Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 449016 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Urist can't see anything but the rock (it's so big it blocks their vision), they are navigating by memory and can't tell there is anything wrong until they put down the rock

Why barrels?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

Urist can't see anything but the rock (it's so big it blocks their vision), they are navigating by memory and can't tell there is anything wrong until they put down the rock

Why barrels?
I'm not sure. I use rock pots.

Why Elves, oh Armok?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Seriously, you worship a god of blood, and you ask why he created a race of pitiful pansies that die so easily? Really?

Here's a hint-- THEY DIE EASILY, AND MAKE PEOPLE *WANT* TO KILL THEM.
(and they breed like rabbits)

They are a veritable cornucopia of blood and carnage just WAITING to be taken for all its worth.
You can't be a blood-god without something that makes lots of blood-- and elves certainly make lots of blood. :D

The better question is what was he smoking when he came up with forgotten beasts?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Nether cap. Armok, being a GOD, can burn those. But they produce really, REALLY intoxicating fumes when you burn them. Luckily, mortals can't actually do that, so drug dealing has thus far been left out of the game.

Why are there animal people everywhere, and yet they haven't formed even a rudimentary civilization yet?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Tribes are very tightly knit and consider each other to be threats no matter what. This general hatred and racism has prevented any kind of meaningful advancement from being made.

Why can't hatches be destroyed from below?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

It's because ceilings doesn't exist in Dwarf Fortress, but the hatch that link between Z-level has to be on something, so the bottom of the hatch is in a virtual space that the dwarves can reach to open and close it, but never directly alter the hatch through it.

How does animated hair even move?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NomeQueEuLembro

• Bay Watcher
  • [COFFE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

It rolls
How does nethercap never freeze everything around it?
Likes weremammoths for it's awesomeness. Also, got a trumpet that menaces with spikes of sheep wool.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Nether cap is one degree Urist above freezing, not one degree below it.  you try making ice by setting your freezer to 33(1)°.       Why dont dwarves wage war in worldgen?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile

Would you want to risk loosing a potencial source of good booze? There you go, neither would the Dwarfes...

Why does a cat always run into the Booze stockpile once being set on fire?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

They're smart enough to understand dwarven doors and bypass the pet restrictions with patience, obviously they know the booze will be protected and someone will put them out asap if they run towards it, while running into the child care room will have the opposite effect.

Why is everything a dorf pukes up the same bright green?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves gargle green paint between meals

Why do my grazers get terrified by every giant magpie that flies overhead?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Dwarves gargle green paint between meals

Why do my grazers get terrified by every giant magpie that flies overhead?
Have you every seen a giant grow fly overhead?  Its bigger than a human, and its wingspan has got to be something like 10+ feet.  That be scary, yo.  And its why I added large predator tags to a lot of the giant flying birds.

Why are the oceans so devoid of life?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are the oceans so devoid of life?

When Armok had first parted the earth and the seas, he had waited patiently for the sea creatures to make the first cautious steps onto the land. Yet the creatures preferred to stay in water on account of forgotten beasts, megabeasts, evil biomes, good biomes, fat-melting rain, blood rain, syndrome rain, undeath, boogeymen, vampirism, lycanthropy, felinethropy, caninethropy, ursathropy, proboscidathropy, - well, you get the idea. Enraged that his blessings were thus spurned, Armok had increased the sea temperature by 50 (F, then C), until even the most stubborn of whales beached themselves.

Why is crutchwalking considered a skill among dwarves?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:30:39 pm by Ives »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

It requires time and training to get it perfect.

Why is misc. object user a skill? How can you learn to use every object in the world that just isn't associated with another skill universally?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Step 1: swing object
Step 2: cause damage
Step 3: profit
Really, it's just weapons that are too persnickety to associate with the proud miscellaneous objects of the world

Why do dwarven mother soldiers insist on carrying babies to battle?
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 301