Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I cheat and change a reaction so we can make an anvil and thus turn moods back on?

Nah, we can do without inane items, even if it'd be amusing to see you rage over amulets.
- 7 (24.1%)
Sure, seems a little wanting without chaos/Emprah driven inspiration poping up out of nowhere.
- 22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Community Settlement! [Deader than dead, save lost]  (Read 22745 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Abbey, an Underhive Mod Community Fortress, looking for founders!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 05:58:40 am »

Yay! I should be far enough away from the horror monsters that I might just have a chance at having children.

... Yeah, that's about the best anyone can really hope for in Dwarf Fortress, let alone Warhammer 40k.

We're miners. If anything, we're the shock troops.
Don't get your hopes up.

Also there's a chance of accidentally hitting toxic rubble which can cause lungrot and if exposure continues, death. And thanks to the uniform bug I cant give you guys protective masks.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 06:04:18 am »

Yay! I should be far enough away from the horror monsters that I might just have a chance at having children.

... Yeah, that's about the best anyone can really hope for in Dwarf Fortress, let alone Warhammer 40k.

Don't get your hopes up.

Also there's a chance of accidentally hitting toxic rubble which can cause lungrot and if exposure continues, death. And thanks to the uniform bug I cant give you guys protective masks.

...I get the feeling this will be as bad, if not worse, as Spearbreakers' hospital.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:59 am »

Don't get your hopes up.

...I get the feeling this will be as bad, if not worse, as Spearbreakers' hospital.

Unavoidable hazard really. Toxic rubble occurs either as a layer or huge clusters in other rocks. I forget which. And it'll only be bad if I forget to make stuff for sutures and bandages. Oh and miners are right behind silk collectors to get afflicted with the zombie plague.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 06:18:07 am »

Don't get your hopes up.

Unavoidable hazard really. Toxic rubble occurs either as a layer or huge clusters in other rocks. I forget which. And it'll only be bad if I forget to make stuff for sutures and bandages. Oh and miners are right behind silk collectors to get afflicted with the zombie plague.

I was more hoping my skills as a Mechanic would make me useful enough to get away from mining once some...expendable help comes along.

And what's this about a zombie plague?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 09:30:22 am »

Thanks! Here's some backstory for my character.

This scrawny, unpresentable black-haired man/woman looks like an average grumpy trapper that sells low-cost leather clothing and self-made mechanisms. This type can easily blend in with a crowd in the rattiest bars of Underhive. He/she is rarely noticed in large colonies, and he/she is usually regarded as an unfriendly loner in new small communities. But those, who knew him/her before, are usually terrified of seeing him/her again, because...

"Some people are destined to be masters. Others are bound to serve them."

...They know who he/she truly is.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:33:57 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »

@Senshuken: The Zombie Plague is a disease wrought by Nurgle and spread by his followers, and is especially common on hive worlds where it can initially spread like wildfire. We won't encounter them until we venture into the old domes or the scavvies herd them at us, since I don't think we were close enough to be a target for the nearby Nurgle Sorcerer's hold.

Quote from: From Lexicanum
The Zombie Plague is one of the many foul contagions spread by the followers of Nurgle. It is a combination of a Chaos infection and a physical malaise. The plague degenerates those it infects, although a portion of the victim's life essence is retained by the body even after physical death has occurred. The disease is a spiritual contagion as much as physical one - afflicting those lacking in utter faith.[6] Plague zombies act like archetypal zombies - mindless, shambling and cannibalistic; they are hard to kill and generally require a traumatic blow to the head to kill them. It has been observed that some Psykers appear to be able to control the actions of the zombie hordes.[1]
On affected worlds, a once-loyal man may survive by pledging new allegiance to the Chaos Gods. This is problematic in the extreme for any Imperial reclamations, because, as well as the zombies themselves, they are forced to fight hordes of cultists who have had plenty of time to take over the planet's defenses

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 01:27:23 pm »

I want a doctor name him Thanatos.

He trained under a very successful doctor but apparently he was "sociopath" who was too violent and had no empathy. So he was kicked and he became his own doctor. He wears all black clothes including a hood which only allows you to see his nose and mouth. He likes conducting expirements and hates cats
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »

I want a doctor name him Thanatos.

He trained under a very successful doctor but apparently he was "sociopath" who was too violent and had no empathy. So he was kicked and he became his own doctor. He wears all black clothes including a hood which only allows you to see his nose and mouth. He likes conducting experiments and hates cats

Alrighty. I can assign you to a malpractice prone noob in the next wave or wait until someone with basic medical skills comes up.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »

Wait for someone please
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »

Will do. Might be one hell of a long wait though.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 02:19:12 pm »

I'll wait

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »

Well shit. I thought I remembered to reenable the anvil in the hiver entity file and as far as I know I can't now. I've had to disable artifacts.  :(

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 03:33:52 pm »

I call Delirus! Because he's delirious! Name him The Master and set his profession to Resident Marmot Interrogator.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 03:41:18 pm »

I call Delirus! Because he's delirious! Name him The Master and set his profession to Resident Marmot Interrogator.

Can do, but do you have an actual name for him or do I have to make one up? :P Might be fun having a cloud cookoolander in the group!

EDIT: First update out! Was able to make one ebcause the only ones who had anything of note happen already got claimed.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »

Name him Mr. Dr. Prof. Xavier Walsh!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10