Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9768 times)

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2023, 03:51:43 pm »

Perhaps tavern food, and even alchemical potions gives the buff to certain areas, and general buffs give it to one roll. So if you were having a feast to prepare for a volcano lair of a dragon, let’s say you eat spicy curry which would help you on rolls doing with heat, a drink thatl give you a boost on any one roll, and buy a potion that will give you strength to fight one monster you encounter, to use when you see the dragon.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 04:48:35 pm »

Unnamed adventurer (A1s)
Oh, it's Aywen. Aywen Ayes the bard.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2023, 12:43:03 am »

Perhaps tavern food, and even alchemical potions gives the buff to certain areas, and general buffs give it to one roll. So if you were having a feast to prepare for a volcano lair of a dragon, let’s say you eat spicy curry which would help you on rolls doing with heat, a drink thatl give you a boost on any one roll, and buy a potion that will give you strength to fight one monster you encounter, to use when you see the dragon.

This is a good solution. I like the idea that food applies to specific situations. Let's see what the Tavernkeeper's Guild can come up with with that in mind.

I have ideas for monster raids on Keyforge, I'll place them here as it relates to combat.

Basically a mission to save the town. Monsters can converge on specific buildings, which can even be destroyed.

That guild would close down temporarily to repair, like for a day.

I'm thinkin' like a once a week event, with about a 3 day gap of randomness. Like Fri, Sat, Sun. Maybe there are only a few monsters sometimes, others a double raid.

I'd say that any class can contribute to fighting raids using the base stat of their highest level class.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2023, 02:58:31 am »

Speaking on behalf of the Cartographers, this guild has 3, would you like to describe your building guildmaster? You mentioned something about a villa?
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2023, 03:03:05 am »

Speaking on behalf of the Cartographers, this guild has 3, would you like to describe your building guildmaster? You mentioned something about a villa?

The building is something like a roman villa. Two stories surrounding a courtyard with terracotta roves.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2023, 05:51:36 am »

How soon until the first expidition?
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2023, 06:12:03 pm »

How soon until the first expidition?

Bruv Brightbuckle is putting together a party called The Unsung Heros to tackle The Southern Marshes. He is a rogue and we need a warrior or mage and a bard or cleric.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2023, 06:44:01 pm »

The wizard Bim offers his services to the Bruvs quest as a Level 1 Mage

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2023, 01:10:46 pm »

Taarka the bard would like to join the expedition
she/her

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2023, 01:24:11 pm »

And if that doesn't work out, Aywen Ayes (the bard) is also available.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2023, 01:25:11 pm »

And if that doesn't work out, Aywen Ayes (the bard) is also available.

It's First come first serve but you could start another party to take on another dungen!

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2023, 01:42:52 pm »

The Unsung Heros sets out from the Adventurer's Guild in the morning to tackle their first dungeon. I know I said everyone starts off with no tools but I already mentioned the guild has theives tools so Bruv will be using those. Any rogue or ranger guild member will be able to borrow them when they are available.

Spoiler: Southern Marshes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Unsung Heros (click to show/hide)

The party reaches the heart of the marshes after 5 hours of travel. The terrain has grown trecherous, every other step landing in mud. You see a large twisted, leafless tree at the center of a clearing with bats hanging from it's branches. The mud in the area bubbles with gases. There are mushrooms growing in the area that the alchemist's guild would probably want to trade for.

Before we enter the first "room", Taarka needs to decide if sher want to cast a ritual or buff the party.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:47:09 pm by MadMonkey »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2023, 01:44:48 pm »

Taarka casts a ritual
she/her

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2023, 02:05:40 pm »

The Souther Marshes Room 1: Clearing Enterance

Bruv says, "This swamp gas might be poisonous or explosive. Let me handle that." (Rolled 1, DC 2) Bruv uses a stick to poke the gas bubbles, safely releasing the gas in the area. Bruv sees bats starting to swarm and warns Bim. Bim +1 brawn.

Bim sends motes of magical energy at the bats. (rolled 1, DC 3) All the bats are struck down.

Taarka sings a meledoy to cast a ritual and detects an aura of enchantment magic coming from beneat the roots of the tree. Something magic is hidden under there.

The party collects 3 yellow mushrooms from a treestump. You also harvest 6 bat eyeballs and 6 bat wings. Bruv will hold onto the loot until you make it back to Keyforged.

The path to the tree is to dificult to get there directly, you will have to travel around the clearing to find another way. Do you go left or right? Also, does Taarka cast another ritual or buff the party?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2023, 02:18:21 pm »

Buff the party
she/her
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12