Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191874 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 58 Terminators and explosions
« Reply #915 on: February 19, 2015, 02:40:55 am »

Turn 59

CMP [4+1=5]
SPD [(4)/2+1=3]

Blaze went after the cowardly mage that ran away without as much as saying hello. It was not a long trip, past some plum trees, one dirt and tree hybrid with spikes, and then to a shore of a small lake with plenty of shipwreck. The cowardly mage was standing on deck of one of the schutled ships. Oh, wait, he went below the deck. A pity, he won't even see what hit him.

Etszu Warps away the 'muscles' on the treant's side, replacing them with human flesh. He continues attempts to wrangle control. While he works, he sees if any sort of mental 'bond' happened when the two of them merged.

CMP [4]
POT [3+1=4]
LUCK [4]

Estzu managed to launch his spell between punches, changing wood and bark to flesh. Right (ent) hand twiched, it's user uncertain of how exactly it worked. But each twich was more and more purposeful, more and more certain. It would not be long before the hand returned to punching. Mental bond between ent and man was a certainty, as paralysis began rising up from fleshwarpers leg slowly.

"Hey Crimson, I think that white obelisk was infused with an ice or snow affinity or property. Odd, I thought they were just filled with unaligned power. But the thing that activated it is only a half mile off and...hey, did you do something with your hair? And the rest of your body?" Jase asks.

Head towards the thing. Or aether sense it again if I need to. Make another essence.
"Yeah, I kind of changed myself a bit."

Get a feel of the new changes then fly up once again. Follow Jase if he heads to whatever is approaching.

CMP [4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [3]
POT [2]

LUCK [1]

Jase reached out again to find out where the being was. Knowing distance did not grant knowledge of direction. Aether could be strange like that sometimes. As he reahed out, aethermancer found no trace of whatever it was that activated the obelisk. But it found something else. Crimson was already too high up in the air to warn him, or for the warning to matter. Great shriek announced a new arival. Snow dragons were particularly nasty in that they hated anything else that could fly.

-Stuff-
Later: -Other stuff-
((I asume you still want to heal your shoulder?))
AFTER PAUSING IN SHOCK FOR THE LAST TURN, ROMANTICUS BRISSUMS WITH RAGE AND RUNS OVER WHERE JAMES IS
"YOU"

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [5+1+1=7]

Romanticanus was furious. He ran towards the ofender shouting along the way. How dare he? This biomancer (obiviously, what else could he bea, capable of healing wounds like that), did he even know how much a titan cost? And this was no ordinary titan, no, this was a gods damned prototype! Colourful discusion of shouting and trade offers followed.

Actually, now that the worm is dead I go back into the lake. Eat one water breathing fruit and explore where the whirlpool used to be.

LUCK [9]

Ishin, deciding that desert with no growth in sight save for cacti could wait, chose to explore the lake. One fruit later, he was swiming through water mixed with gore, trying to find something interesting. Gore. Gore. Bone. Gore. Plants. Gore. But what's this? Few bright red crystal shards were floating among all the blood. Could it be? It was!
{+3 shards. Half of underwater breathing time remains.}

Explore the shipwreck and put the knife in its sheathe where its ability to stab me is minimal.

LUCK [1]
STR [6]
END [6]

Azenfar stored his knife in his belt, and walked below the deck. It was quite dark, but mysteriously enough, one of the oil lamps was burning. As he walked closer to see if mabye anything was marked by the burning lamp, something hit him from behing, throwing him forward few feet. As mage turned around to face his attacker, a strange half snake creature emerged from the darkness, tip of its tail looking to be the strange mace like object he was hit with.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"It's time!"

Be the first mage to explore lands to the east!

SPD [(2+1)/2+1=2.5]

Kahel just could not resist seeing new islands joining the main one. He was still tourist at heart, new places intrigued him. Trip on the mountain took longer than expected, dodging gass vents was not helping the matters one bit, but he managed to reach the chared forest before stoping for a breather.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 59 Blood diamonds
« Reply #916 on: February 19, 2015, 02:55:33 am »

That thing has way too much armour armour for my itty-bitty little blade! Nope! out of there and run to the plains, using magic to run over the water. (Thank god for the naga thing giving me a good excuse to get out of the ship! Are you sure I rolled a 1 and not a 6 for LUCK?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:55 am »

((That naga is between you and only visible exit, so no. There are doors that lead deeper into the ship though.)) :P
((Edit: I use d10 for LUCK rolls))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:09:55 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 19, 2015, 03:53:15 am »

"Take care Romanticarnus. Sorry about destroying the mech, it really was a fine machine. I didn't have any other choice, the worm already broke through when I set the core to detonate.
I'll be by the tree if you need me. The big one covered with spikes."

Head back home. Inform Grundar and Tree of what happened, if they don't already know.
Send Grundar to search the gore-filled lake for anything of value.
Try summoning a tree ornament of magic defense for the tree.
And craft a summoning essence of course.

So, did I get anything from defeating the worm, or do I have to go diving into the lake of blood for that?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:15:34 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:43 am »

((You will have to dive either in water or in gore to claim your prize. I forgot to fix your status, will do so when I return to my PC))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 19, 2015, 04:14:38 am »

((That's what minions are for.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 19, 2015, 04:37:32 am »

((Did vortex disappear again?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 19, 2015, 04:43:04 am »

((It, um..., is invisible. Because nobody is close nearby to see it. Yeah. I certainly did not forget to add it. Now go think instead abaut that phat lewt you are swimming in.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:16 am »

Head deeper into the ship while keep hand on my knife in case of ambush.

((Is it possible for me to accelerate the naga's heartbeat or is that outside my affinity?))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:33:34 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 19, 2015, 05:32:53 am »

((It is next to your afinity, you can do it at -1POT penalty. But it is unlikely to kill in a single cast.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 19, 2015, 05:34:39 am »

Head deeper into the ship while keep hand on my knife in case of ambush while accelerating the naga's heart.

((Is tactical diplomacy an option? Is tactical diplomacy even possible in this game? If it is, how does it work?)

EDIT: I shatter a soul shard.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:37:05 am by Andres »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 19, 2015, 07:14:05 am »

Will my fireball to move towards, and touch the ship. When the ship catches Fire pull my fireball back to me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:37:07 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 19, 2015, 09:48:32 am »

Swim south while looking for treasures. Get out of water before waterbreathing wears out, and make three essences. Head to where James and Romanticus are debating.
Anything that bothers me during this process will lose their aspect of Strength.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 19, 2015, 01:02:58 pm »

((It, um..., is invisible. Because nobody is close nearby to see it. Yeah. I certainly did not forget to add it. Now go think instead abaut that phat lewt you are swimming in.))
((I am,I think. And was going to use it to try to get the Treant to at least cooperate for a moment to GTFO of there.))
"Okay. Listen. The Storm is approaching, so could you at least cooperate for the 5 minutes it takes to leave this area so we don't have both our souls sucked out or something? I'm pretty sure that that would be bad for you as well."
Diplomacy!
Attempt to move East, out of the path of the Storm.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 20, 2015, 04:34:44 am »

"Not again!"

Prepare to fight once more, turning my lance back into a spear. Use right arm to punch the air and launch an air bullet unto the incoming enemy.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 506