Advanced search  

Poll

So?

Works, faster
Works, no difference
Doesn't work
I can't tell, I'm too busy being.. oh god the carp

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: DF Accelerator (obsolete)  (Read 47038 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: DF Accelerator
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 01:22:23 pm »

..that shouldn't work. Er....

Good for you?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 01:24:26 pm »

Neither should Dwarven Physics. but they do, so shush.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 02:04:24 pm »

Thank you!!!  I have linux and am playing it through wine until we get a linux version.  It was moving at the speed of molasses earlier, and now it is great.   ;D
Could you share how you achieved that? Tried on wine myself, partial print is glitched.

Sean_W

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 02:11:47 pm »

Good for you?
It made a huge increase for me in wine on my mac as well. Why shouldn't it work?

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 02:14:21 pm »

Could you share how you achieved that? Tried on wine myself, partial print is glitched.

I did exactly what the instructions said.  My df directory/folder is on my desktop; I have ubuntu, not sure which version.  I have visual effects set to "none".

When I start df up, I move the window to where I want it to be.  Then since that changes everything so I can't see it, I push the up and down keys to get the options back, and go into the game.  Going into a menu and back out (like "z" or "a") gets everything working okay, although the pixels that make up the gray border don't ever change, so there are a few black boxes around the border.

If I try to move it AFTER I start up the game, then I have pixels that look like game tiles where the gray border usually is, and it's confusing.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 02:40:43 pm »

The method my opengl wrapper uses to find the real opengl library is not very portable, and not applicable to wine since wine does not have an actual opengl32.dll for me to open.

They may have added emulation code for that since I wrote the wrapper, though.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 02:44:08 pm »

Probably that, then.  IDK how it works, I just know it does  :-[

Sean_W

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 04:18:25 pm »

The method my opengl wrapper uses to find the real opengl library is not very portable, and not applicable to wine since wine does not have an actual opengl32.dll for me to open.

They may have added emulation code for that since I wrote the wrapper, though.
They did add emulation to opengl, not sure if it was recent or not.

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 02:36:37 am »

Strange, I get no effect whatsoever.  No FPS change, no blue tint...  I know I've got the right file/settings, since if I turn on the intro, it actually messes up the graphics...so I know it's doing something.
...It just doesn't do anything, which kinda surprises me.

Running XP, SP2, nvidia 8800gt video card, playing windowed.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 02:59:47 am »

After extensive testing, Subject No 1342.54 (Gravenous) has submitted the following results :

Test subject : DF 2010 (v.0.31.01)

Test conditions : Acer Aspire 5738ZG Laptop, processor Pentium T4300 @ 2,1 GHz , Radeon 4570 @ 512 mb DDR3 VRam, 3 GB DDR2 RAM, Win 7 Professional 32bit

Subject Conditions : 4x4 locale, 53 dwarves of which 23 idlers, 15 animals, 166 Z-levels of which 150 - steep mountain with spring, two vast caverns discovered.

Additional Conditions : Winamp and Firefox running.

Test results (checked twice) :

FPS With Opengl.dll file AND partial print YES:2 ~ 40 through 55
FPS With Opengl.dll file AND partial print YES:0 ~ 45 through 60
FPS Without Opengl.dll file AND partial print YES:2 ~ 60 through 67
FPS Without Opengl.dll file AND partial print YES:0 ~ 30. Or possibly 300. Screen flicker induces comma in the tester too swiftly for any reliable results to be gathered.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 03:19:54 am »

OKay, so upon further testing...I'm not really sure what to make of it.  Because Partial print just seems to have no impact whatsoever, with or without the openGL.dll
Partial print yes 2, does the same as yes 0, which does the same as no 2 and no 0.
Same results with the openGL.dll

verte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:32 am »

There' something wrong with pathfinding in 0.31.01, regardless of obvious problems with it(dude cannot find a place while standing NEAR it etc), there are huge fps losses for few seconds sometimes while using DF accelerator when pathfinding has a problem.
But 60-70 fps at 1280x800 on feeble 1.6ghz with gma965 and fort with 70 dwarves is real thing.
DF accelerator needs fullscreen mode, as there's only small fps jump while using windowed mode here.

Same here. From time to time there are huge fps losses with or without accelerator.

Freeklace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:48 am »

Works really well!
I've actually had to put the FPS limit down to 100 from 200 since it was maxing out and made everything move at warp speed!
Nice one mate!
 ;)

chintznibbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 05:39:08 am »

Hmm, I guess Partial Print doesn't work for me...  Setting it to YES:2 works fine, although worldgen is a bit wonky.  (I suspect that to be the fault of my using Graphics with DF2010).  Setting it to YES:0, on the other hand, makes everything blink on and off rapidly and be practically unresponsive.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:24 am »

Without partial print I got about 25 fps
With partial print 2 I got 70 fps
With partial print 0 and the opengl32.dll I get 50 fps
its the same with partial print 2 and opengl32.dll.

Windowed at 1420x830

It works (although a bit blue) but it seems to significantly slow it down. The partial print 2 trick worked extreemly well on its own though.

Im on Vista 32 bit, Intel E6600 (at 2.6Ghz) and 4gb of memory and ATI Radeon 4850 with 512 GDDR3.

Thanks for the 40d#, cant wait until the d# merge.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15