Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fanmade [RELIGION] tokens  (Read 161 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Fanmade [RELIGION] tokens
« on: April 23, 2024, 07:25:42 pm »

What about an [OBJECT:RELIGION]? Or splitting the current religion mechanics into tags for the same customisation options for entities and creatures? I am excluding cults that worship megabeasts and demons and the like, as those should be handled separately. I am talking about mythological figures here.

You can add any tags you think would be fitting in the replies.

My tags below;

RELIGION•nameWorks the same way as CREATURE or ENTITY headers. Defines a religion.
CREATES_WEREBEAST_CURSESMakes the divine figures of this belief system capable of cursing people to be werebeasts. Does nothing if the belief system has no gods.
CREATES_VAMPIRE_CURSESMakes the divine figures of this belief system capabke of cursing people to become vampires. Does nothing if there are no gods in the belief system.
DEITY_NATURE•typeDenotes what the deities are like, essentially. Has 2 valid entries. A belief system can have both of them.

SPHERE: Literally the spheres themselves. They have no descriptions, and no names. Adherents of this belief system literally worship mountains or the caverns or justice. These figures are not limited by the tokens;

•DEITY_NUMBER
•DEITY_FORM
•DEITY_DESC_MALE
•DEITY_DESC_FEMALE
•DEITY_DESC_NEUTRAL
•DEITY_POWER
•GODS_TIED_TO

They are not counted as gods, and therefore do not curse people or make deals with demons.

GOD: Divine figures with names, unique persons and spheres they are associated with. Spheres associated change with the entities RELIGION_SPHERE and SPHERE_ALIGNMENT tags.
DEITY_NUMBER•lowest
•highest
How many unique divine figures this belief system can have. Goes from 0 to 25. Making both 1 will produce monotheistic religions that worships nothing else. Making both 0 will mean no unique divine figures, and any mentions of such will be vague, such as "a god".
DEITY_POWER•lowest
•highest
Determines the range of how many spheres a divine figure can have. Making both 0 means gods with no spheres and worshippers that just revere them instead of meditating on anything.
DEITY_FORM•typeHas 5 valid entries. A belief system can have multiple of them.

ANIMAL: Divine figures can be depicted as animals from the said civilisations homeland.
HYBRID: Divine figures can be depicted as animal hybrids of the civilisations race, such as a dwarf with a lions head, or a human with bat wings.
PERSON: Divine figures can be depicted as the race of the civilisation.
EMBODIMENT: Divine figures can be depicted as personifications of their spheres, such as beings made of fire or plant matter.
ABSTRACT: Divine figures have no depictions of themselves and instead are depicted through their effects on the world, such a rain deity depicted through the rain they make.
DEITY_DESC_MALE, DEITY_DESC_FEMALE and DEITY_DESC_NEUTRAL•singular
•plural
•adjective
Defaults to "god:gods:god", "goddess:goddesses:goddess" and "deity:deities:deity", respectively. Allows the divine figures to be referred to as anything, such as "force", "spirit" or "aspect". Not including one or two of them means figures having only the included pronouns. Including none means exclusively genderless deities.
GODS_TIED_TO•typeHas 2 valid entries. A belief system can have both of them. A belief system that doesn't has this token do not have deities its deities bound to locations.

BIOME: Divine figures of this belief system are bound to and associated with certain terrain. A civilisations home biome always takes presedence.
SITE: Divine figures are associated with and are the tutelary gods of certain sites that the civilisation holds. Only the sites established by the said civilisation can be held, and the first site of the civilisation always takes presedence.
GODS_MAKE_PACTS_WITH_DEMONSMakes it so that divine figures of this belief system makes pacts with demons and make vaults to hide the slabs that bind the demons to the above world. Does not works with SPHERE gods.
MAKES_ANGELSDecides if the divine figures have procedurally angels to their name. If not, the vaults will be defended by traps instead.
CREATES_DIVINE_METALMakes it so that divine figures create procedural metal types. If not added, defaults to steel.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 09:24:28 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fanmade [RELIGION] tokens
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 07:42:21 pm »

This looks really good, but what about the regional forces that elves worship?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 07:49:51 pm »

This looks really good, but what about the regional forces that elves worship?

That would be a belief system with;

[DEITY_NATURE:GOD]
[DEITY_NUMBER:1:1]
[DEITY_POWER:1:2]
[DEITY_FORM:ABSTRACT]
[DEITY_DESC_NEUTRAL:force:forces:force]
[GODS_TIED_TO:BIOME]
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 08:55:50 pm »

Oh I didn't see that part

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 08:58:37 pm »

I love this, hopefully it can become a part of the upcoming myth & magic changes. +1.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.