Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 61507 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay
« Reply #705 on: March 26, 2017, 12:23:24 am »

Noir looks at  the man in confusion their wings down one slightly messed up looking..she dident recognize them she had only talked to the reporting man and had been recruited rather unconventially and so decided to ask a question.
"W-who are you?"
I am Captain Grey. My questions can wait. Let us gather what we can, and get you off this ball. What do you need gathered, to return to Omega?

*Kitty is asleep*
Chasing electric sheep, no doubt.

Observe the armored fellow from the cart, if I'm not close enough to hear what he says move closer.
He seems quiet and calm. He moves through the knee high lichen with practiced ease, the unsteady footing being no obstacle to him. You are close enough, as everyone is gathered near the cart.

"Understandable, please go ahead."

To save time: Aylia answers all questions completely and honestly to the best of her ability. She does distinguish between what she saw herself and what she was told by others (ex: events at floor collapse / cart crash ) and  she does stat what the wisher called itself. She does not know why she asked it what she asked, and she believes her memories have been modified. She is very angry about the mission start, and relates the lack of proper briefing and lack of equipment familiarization details with pleasure and venom towards the mission planner in tone, but does her best to keep her words objective and is respectful towards her superiors as a whole. Her perspective on the start location was that it was dangerous, so the team's immediate taskings were to scout out a way out of there, but that the floor collapsed before they were able to find a way out that wasn't either impassible to the carts as best we knew or was through even less stable rooms than the initial insertion. and when time ran out, nobody was able to move the carts effectively because nobody knew anything about how to use them. if he asks her opinion, the mission planner displayed criminal negligence, simply throwing personnel and resources at the problem with no thought to their proper use.
Regarding her people, she wants an award given to each of the dead, to ease their families and friends, and she wants rewards to be given to Dar and Cho, and a smaller one, but still a reward, for Noir, as well as her getting some therapudic aid, preferably from a clergy member knowledgeable in absolution of guilt.

The oversights you've mentioned will be looked into. I will take full responsibility for them, personally.
When you mention awards, Grey's face goes impassive. The Legion is a poor place in which to expect accolades and prestige. He looks almost sad for a moment, and looks you directly in the eye. I think you know this. You know how most of our recruits come to be here. He makes a 'tossing away' gesture. Something will be done for them, though. We honor our own, for what it's worth.

Alright. Here's what I am thinking. Grey will be collecting whatever you guys want returned to Omega. We'll wrap up the mission and get you guys home and seen to. Omega will make effort to understand and counter the Devil's magic, and I already have a Monastery set up for issues both mental and spiritual, so therapy will be available.

Finally, as both apology for my own part in the mess, and as reward for such a good group of players, every player who was on this mission gets one full level up for their current character, or for their next character if they do not currently have one active. The survivors get the standard mission completion level-up in addition.

As for completing the mission objective - I'm considering offering a return mission for those interested.

If you guys have more you want to do before mission end, let me know. Otherwise, go ahead and do your level-ups here, and head to Omega.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 26, 2017, 12:29:31 am »

Aylia is not okay with abandoning Assin's star sprite to die. She wants to make sure it makes it back.

otherwise: Ready, Aylia collected her stuff before flying the cart down.

Levelup:
+Str
+Mag
Levelup:
+Con
+Unarmed
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:35:30 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:40 am »

"Wait aylia where's ebony? We can't just leave her or is she already being picked up or something?

Noir then looked towards captain grey and bit her lip she wanted to say something...snd she decided to.
"....can you find out.....if jack has.....any kin...I can...send a letter to or the like...he......was.......I...just...I still can't believe he's gone and his family deserve more then a formal letter if they exist."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 26, 2017, 12:44:10 am »

"Sorry Noir, but Ebony got eaten by a hallway mimic. She isn't coming back."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 26, 2017, 12:49:30 am »

"Sorry Noir, but Ebony got eaten by a hallway mimic. She isn't coming back."
((insenstivelly told :3 also dies this mean that ill be able to increase a skill by five but be able to increase another skill by a whole point?))
Noir's eyes widen and they stare for a few moments their hands tightening on their knees as they tried to breath. Ebony was dead as well....the one who had saved there life? She was dead and for what? This? Some....objective that noir couldent bother to care about anymore...that she found to be worthless next to the sheer anount of good people who had been lost trying to get it....this mission wasent worth it....not when people..
Like jack...like ebony...were lost for it. Noir's speech came back as bitter sounding.

".....You gonna die on me next aylia?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 26, 2017, 01:01:07 am »

((As you might be able to guess, Aylia would prefer to be told insensitively. She values honesty, and being direct with someone is to her an expression of trust. She simply did for Noir what she'd want others to do for her.))
"I don't plan on it anytime soon. You gonna be okay?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 26, 2017, 01:05:04 am »

((Noir is kinda still a kid....and death is very shocking to her...and ebony saved her life..and she's just not feeling well one of her only friends died and her forst boyfriend died twice in front of her))
Noirs second pair of ears kinda....folds down and sags and her face scrunches up....hsnds clenching hsrder ss they try to focus.
"...I....I was so excited to leave home...to explore...and I loved it...I loved it...and then I met you guys and you were mu friends...and now...now ebony....and jack....jack is dead......ebony saved me...and now she's gone...and I brought...jack back and then...h-he....just.."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 26, 2017, 01:24:47 am »

I shift back to default from star sprite and hug Noir.
"This is what mortal life is like Noir. It sucks sometimes.
It'll get better."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 26, 2017, 01:55:03 am »

She hugs Aylia back hard her wings twitching trying to hold onto aylia to reassure themselves that their friend whobhad brought them into this was alive and well they gave a small sound of pain their wing was a little brusied still but they spoke..their tone...somber snd their eyes growing watery.
"N-No one told me this...Everything seemed...so...easy...I thought it would be fine..it..it got dangerous..but...I...I dident think something like this was possible...I miss mom...And I miss dad despite his faults.."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 26, 2017, 02:11:42 am »

I remain silent, letting Noir take her time and calm down.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 26, 2017, 02:14:28 am »

Noir rants quietly for a few more minutes sometimes angry sometimes sounding like yheir about to cry its mostly a repeat of what they saif before clesrly having s hard time accepting what has happened by the end their lightly crying hokding you as tight as they can.
"A-Aylia..please promise me..y-you'll be careful....and won't die."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2017, 02:18:39 am »

I can't promise that.
I remain silent for a while longer, then squeeze once before pulling away.
"Are you okay?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2017, 02:21:09 am »

Noir is silent for a few moments and looks away...they respond after a few more moments."No."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2017, 02:32:59 am »

"Good. After something like this, nobody is okay. Telling yourself something different would just be lying to yourself. Now here's the real question: Will you be okay?Not now, but once you've had a chance to recover."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2017, 02:35:32 am »

".. I-I...I don't know...I...I'm..going to try to contact my mom and dad somehow...try to talk with them again...s-should...should help...maybe..meditate...I...I..think ill be sitting out next missiom most likely."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49