OH ARMOK YES!
- 7 (23.3%)
I'll have what she's having.
- 17 (56.7%)
Check please!
- 4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Caveravens: Year 3: Fall, 737: Fall to your DOOM  (Read 23512 times)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A new succession game (Another one?! Newbies/experts welcome!)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 08:04:02 pm »

Sorry BroadbloBreadbocks!

I'd recommend playing a game or two of 31.06 to familiarize yourself with the changes that have been made. And fuzzy, I don't mind going second (or even third) as long as I'm amongst the starting 7, if we choose to do that. I'll add you to the tentative list as soon as I have access to a computer again, and I'm going to reformat the OP to be more edit friendly so I can keep it up to date.

As soon as I get a majority (5+) vote for the version, I'm putting up a poll for our embark point.

If you don't mind me being first, then I'm in! Strike the Earth!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 08:53:49 pm »

You're upset about capitalization now?

On the internet people usually capitalize at random anyway.  I don't even notice when people talk about me capitalized or not.

Relax and enjoy the sweet scent of the internet, don't stress so much Breed_Box  ;)

ENRAGED
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 09:02:23 pm »

I'll sign up.

I'm voting for 31.06.  I've played far too many games of 40d.

alxnotorious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:54 pm »

I'd like to be part of this game. I've been a DF player for well over a year now, so I'd consider myself experienced. We'll see how that works out if I get to play a turn.
WAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBBBLLLGARRBBLE. THE KING OF HAND CREAMS HAS SENT YOU HERE, AND THE POD IS THE THRONE OF THE GOBLIN EMPEROR. DESTROY ALL UNBELIEVERS.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:14 pm »

I'm in.

I vote for 40d. I trust it more and don't know anything about using the new ver.
Meowth! That's right!

Zombie_Dog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 01:20:45 am »

I work six days a week, and you can't really play DF while on the radio (I tried, poor choice) so taking a turn would be a bad idea, but I would love to be dorfed when the migrants come, if even to just have something interesting do read at work.

I'd prefer a doctor, as their addition fascinates me. It was pretty weak having a dwarf get into a slap fight with a mountain goat months into embark and spend the next year bed ridden, sucking down water and mushrooms. ANYWAYS

Name: Doctor Z
Profession: Doctor

If no doctors are available or viable, a smith would be cool too.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 02:22:28 am »

I'll take the first available turn, PM me when it's time for me to play.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 04:44:04 am »

I played a game of 31.01, and gave up because my dwarves starved themselves and refused to path to my food stockpile.

(Much) more recently, I've got a small fort going in a cavern in 31.06, and nothing bad's happened yet, so I think I'm ok with the new version.

I just need to figure out the military screen, to be honest, and most of the reason I couldn't figure it out before was all the stupid bugs it would throw at me.

as an aside, can I request for us to have magma closer to the surface than normal? trying to get dwarves to make a 100z pump stack just doesn't seem likely.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 07:23:38 am »

Hello all,

I wouldent mind having a crack at a fun sucession game, been a while since i joined in one.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 12:15:17 pm »

Hey, sounds like fun. Last succession game I tried to join, ages ago, died. This one seems like a nice idea though.

I'm not exactly an "expert", but I'm definitely not a noob. I vote for 2010, though, it could lead to much more interesting things happening.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
Re: A new succession game (Entry closed)
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »

Everyone up to Marzen has been added to the tentative list. Fuzzy, you'll be first. I've also closed further additions, since at this point if everyone takes the full week to play it'll take 3 months already. Edited the OP, and added The Rules and a new poll. I'm closing the poll tomorrow night (8PM CST, 2AM GMT) so get your votes in! I voted Haunted/Untamed Wilds for the simple fact that it'll make things more interesting from the get-go.

If it's fine with everyone else, I'm just gonna pick the first site to come up in the finder. To make it simple, flux yes, aquifer no, river yes. I'll be genning a world with fewer cavern layers, so the magma sea should be closer to the surface, so be careful about digging too deep (or go for it, if you can handle it.)

At this point, if you want to be dorfed let me know. I'm going to be making a list. Also, the first 7 on the play list can choose skills and a name and title for one of the embarking members.

Spoiler: My dorf (click to show/hide)
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »

I voted joyous wilds. Either unicorns or zombie whales. Take your pick. Or try for both, and harvest the massive gain is food and bone.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

alxnotorious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 04:08:21 pm »

Here, I'd like to get in on being Dorf'd too. Just give the first migrant Mechanic that pops up my username.

WAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRBBBLLLGARRBBLE. THE KING OF HAND CREAMS HAS SENT YOU HERE, AND THE POD IS THE THRONE OF THE GOBLIN EMPEROR. DESTROY ALL UNBELIEVERS.

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 04:15:19 pm »

I would prefer an untamed wilds, but haunted could be fun.

Also, I would like a Dwarf. Give one of the Miner's the name Marzen.

evilgenius21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 06:24:37 pm »

I'd like to be Dorf'd too. I'll take the first unclaimed dwarf in the military. Just name him 'Evil.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24