Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 448923 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because Armok feels that dwarf must suffer even more then they do now.

Why can werepangolin take an iron axe to the face and live?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

<Insert Monty Python reference>

Why isn't there such a thing as a werecarp?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be too fucking OP.

Why did it take 2 years for 40.01 to get released when there is now an update every 2 weeks?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decimals are easier to increment than integers.

Why are FBs at times ridiculously easy to kill, while at other times nigh indestructible?
I do stuff, I guess

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Why are FBs at times ridiculously easy to kill, while at other times nigh indestructible?
FBs are like a bin of artifact crafts. You never know what you're gonna get.

Why are we in the right in all matters?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Because it is the lowest adder on the step of authority.  Implied and spoken authority.  Dont make them do more.

Why isn't dwarven cheese what I expected it to be?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Because it is the lowest adder on the step of authority.  Implied and spoken authority.  Dont make them do more.

Why isn't dwarven cheese what I expected it to be?
Dwarves don't understand cheese very well, they assume any coagulated milk product counts as cheese, including the milk-like substance that oozes off cave maggots...

Why do so many dwarves know how to make cheese?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

They don't, per se. All dwarves are issued an instruction manual upon being assigned to a labor which describes the task they need to perform in great detail. Unfortunately most dwarves are illiterate, so they can only go by the pictures in the manual. As they perform the task more frequently, they improve their technique through trial and error. In the specific case of cheese, the pictures are enough for any dwarf to get by on and produce decent results. Practice only lets them refer to the manual less and less frequently.

Why do my dwarves usually ignore wildlife now? A group of squirrel men just paraded themselves through the outdoor meeting area and the only thing that cared in the slightest was a random dog, who tore one of the squirrel men to shreds and ignored the rest.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They have finally realised and taken solace in the fact that if something so much as raises a finger against them, their benevolent and kind overseer will flood the world in magma. Right? ....right?

Whuch part of the body does a dwarf carry something on when the item is labelled "Hauled"?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

With their beard of course, hands are only useful for holding weapons or pulling levers, as those are generally not beard-suited tasks.

Why would a healthy dorf with no obstructions or active jobs or anything else preventing them from actually being able to come back inside, instead choose to sleep outside and complain about it rather than walk thirty steps back to their royal bedroom?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beds are made of wood, that's undwarfy. Real dwarves sleep on metal ore deposits.

Can't think of a good question, next guy will be asking. :(
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Whuch part of the body does a dwarf carry something on when the item is labelled "Hauled"?
I think the serious answer is upper body (going off adventure mode.)

What do creatures who don't have beards strap their hauled items to themselves with?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

They strap it to their immense inferiority.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

What do creatures who don't have beards strap their hauled items to themselves with?
Their chins and teeth. It's a lot less efficient.

What do creatures that don't have upper bodies use to haul items?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

[Grasp] parts, and the magic they are imbued with.

Why can an adventurer with scarred hands throw items and put them into backpacks but not hold them?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 301