Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 448976 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

Cats.

What are cats?

Enemy spies that kill your GCS before you can catch them, and then explode when given the order. Catsplosion.

But who do the cats answer to?
Me.

Who am I?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I am you.

What is baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more?

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile

Love, a disgusting elf emotion.

Why are toes and fingers seemingly not of this realm? ("but the attack passes right through!")
Everything's in the news today

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't wanna know.

Why does the result of a limb being cut off get displayed as "soandso loses hold of the pig tail glove" and so forth*?

*See, I told you you don't wanna know!

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

Because the clothing flies off at amputation.

How come clothing with sleeves isn't damaged when a limb is cut off? Same with pants and legs.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile

Maybe the fact the sleeves got zippers would help with damage prevention.  Simply zip the sleeve back on, and presto!

Archery platoon, why must ya have the obsession to not shoot the enemy, even when you have a quiver full of bolts and the appropriate crossbow and line of sight on the enemy?

(Oddly specific, but a fort or two of mine had my archery regiment believe strongly in bludgeoning the foe with archery equipment for whatever reason.)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

Maybe the fact the sleeves got zippers would help with damage prevention.  Simply zip the sleeve back on, and presto!

Archery platoon, why must ya have the obsession to not shoot the enemy, even when you have a quiver full of bolts and the appropriate crossbow and line of sight on the enemy?

(Oddly specific, but a fort or two of mine had my archery regiment believe strongly in bludgeoning the foe with archery equipment for whatever reason.)
Is the ammo set for combat? They wont fire training bolts at live targets. It is for the best.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile

@skyte:  I will admit, I had bolts set to default settings (I think any material for both training and hunting).  I personally just think my dwarves are suicidally overconfident in those cases to jump from their towers to cave some skulls in.  (Some fairly sound physics research I think, but not enough to justify not just shooting them down, Urist McPhysics.)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

@skyte:  I will admit, I had bolts set to default settings (I think any material for both training and hunting).  I personally just think my dwarves are suicidally overconfident in those cases to jump from their towers to cave some skulls in.  (Some fairly sound physics research I think, but not enough to justify not just shooting them down, Urist McPhysics.)
Do they all have quivers and ammo? Maybe some dont or are running out of ammo. Next time you capture something, chain it(and disarm if necessary) and give them a kill order and observe.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile

@Skyte:  I think the one problem I'd run into, is their lack of quivers for a few.  D'oh!  (I tend to forget about the quivers, which may be a part, but it doesn't help that even the quiver holders have a good supply of ammo and love to still charge off the tower for the melee kill they hope to achieve.)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile

@Skyte:  I think the one problem I'd run into, is their lack of quivers for a few.  D'oh!  (I tend to forget about the quivers, which may be a part, but it doesn't help that even the quiver holders have a good supply of ammo and love to still charge off the tower for the melee kill they hope to achieve.)

This is why we test it on a chained target and see if any of them fire at all. Helps to narrow down the problem. If none of them fire, its a squad level problem. If some of them do, its an individual problem.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

They do things the true dwarven way, unlike those elven pansies, by the bludgeon of a hammer!

Why are only Hammers and Axes considered lords?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot Mace Lords, Swordlord sounds funny, Spearmaster shortens to the hilarious "Spermster", though I guess Daggerlord is a toss up with Daggermaster.

Better question, why does Hammer Lord carry more weight for me than Axe Lord does?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot Mace Lords, Swordlord sounds funny, Spearmaster shortens to the hilarious "Spermster", though I guess Daggerlord is a toss up with Daggermaster.

Better question, why does Hammer Lord carry more weight for me than Axe Lord does?
Simple hammers are heavier.

What about daggers, Urist?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That depends on how much dagger Urist daggers while Urist daggers dagger daggers.

Wait, how are hammers (~3 Urists) heavier than axes (~4 Urists) and have I been counting wrong all these years?
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 301