Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 448796 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

It would be too easy to take over the world, the player must be limited in some way to be fair to the rest of the world

How big is a dwarven portion of food, since they can go months without eating more than a single meal?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be too easy to take over the world, the player must be limited in some way to be fair to the rest of the world
Screw that, this is a simulation, not a balanced game XD
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Not big, but nutrient are quantum stockpiled in it.

Where do the atomsmashed stuff goes?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not big, but nutrient are quantum stockpiled in it.

Where do the atomsmashed stuff goes?
Since the atoms are smashed, they are disintegrated. The electrons, protons, neutrons go somewhere into the air.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

But there is no air!?

How do dorfs breathe if there is no air? How can they suffocate or drown if there is no air in the first place!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who told you there's no air lol

Why does it take longer for a dwarf of any skill level including legendary +30 to make a stone wall than it is for a completely untrained mason to make a rock table?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

It takes a lot more strength, time, and effort to make a pile of boluders/blocks into a decent wall than cut a boulder into a rough table using 3 square meters of specialized equipment.

Why are they undead soooo powerful? One living corpse slaughtered my pair of hammer lords single-handedly.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

In order to destroy the undead, you have to render the corpse into a state that is no longer capable of mounting any kind of offensive. Also, they do not experience true pain, nor true fear, and being already dead they do not experience any sense of mortal peril. The only thing that undead feel is a compulsion to destroy the living. As such, destroying the undead requires more studious application of the finer parts of the dwarven martial arts than does say, dispatching a kobold thief, or a goblin snatcher.

Now, how exactly can an animated skeleton move, given that it has no connective tissues at all with which to perform such ambulatory activities?

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In order to destroy the undead, you have to render the corpse into a state that is no longer capable of mounting any kind of offensive. Also, they do not experience true pain, nor true fear, and being already dead they do not experience any sense of mortal peril. The only thing that undead feel is a compulsion to destroy the living. As such, destroying the undead requires more studious application of the finer parts of the dwarven martial arts than does say, dispatching a kobold thief, or a goblin snatcher.

Now, how exactly can an animated skeleton move, given that it has no connective tissues at all with which to perform such ambulatory activities?

The undead have vastly improved strength as well and are quite capable of smashing through iron or steel armor or ripping limbs from sockets with a single bare hand.

My best advice for undead is a combination of hacking (axes) and pulping (hammers). The less body parts the corpse has the easier it is to pulp, even if having a bunch of re-animated hands around is a bit dangerous.

But then again... how can a severed arm can grab something with its "upper arm"?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:53:44 pm by Slogo »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Sheer force of will.

I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Necro magic, it causes inanimate, but organic objects to gain the ability to move relative to their connected parts... Armok help us if a necromancer ever tries to resurrect a tree...

Why is everything on fire?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Dwarves are much like pen and paper RPG players, if you want something on fire, simply placing it in their vicinity will serve.

Where do these clouds of dwarf or elf or goblin blood form?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Dwarves are much like pen and paper RPG players, if you want something on fire, simply placing it in their vicinity will serve.

Where do these clouds of dwarf or elf or goblin blood form?
That's where cleaned-up blood puddles go.

How can some dwarves feel nothing about the death of a wagon?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

They are cruel, heartless creatures.

Why hasn't a great  monument to all of wagon-kind been built yet?
I do stuff, I guess

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

They are cruel, heartless creatures.

Why hasn't a great  monument to all of wagon-kind been built yet?

On it.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 301