Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion: Game Over!  (Read 61931 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion: Game Over!
« on: June 07, 2013, 04:23:20 am »

Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion

In the words of GlyphGryph, "This is not mafia. It is almost mafia."

Last Febuary, GlyphGryph began an experiment with the game known as Revolution. Although it is certainly not Mafia, the main goals remained the same. There is Scum and Town players, as always. Only this time, there are no lynches, hammers, and night kills. There is no Night and Day. There is only the glorious Revolution.

The concept is simple.

On one side, you have the Rebels or Revolutionaries. It is their goal to overthrow the evil Empire.

On the other, you have a smaller group of Spies dedicating to protecting the righteousness of the Empire by sabotaging Rebel operations.

Each round is split into two phases, the Planning Stage and the Mission.

During the Planning Stage, a player is tasked with the job of assembling a team. This role proceeds in a predetermined order - the order people sign up. After selecting a certain number of players (exact numbers depend on the total number of players we get to play), everyone then submits to me a secret vote - either in support of the current team or against it. I reveal the votes at the same time, along with who cast them. If the vote is a failure - if people decided they do NOT like this team choice - the role of team assembler passes to the next person on the list, and the process repeats. After a certain number of failed attempts to select a team (dependent on player size), the mission is simply declared a failure. Eventually, people will accept a team. When that happens, we proceed to the Mission.

During the Mission, the thread will be locked, and players will submit their actions for the night. Since we will be playing pure vanilla, rebels on the mission do not need to submit any particular action - it is assumed they will aid the Rebellion and insure the mission succeeds. However, to keep things fair, they MUST submit something. A simple "Present" or "Viva la Revolucion!" will suffice. Spies may choose to either "Lay Low" or "Sabotage". A certain number of sabotages (1 for all missions except mission 4, which requires 2) lead to the mission being declared a failure. Come morning, I reveal the results of the night action, including any visible actions such as sabotage, but not who took those actions. Players will simply know that one, two, or three players threw sabotage actions, leading to mission failure.

There will be five rounds total. Each round requires more members to go on a mission, meaning that you must be more and more sure of who you trust and who you don't as the game progresses.

Once again, the game will be Vanilla, using the most basic rules.

*There are no special roles. You are either a Spy or a Rebel.
*No player may communicate about the game with any other player, including Spies, outside the thread.
*Spies are informed of the identity of other spies. However, they will NOT be given a pregame day to discuss strategy this time around.  If they need to communicate to one another, they must use the thread like everyone else.
*Each Mission will last at least as long as is needed for all actions to be gathered. Hopefully, not too long.
*Zombie Urist has graciously offered his assistance as a backup GM. If I should have to become absent at any point, he will take over temporarily until I am able to return. Give that man a pat on the back!
*Provided we have enough players, the game will start on this coming Monday the 10th.

That is all. Who here is ready to start a Revolution?

Player List:

1. Dariush
2. Notquitethere
3. Griffonpup
4. Rangercado replaced by TheWetSheep
5. Remuthra replaced by Lenglon
6. Shingami King replaced by Griffionday
7. Nerjin
8. Tiruin

Backup GM
1. Spymaster Zombie Urist

As promised, here is the link to Revolution I!

Revolution I: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122540.0 - Spy victory!

Also, handy webpage with the rules page for anyone interested!

Rules: http://boardofplaying.com/archives/455
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:16:55 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion (Signups: 0 / 9)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 04:39:55 am »

This will probably not get enough players due to you not having ran a game before, but it's not like I have anything better to do anyway. (Exams? What exams?) In.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 05:24:57 am »

I have unfinished business with this game.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 06:12:53 am »

In.

NQT, are you in or not?  Your post was ambiguous. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:47:44 am by griffinpup »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:14:50 am »

i guess we're in for a ride then.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:21:28 am »

The revolution admits no ambiguity.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 10:25:13 am »

I'll try this thing out.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 10:38:20 am »

Thx NQT. ;D Your commitment to rebellion seemed weak for a minute, but now it seems back up to its customary strength.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 10:48:50 am »

This sounds interesting! And by the time this starts, I school should be over so I'll have some free time.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 11:31:04 am »

This will probably not get enough players due to you not having ran a game before, but it's not like I have anything better to do anyway. (Exams? What exams?) In.
I will be helping run this game.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion (Signups: 6 / 9)
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:14 pm »

If anything, people would probably choose not to join this game on the fact that I have only been in a single BM, and managed to get myself killed the first night of said BM! That takes talent!

I do have a few things in my favor though, such as not currently being apart of any other game and the fact that Revolution is a little bit less involved for the GM. Plus, as Zombie Urist stated, he's willing to give me a bit of a hand if things become rough.

So yes, sign up!
BIRDS.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion (Signups: 6 / 9)
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »

In

Let's see what I can't pull off.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution II - The Fires of Rebellion (Signups: 7 / 9)
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »

I just need two more players. Take a chance on me! I don't bite.

To anyone who has sign up though, if we don't have nine players I am willing to run the game with just seven people. But, I will only do this as long as all of you guys are alright with having a smaller player pool.

What are your thoughts?
BIRDS.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 04:12:05 pm »

I know the game this is based off of and its usually played with 5 so seven is good.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

In
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38