Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191869 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 245 Just a scratch
« Reply #7215 on: May 10, 2017, 09:23:10 pm »

Perfect! Now to commence production.

Using 3 +1/+1 essences and 2 +1 cmp essences, cast an aura-type spell around the mushroom, causing the poison flowing from it to gravitate directly into the magic device's input. If I worked my spells right, this should see the poison flowing in, getting its altered gravity cancelled, falling into the liquid reservoir, and shrinking down to portable sizes.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:54 pm »

Turn 246

Perfect! Now to commence production.

Using 3 +1/+1 essences and 2 +1 cmp essences, cast an aura-type spell around the mushroom, causing the poison flowing from it to gravitate directly into the magic device's input. If I worked my spells right, this should see the poison flowing in, getting its altered gravity cancelled, falling into the liquid reservoir, and shrinking down to portable sizes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chorkinaan knew little of the poison besides its obvious deadliness, so he decided to not touch it. He still wanted it though, so he created an aura around the mushroom that changed gravity to point towards the input of the container. The liquid flowed and filled the container, shrinking about five times as it entered. Then there was a creak and Chorkinaan saw the mushroom cracking and falling towards his container, and therefore, him.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Well, that's nice. Hm. Diamonds are useful for all sorts of things... lasers, for instance."

Let's get those diamonds mined out and transported to the factory. While that's happening, Doktor Diabolical improves the prospector bot's sensors and data processing(-1 for doing two things?) using 2 +1 POT essences, 1 +1 CMP essence, and a +1/+1 essence. Afterwards, he creates(-1) a robotic grenade(-1 or 0) at a distance(-1) using all his chaotic essences and a +1/+1 essence. The reason he's creating it a distance away from himself is because he doesn't want to get blown up if the grenade explodes.

Doktor remade the sensor bot while miner bot extracted diamond meteors. With some added screens and sound sensors the prospector bot revealed that inside of adamantine pillar was full of something solid. Meaning that it almost certainly wasn't a direct link to hell, or at least that it was not in use at the moment. This was great news, and not even the grenade which decided to identify as an armed mine and refused being touched could ruin his good mood.

Equip handheld bladecube and move into swarmcube range.

Cuberac carefully approached the bladecubes and the bear. The bear remained still as cubes began rising back into the air. It remained still all the way until the cubes around it began rising and then it burst out of the snow and ran. The burst of speed surprised Cuberac, which created a chance for the bear to attack. Luckily, the bear was running away from Cuberac and his cubes, probably to go after something easier, like penguins.

Summon one more luck ring and give it to Skelliborn, as payment (2 +1/+1 essences). Then two essences.

"Marvelous! A ring in payment, as promised. I intend to go back to the area with the crystal towers, near where we entered. I believe you had business there as well. Would you like to accompany me?"

If he agrees and is alright with leaving this turn or does not agree, leave the tower and begin heading north.
Sounds like a plan
Go back to the Ruby tower with The Gambler. 3 Essences In Preparation For Taking On My Old Side Quest.

Gambler and Skeliborn completed their transaction with Gambler conjuring a ring of luck and giving it to Skeliborn. The two then teamed up and went on the increasingly popular path of visiting the eldritch fields for fun and profit, team style. They paused not too far from the fields to figure out if they wanted or needed a better plan than just walking up to one of the towers.

make the shovel stop spinning and obey my commands

With another spell channeled through the emerald another wild spell was fixed. The shovel stopped spinning wildly and began floating in the air. But as Seva finished swearing and removing mud from his eyes he was something interesting. The wild flailing of the shovel had deposited a large amount of mud on the walls, enough to momentarily clear a portion of the floor. And on that semi clear floor there was a decidedly solid bump, similar in shame to one of the circles meant for the table above.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:21:21 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 246 The most popular tentacles
« Reply #7217 on: May 11, 2017, 05:12:13 pm »

Send me PM's, I have too few.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: May 11, 2017, 05:24:43 pm »

((The map's player icons are missing. EDIT: and so are special terrain features, like the Bigholder explosion or the magma. You might have uploaded the wrong map.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:26:20 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: May 11, 2017, 05:50:32 pm »

(( @Dreamerghost: Robotic grenade: It throws itself.  Or is remote-controlled. ))

Three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: May 11, 2017, 06:29:45 pm »

((This is Doktor Diabolical you're talking about. He's slightly crazy. Also, suicide bombing robot, also, throw. If it misses, it runs towards the target.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:35:11 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: May 12, 2017, 10:06:04 am »

Dig up the nearest grave after examining its marker. Essence roulette.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: May 12, 2017, 01:16:19 pm »

Oh crap!

Attempt to dispell that gravitizing aura! If that fails, dodge, and leave the magic device behind, since it's being used as the point of gravitation for my messed-up spell.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: May 12, 2017, 02:07:09 pm »

See if I can explore the tile to the west.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: May 12, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »

Onward to the Ruby Tower. 3 Essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: May 12, 2017, 05:30:43 pm »

{I'll let you create a robotic grenade if you can tell me a legit reason why anyone would make an AI running capable grenade}
Weren't there some sapient bombs in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: May 12, 2017, 05:33:43 pm »

((Think I'm late for PM.))

Minor spirits, such as this monkey, were easy to distract or scare off, but only if mage acted swiftly and decisively, gaining initiative. And as Ao held no desire to let his body be a plaything of fickle spirit, he acted like that.

Scare the spirit off, return to my body and check if any other spirit parasites tried to infest it. If spirit tries to snatch the body against its better judgement - fight it for control, reign in and imprison inside of body before deciding on its fate.

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: May 12, 2017, 07:09:39 pm »

grab the circle, have the shovel help the birds with removing mud, with the treasure bird checking the mud being removed for anything interesting
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: May 13, 2017, 04:23:10 pm »

Map is fixed, Grenade is allowed. The arguments were less than great but I'll allow Doktor to get away with this as long as you only make suicide drones instead from now on.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: May 14, 2017, 01:11:43 pm »

Likewise, onward. Three essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 506