Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: a new custom race intended for masterwork  (Read 3023 times)

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile
Re: a new custom race intended for masterwork
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »

sorry for the delay, Real life is stupid :P

anywhay. don't worry about it Jimex, i am flattered that thought it was good enough to be a copy of meph's work.
as far as the dark ones are concerned, the basic idea was that they would be evil, dangerous and sinister beings sort of like a fusion of dark eldar mandrakes from 40k and dopplgangers from dungeons & dragons. i will probably add more castes to them to make them a bigger and more complicated threat to a fortress. basically: you encounter them once, and they appear to be a pushover. but then dwarves start to go missing. a dwarf is found drained of blood. is it a vampire? or is it something else... the area surounding the fortress is shrouded in fog, and mysterous creatures stalk the fortress residents.

the player is soon jumping at every shadow, and quarantines the entire fortress, until inevitably, the fortress spirals into chaos. then the dark ones strike.

tl;dr: they are supposed to be annoying as hell and require some strategy to fend off.

some of the stuff, like the desguising themselves as dwarves and infiltrating your fortress, are way beyond my ability to make. if anybody knows how to make that happen, or is has a scrap of RAW that they wish to add, go head

ps. and this race is what happens when i read a bunch of the night lord novels all at once :P. just be glad i did not mod in heldrakes or khorne beserkers :P
iron within, iron withouth

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 02:51:46 pm »

some of the stuff, like the desguising themselves as dwarves and infiltrating your fortress, are way beyond my ability to make. if anybody knows how to make that happen, or is has a scrap of RAW that they wish to add, go head
I did exactly that. See the Cult of the Carp god. There is a succession fort going on that encountered them: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140847.0

Have you seen the new Banshee race I added?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »

thanks meph
iron within, iron withouth
Pages: 1 [2]