round?
Holy crap!
We've missed a pretty damn good fight.  :o
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 23, 2011, 04:55:31 pm »

A turtle bone cage!  It's been a while, so I forget the details, but I put it where everydwarf could see it.  I filled it with 200 cats and a (tame turtle).  Turtleception?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

YES
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:02 pm »

A Menacing Adamantine Spike. All Craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with Adamantine and encircled with bands of Giant Cave Spider Silk. This object menaces with spikes of Quartzite and willow. On the item is an image of waves in willow.

On the item is an image Rét, deity of labor, depicted as a female dwarf. Rét is laboring.

-------
Total value of spikey adamantine spike? 2,745,600

Total value of my entire freaking fort? 2,949,287

I might get sieged soon.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89