Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 448796 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Cirque du Soleil.

Why don't dwarves carry Magma Buckets/Barrels into battle? Imagine the warfare... :D
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile

Because they have long beards; the beard would catch fire before reaching the enemy.

Why won't this thread die?

We are proficient necromancers.

Sigged

How can horses annihilate champions with steel weapons and armor?
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

LoneChipmunk

• Bay Watcher
  • Chip Chip
    • View Profile

It is a well-known fact that horse hooves are made of a strange form of unmineable adamantine. They kick right through armor.

Is it possible to create a quantum stockpile so dense that it collapses into itself and creates a black hole?
ZombieChicken on #dwarffortress on irc.freenode.net

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to create a quantum stockpile so dense that it collapses into itself and creates a black hole?

Yes, If you fill it with platinum and get a platinum forgotten beast to walk on it.

Is it a problem that I feel very close to simulated dwarves who are rendered in Ascii graphics?

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile

Only to psychiatrists and the rest of huge outside world.

Why do ghosts only ever kill the useful dwarves?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because they want you to hurry up and slab them, and they know that if they kill useless haulers you won't get the message.

Why don't keas ever get the message to stay the hell out of here?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keas actually picture themselves as Robin Hoods and feel that they must transfer your wealth to their poor birdy brethren. They're just too retarded to remember that their ostrich pal can't wear that woollen sock that is their grand bounty.

Why does water flowing diagonally between two blocks lose pressure?
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Is it a problem that I feel very close to simulated dwarves who are rendered in Ascii graphics?
Only to psychiatrists and the rest of huge outside world.
Sig'd
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

shrike.ex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why does water flowing diagonally between two blocks lose pressure?
Because it isn't actually flowing. When you create a diagonal, you are forming a liquid summoning circle, which requires the sacrifice of one liquid to create another.

Why, given the option, do dwarfs always stand on the overhanging floor they are about to demolish?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Either
a) They're too drunk to realize their mistake.
2) They're drunk enough to think it'll be fun.

Why is suddenly every other response being sigged suddenly?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is suddenly every other response being sigged suddenly?
I don't know about the rest of them, but I'm just that awesome.

How can a tiny little Kea carry off an entire battleaxe?
Check out my RtD!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

It stuffs everything up it's ass.

If Goblinite is a thing, what about Humanite, Elvenite, or Koboldite?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unlike humans, elves and kobolds, goblins are made of rocks. This is why they attack dwarves that mine into mountains.

Why can't a goblin or human who still has their battleaxe/dagger/spear/sword escape from a palm cage?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they aren't in the cage. They're in a bubble universe, and the cage is merely a portal. You can't cut out of a universe with a standard edged weapon.

Why do vermin have powers of invisibility?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Natural selection. The DF universe has so many cats that all the non-invisible vermin were wiped out.

How can dwarves mine through the strongest material in the world with a shoddy copper pick?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 301