Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 486108 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4305 on: September 16, 2021, 11:24:39 am »

...was the dino-lizard within range of that Dispel Magic, perchance?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: September 16, 2021, 04:11:00 pm »

...was the dino-lizard within range of that Dispel Magic, perchance?

Probably not, everyone in the panel looked to be in a ~20-ft area, with Bloodfeast nowhere there. And V would need to roll at least an 11 to remove Miron's(assuming he's level 20) Baleful Polymorph.

edit: DnD adventure idea: Random farmer mistakenly receives an errant casting of Message, takes it as a message from the gods and starts a cult

Neat, but Message has such a short range(Medium: 100ft +10ft/level) that it'd be hard not to see the person casting it. Or hear, since despite being a stealth communication spell it has a verbal component. Plus, unlike Sending, it's a two-way communication for several minutes, so I don't see how it would be a mistake without some way of correcting it.

Now, intentionally messaging someone so they start a cult. That's a genuine laugh. Or a plot for an Evil-aligned PC adventure.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: September 16, 2021, 04:19:18 pm »

Now, intentionally messaging someone so they start a cult. That's a genuine laugh. Or a plot for an Evil-aligned PC adventure.

This is something I've thought about with regard to GOOlocks and their telepathic communication from the get-go. Particularly, I wonder if you'd have any way of recognizing who it was that was speaking to you in your head if you didn't already know...

I figure it'd be great for setting up a cult! Sneakily proselytize via telepathy, and hopefully your acolytes count as level 1 once they take the pact and can start using it themselves to spread the network! :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: September 27, 2021, 09:57:16 pm »

I'm gonna call my wild theory now that the invisible stalkers or whatever will show up and bail Serini out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it wall worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: September 27, 2021, 10:08:13 pm »

brave

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: September 28, 2021, 04:16:23 am »

"Invisible stalkers"? The green and orange voices that captured O-chul and Lien? That was Serini and Sunny, respectively.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: September 29, 2021, 03:04:20 am »

Huh, why were they talking about existing then?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: September 29, 2021, 03:06:39 am »

Because the world is going to end. That goes for everybody, magically summoned or no.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: September 29, 2021, 04:21:38 am »

Because the world is going to end. That goes for everybody, magically summoned or no.

Especially so when you consider that, by living next to the Gate, Serini and family are in a very real danger of being hit by the Snarl should it break free.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: October 04, 2021, 08:24:02 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: October 05, 2021, 04:47:56 am »

Potpurries are devious. They sound like food but people become mad when you try to eat them
Love, scriver~

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: October 05, 2021, 10:35:18 am »

If only Serini let them talk for long enough to explain that they also want to protect the gate.

Then she would know what is going on.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4317 on: October 05, 2021, 04:04:10 pm »

If only Serini let them talk for long enough to explain that they also want to protect the gate.

Then she would know what is going on.

Given the discourse between Serini and the paladins, she knows very well that this is what they want to do. She also knows that the four other gates had blown up, and V helpfully indicated the OotS' involvement.

And, let's be honest, the party almost revealed the real dungeon to Xykon as part of their surprise attack. They're bad at protecting things, it just so happens that up until the dwarven council, destruction always proved a viable plan B.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: October 14, 2021, 02:13:41 pm »

New one, and a news post for the first time in nearly a year.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: October 14, 2021, 04:06:53 pm »

So if I'm looking at this right, and provided that there's actually any consistency at all in which eyestalks are which, that means V just got slapped with petrification.

EDIT: Also, it looks a bit like he's just blasted the lizard with antimagic.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 311