Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 449004 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Nah, the booze here is just great!

How do magma pistons work?
I do stuff, I guess

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Nah, the booze here is just great!

How do magma pistons work?
Cave-ins occur faster than light, causing a tear in the space-time continuum and permanently swapping the two regions of space.

What kind of dance is popular with dwarves?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Break dancing. What to break is left up to the decision of the dancer.

Why does an adventurer remember each part of the overworld he travels to, making a huge map, when he soon forgets the layout of the dungeon he is exploring?
I do stuff, I guess

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

On a similar note, Comedian trains physical stats - meaning dwarven humor probably involves stupidity and pain.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Why does an adventurer remember each part of the overworld he travels to, making a huge map, when he soon forgets the layout of the dungeon he is exploring?
The part of the brain which stores overworld maps is the same one which hates the sun, it's linked to a very powerful muscle which is also responsible for holding back the highly pressurized vomit which dorfs use as a liquid hard drive devoted to storing underground maps. When it is under-exercized they fatigue rapidly and barf everywhere, marking the path back to the comforting darkness with a bright green trail of vomit while also refreshing their memory of the underground locations. Adventurers have extremely powerful muscles and vomit far too little to benefit from this adapatation to caves.

Why does that make so much sense?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf logic. Congrats comrade, the dorfication has just begun.

How do elves know what the dwarves are saying?
I do stuff, I guess

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

The lack of diversity in languages means everybody has time to learn every dialect.

What language do demons speak, and how do they/adventurers know it?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile

The lack of diversity in languages means everybody has time to learn every dialect.

What language do demons speak, and how do they/adventurers know it?

They speak in tongues, so they are understood by every entity they speak to.

If they didn't speak in tongues, what would they speak in?
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Livers, possibly, or maybe gizzards.  It's a bit rude to talk through a mouthful (or nearest equivalent) of food, but most demons don't really seem to be too fussed over the finer details of etiquette. 

How can simple novice ranks in reading be enough to read anything ranging from books to ancient slabs from beyond time? 

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Lots of pictures

How good are the artistic renderings on ancient slabs?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't matter; dwarves can't see what is engraved on them anyway because it is dark. But still they somehow get to know the secrets to life and death by seeing them (despite not being able to see them.)

Why/how are dead dwarves instantly declothed?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

All murderers are perverts and instantly strip any kill they make of all articles of clothing instantly. It's really quite the feat that they manage it.

Why did I ever go on a hiatus from DF?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

To preserve sanity long enough to pursue real-world endeavours.

Why does nothing insane  happen in the succession forts I'm playing until the next person's turn?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The insanity you have is much greater than the insanity of the fortress, forming a positive insanity gradient, leading to insanity diffusing from you into the fortress.

Why can't we build on the very edge of the map?
I do stuff, I guess

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Government building restrictions.

Why can't we make friends with the clowns?
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 301