Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 449111 times)

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile

Because you didn't disable it in the stockpile selection ._. ? It is a thing.

Why do mechanisms work.
Toady One scripted them to work.
How should we make a fortress that is in every biome, in the sky, in the circus, under magma, under the water, underground and on the ground?
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

How should we make a fortress that is in every biome, in the sky, in the circus, under magma, under the water, underground and on the ground?
Make the entire world one big fortress.

Why do some of my military dwarves insist on hanging onto branches above water until they fall and drown instead of fighting the goblins? Furthermore, why are they freaking out about keas 50+ z-levels up and refusing to return to base after finally taking care of the goblins?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile

Why do some of my military dwarves insist on hanging onto branches above water until they fall and drown instead of fighting the goblins? Furthermore, why are they freaking out about keas 50+ z-levels up and refusing to return to base after finally taking care of the goblins?

Things have never been the same since the dwarven military introduce the 2-fisted monkey style martial arts as required training.  And have you ever seen a kea?  They're like little winged balls of pure fear stripped directly from a clown's nightmare.

Evil incarnate.

Why does my hunter insist on irritating the wildlife?  I mean, I hired him to kill the wildlife, not annoy it until it goes away.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:45:57 pm by Tacomagic »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile

You try killing anything bigger than a rabbit with a crossbow made entirely out of wood and wooden bolts with out fletchings and tips that aren't even fire hardened wood.

Why do dwarves run away in terror from The body they were hauling to a coffin?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

After death twitches make them recall that one time they met a necromancer. He was a nice guy, I'm not sure why they were afraid.

Why are there no earthquakes in DF?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

There are, dwarves just don't notice them because their architecture is really sturdy

Why do ravens keep getting caught in cage traps?

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do ravens keep getting caught in cage traps?

Because they are curious little bastards.

Why don't Forgotten Boogaloos get caught in them? Or in any traps for that matter.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're the last remnants of the Time Before Time. The whole world's the trap they're caught in.

What would a dwarven superhero look like?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A forgotten beast shaped like a dwarf made of adamantine. Beware it's deadly dust.

Why are cavies so useless?

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They aren't. They just want you to let your guard down.

What is it about giant chinchillas that my rangers find so terrifying?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

Dude, it's a giant CHINCHILLA! They can't kill something so adorable!

Why do Goblins siege, walk into the entrance of my fort, shoot one dog, then walk away as he dies?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The goblins use loan shark tactics, they just want to scare you a bit so the dwarf empire will make sure to pay for the trolls they borrowed on time

Why do elves bring about 100 wood weapons on their caravans and only three animals when all I ever buy from them is animals?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

The goblins use loan shark tactics, they just want to scare you a bit so the dwarf empire will make sure to pay for the trolls they borrowed on time

Why do elves bring about 100 wood weapons on their caravans and only three animals when all I ever buy from them is animals?
Elves aspire to have a monopoly on wood and all wooden items. That's why they don't want you to chop down wood.

What is the meaning of Dwarven Life?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Elves aspire to have a monopoly on wood and all wooden items. That's why they don't want you to chop down wood.

What is the meaning of Dwarven Life?
Try and be nice to other dwarves, avoid eating tallow roasts, read a +engraving+ every now and then, do some hauling, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations (except the elves.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the explanation for that is... DAMMIT BUMBLER! there's nothing here!

Why do things randomly collapse aboveground while I'm chopping down trees?
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 301