Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tweak thread description  (Read 656 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
tweak thread description
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:25:08 am »

Hiya,

My weavers keep announcing "Urist McDwarf cancels weave 'x' into cloth: needs 1 unused collected 'x' thread" even though I have thread (yarn and silk) in my stocks.  After disabling all bins in cloth/thread stockpiles and still getting the message, I finally figured out that my doctors must have used some of those thread-items for various suture jobs (I happened to see one with the "suture" job carrying one of the thread-items in question). 

My suggestion/request is the following: to tweak descriptions of thread so that once part of it has been used for suturing, the description now says something like "partially used" and/or "mostly used", to cut down on the "but you HAVE thread" player responses to the cancellation message.  It may also be good to somehow keep those thread-items from creating weaving jobs.  And also to make that  partly-used thread a priority for hospital claiming items.

- Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur