Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1194598 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 121 Gathering and explorations
« Reply #3150 on: October 13, 2015, 02:52:37 am »

There's also the rule that essences can't entirely save you from a bad roll. A natural 1 will still have some bad effects even if 1000 essences are used.
((Unless in a case where they already spellmantle-d from side effects, which even disable side effects of -1(1 reduced by 2, not 1 reduced by 1) at a big spell to just effectively nothing. I not gonna risk it, so i think it's better to have 990 essences to actually do the spell and use 10 to reduce the side effects.))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: October 13, 2015, 06:00:28 am »

((The infinite essence method confirmed to chek out mathematicly.

Any atempt to create an essence using another essence will now result in atempting mage turning inside-out due to conflicting curents of magic as they atempt to both store and use the power within them ath the same time.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: October 13, 2015, 06:31:45 am »

((Cue someone finding a way around that. Witch is the. Crushed by the gm, casueing a new way around to be made, and so on.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: October 13, 2015, 06:56:08 am »

((Well, i see a new loophole there: Summon consumable magic enchancer and done.))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:06:01 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: October 13, 2015, 08:17:20 am »

Jiksap's new creation was a thing of beauty in his eyes. A mechanical paradox: always broken yet always functioning, the gears turning even as they collide. He knew now that he would finally be able to think in peace... or, at least, peaceful on the outside. What goes on inside is quite the opposite.
Create 3 essences, meditate with my cool thingy that represents my insanity. Obviously, think of crazy things! Like the relationship between the crazed mind of the inventor to the mechanical order of the finished product!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: October 13, 2015, 01:39:07 pm »

Skelliborn
If Viznor agrees to the trade: turn Viznors "bone claws" item into a more bladish, more powerful, bigger, enchanted blade, sharper etc. version of itself using:
2 Blade essences +1/+1 in return for more knowledge of the vortex bane's properties.

If not, create 3 essences.

Also walk through the council room trying to get to know the other mages and get some allies. Even the strongest mage has weak spots in their magic defense, something which allies can help cover for.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:39:23 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: October 13, 2015, 09:53:03 pm »

Using enough +1 CMP and +1 POT essences to get me a total bonus (including my natural bonus, the competence aura, etc.) of +3+3, Find out more about Vortex Bane for Skeleborn. In particular, figure out exactly how unbreakable it is (how well can it resist magic, how much physical force can in take, that sort of thing), how its powers can be used (beyond destroying vortexes), and how large a role Hephustus actually played in making it.

If possible, implant the information directly into Skeliborn's mind. ((IE, have it PM'd to him)). Try to do the spell at the same time he enhances my claws.

Pick up the book, and take it with me. Use a spell to figure out what the valuable thing I found is (preferably including a run-down of what it is/can do. Could you PM that bit to me?), then get the library to bring it to me. If that doesn't work out for whatever reason, just go look for it myself, since I assume the scanning spell at least gave me an idea as to where it is.

Also do this:

Make two essences afterwards.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:38:10 am by Whisperling »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: October 13, 2015, 10:54:43 pm »

"We will wait for James before we decide on anything. I still have some modifications to make "

Transfer power from the mind wipe defence to the competence aura.

Have the castle form part of the solid aether of the table into a tablet for me. If it has to be a spell, use my +1/+1 aether essence on it. If not, use the essence on my first spell.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:57:38 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: October 14, 2015, 07:54:20 am »

"We will wait for James before we decide on anything. I still have some modifications to make "

Have the castle form part of the solid aether of the table into a tablet for me. If it has to be a spell, use my +1/+1 aether essence on it. If not, use the essence on my first spell.

You do realize that one of the only things in the fortress that keeps it from being the site of a mass murder is that anti-violence field, right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: October 14, 2015, 08:34:18 am »

The mind wipe aura is my thing, so I'm pretty sure it's within my power to regulate what Jace is doing. Arrange things so that the mind wipe aura will divert its power to the competence aura, but only if nobody has hostile intentions. Since the intent-detection system is technically separate, that shouldn't be an issue.

Jace, if you would like to improve the competence aura, I would be happy to help you. I do, however, ask that you try to keep the defense system in working order.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: October 14, 2015, 01:00:54 pm »

Continue travelling, creating 3 essences on the way.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: October 14, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »

I got distracted again, so no update today. Depending on how tomorow goes, next turn will come out in 12-24 hours.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:08:28 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: October 14, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »

((Whisperling, isn't Viznor in the library? Jase is in the chamber. How does Viznor have any idea of what Jase is doing? And while I do think that the mindwipe was a nice idea, Jase believes that people should be punished after doing something wrong, not before. While he might be supportive of mind wiping someone who attempted to kill another mage inside the fortress, he is not okay with preemptively mind wiping someone for getting angry and thinking about shouting expletives, since the verbal abuse could be considered hostile.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: October 14, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »

((Whisperling, isn't Viznor in the library? Jase is in the chamber. How does Viznor have any idea of what Jase is doing? And while I do think that the mindwipe was a nice idea, Jase believes that people should be punished after doing something wrong, not before. While he might be supportive of mind wiping someone who attempted to kill another mage inside the fortress, he is not okay with preemptively mind wiping someone for getting angry and thinking about shouting expletives, since the verbal abuse could be considered hostile.))

((It's...not actually causing any damage. It just prevents people from attacking others, because they forget the action in question before they do it. Nothing even remotely approaching preemptive punishment.))

((And I kinda assume Viznor has a feel for this thing. He made it, after all.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: October 14, 2015, 06:06:38 pm »

You do realize that one of the only things in the fortress that keeps it from being the site of a mass murder is that anti-violence field, right?
((Not really. Elder mages are simply not bloodthirsty enough.))

Animate my own blood. All essences.

((Just a nifty precaution for the future, as well as first step for something more interesting... Considering my staff, I would still function quite well with a heart torn out - giving me time to think of something.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 506