Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 448808 times)

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they know what "siege" means. It means sitting around the castle and waiting while defenders are starving.

Why does water evaporate so quickly in closed underground chamber?
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile

Because they know what "siege" means. It means sitting around the castle and waiting while defenders are starving.

Why does water evaporate so quickly in closed underground chamber?

A: The underground earth gets thirsty (doesn't have access to rain), so it drinks the puddles rather quickly.

Q: Why do Keas want to steal my anvil, what could they possibly use it for?
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

A: they are preparing for war. Why else?

Q: Why do polar bears steal my plump helmets. THEY ARE CARNIVORES!!!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

They're trying to start a distillery.  They'll drink all your booze, too.

Q: Where in THIS world is Carmen Santiago?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

They're trying to start a distillery.  They'll drink all your booze, too.

Q: Where in THIS world is Carmen Santiago?
She's known as Broadhat Redcoat the Storm of Thievery, and hails from the human town of The Town of Angels.

Why haven't the dorfs invented any sports aside from goblin hammering and being stabbed to death?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They have. They are called hammering and beatings, respectively.

Why must husks not be normal monsters?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Cause they are special.

Why aren't there Treants? Imagine the elves having something to pray to that won't fuck up your lumber industry...
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Were waiting for seperate attack and move speeds.

Why are goblins immortal?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Evil is eternal.

Why can't I make my own Keep in Adventure mode? One where I can eat and sleep before going on a grand adventure, one where I can hire goons, keep slaves, have a farm, raise a family? Seems VERY Roleplay worthy. Would be fantastic for Bloodline games.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because obviously, you're afraid that calling a place home will cause you to lose the status of an adventurer, thereby causing you to lose your infinity+1 throwing skills.   

Why can we embark with sand bags for just one point each, when bags cost more points each?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because obviously, you're afraid that calling a place home will cause you to lose the status of an adventurer, thereby causing you to lose your infinity+1 throwing skills.   

Why can we embark with sand bags for just one point each, when bags cost more points each?

The dwarven economy isn't implemented yet.

Why is it that only the important dwarves in a fortress manage to find ambush groups?  Why not Urist McUselessPeasant?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Why is it that only the important dwarves in a fortress manage to find ambush groups?  Why not Urist McUselessPeasant?

Because the ambushes are in fact assassination squads.

Why have infectious diseases like the common cold not yet spread to dwarfkind?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Because dwarves are immune to our so called virus or bacterial hosts, having been inured to them via their own genetic pool: Sporulation. The many differences between human sickness and dwarven sickness manifest in how different, yet how similar we all are--Dwarves are hardier because of how they reciprocate their offspring.

Why can't ballistae be angled above or below the same plane of firing?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the ambushes are in fact assassination squads.

Why have infectious diseases like the common cold not yet spread to dwarfkind?

Actually, I'm working on a mod for that.

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why can't ballistae be angled above or below the same plane of firing?

Ballistae are specially designed for using underground.

Why tame birds can't fly?
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 301