Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing OOC Thread (Recruitment Closed, 12/12)  (Read 19151 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing OOC Thread (Recruitment Open)
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2019, 12:36:54 pm »

A new set of lore notes has been uploaded. If anyone would like to have a look at them to change their backstories, they're up in the OP.

In addition, I will be going through and reading every submission to audit them, to provide some guidance in regards to what needs to be improved in regards to backstories and Personal Skills on the 17th (this Wednesday). Please do not ask me for feedback unless absolutely necessary before then.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:54:59 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 11:30:34 am »

Alright, ladies and gents, it's time for the first audit of the sheets. I'll give you brief feedback here to tell you if your sheet's good to go or not and will primarily be focusing on PSes and backstories. If you want to follow up, please PM me here or on Discord. USEC_OFFICER's sheet is exempt after discussion on the Discord and so I won't look at it yet.

-snip-
Backstory good to go. After having given it some serious thought, Wide Lens is a no-go. I like the idea but I'm still very iffy on enabling PSes like this. Everything else is good.

-snip-
No glaring issues. You're good to go. Bonus points for coordinating other peeps too.

-snip-
Assuming you're still interested, this is very barebones and lacks anything for me to actually have a look at. Please finish this sheet.

-snip-
Good to go mechanically, but the backstory is immensely lacking. Outside of her having her parents killed and her going for the Demon Lord, I know very little about Sikora. Please expand her backstory; otherwise, you're good to go. Also, Oni are generally shy beings in this setting.

-snip-
Old Man Henderson is too thinly veiled an expy and this doesn't even do anything clever with the character you're flat-out ripping off. I understand I advertised this as a meme game but I expect some level of effort put into the fluff. Mechanically, your Personal Fault is far too severe and your first Personal Skill is very broad, given that this is a game about fighting the forces of the Demon Lord and by extension, the Demon Generals. This sheet needs a massive overhaul to be acceptable.

-snip-
You're good to go.

-snip-
Mechanically sound. The backstory, however, could use some expansion and/or overhauling. You're a Revivian who makes fun of the genre conventions.....except Revivians in and of themselves are already a parody of the very genre conventions you're parodying. You might want to rethink the concept or expand on it a little bit, do something a little more exciting with it. The backstory isn't unacceptable, just a little boring in comparison to the other Revivian sheets that do exactly the same thing you're doing but with their own twist or spin on the subject.

-snip-
As horrified as I am to say it, acceptable. Good lord help us all.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
I know about Vlad's backstory off discussion on Discord, so that's preemptively accepted. Just finish up mechanics and put something concrete down and you're good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Aside from some slight wording issues, good to go.

-snip-
Points for creatively weaving in the backstory, but this is basically just Dio. Tone it down a little bit even if I'd love to take him in as is. No mechanical issues that I can pick at here.

-snip-
Sound mechanically, but applying with literally just Ted isn't going to quite cut it in terms of backstory. Please make him less blatantly literally Ted, either by changing his backstory or making it a lot more subtle. Points for taste in good film, though.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Good to go.

-snip-
Mechanically fine. As with blasbo and Tric, this is too blatantly meme-y in regards to backstory. Please overhaul your sheet or tone it down. As much as I'd also like to have him.

Alright, I believe that's everyone who hasn't got an excuse to escape the audit. There will be another audit of sheets shortly before selection. As I said before, if you want more detailed feedback, please PM me here or on Discord.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 05:04:55 pm »

Wide lens was adjusted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2019, 11:05:43 pm »

In case you missed your first chance at the initial audit, the next audit for sheets will be on the second of May. You have, after that, one more chance to make sheets better before I make my final decision.

If your sheets aren't finished or haven't been adjusted according to the suggestions during the last audit, please have them finished by then as your chances of getting decent feedback for them will be massively reduced after the final audit.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 02:02:18 pm »

Alright, ladies and gents, it's time for the second audit of the sheets. I'll give you brief feedback here to tell you if your sheet's good to go or not and will primarily be focusing on PSes and backstories. If you want to follow up, please PM me here or on Discord. I won't be looking at sheets that I've already approved unless they've undergone massive changes since the last audit or I've been specifically requested to look at the sheets in question again. I will also review sheets unless explicitly told that the poster in question has retracted interest in the game.

-snip-
As mentioned before, you're good after having fixed your stuff. Nothing too glaring.

-snip-
Still as barebones as before.

-snip-
No changes made, so this is also very barebones. Please fix this; there is almost nothing to work on here either for you or prospective support partners.

-snip-
The pointers for changes have still not been taken into consideration. Please reread the first audit's pointers or contact me if you need help changing it, or contact any of the other players for some help if you do not feel comfortable asking myself directly.

-snip-
Bio's good. You get points for going with an interesting personality for a vampire in the setting. This should be funny, considering the level of incompetents poor Dacian's got to deal with.

-snip-
Same as above.

-snip-
Still gotta see some backstory here, man. Even a little bit. I know the general gist, but it'd be nice to have something real concrete to play around with.

-snip-
You're sorted now.

-snip-
See the first audit.

-snip-
You've done an admirable job of changing Ted to be less blatantly a meme and played with the Revivian archetype pretty nicely. You're good to go.

-snip-
See the first audit.

This will be the last time I will be giving pointers on what improvements need to be made specifically before the final selection on Saturday, May 4. As I said before, if you want more detailed feedback, please PM me here or on Discord.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2019, 06:31:31 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:07:02 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2019, 11:22:49 am »

Did Discord just derp for anyone else?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2019, 11:26:11 am »

Yeah, it's constantly trying to connect but it still loads messages for me whenever I close and reopen it and I'm still sending messages apparently.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2019, 11:29:32 am »

Mine's just stuck at the connection screen. :/
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2019, 11:31:38 am »

Okay, ladies and gents. The final decisions have been made. Without further ado:

Prologue:
1. Asuna (Powder Miner)
2. Keith (SeriousConcentrate)
3. Keilee (kj1225)
4. Vlad (Taricus)
5. Jarvis (Praefectus Screptum)

First Chapter:
6. Gnome Jenkins (BMM42)
7. 42-1 (Sirus)
8. Yliss (SirAston)
9. Marcia (Empiricist)
10. Shoes (KingMurdoc)

Second Chapter (opened because it was too difficult to make final decisions):
11. Lillian (Raindrop Valkyrie)
12. Selene (Twinwolf)

The game will begin on May the 11th, next Saturday. Thank you all for applying, even if you didn't get in; I genuinely had a blast just looking through and reading most of your submissions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2019, 11:40:02 am »

Ah well. Go rage Asuna. With the fury of a thousand Bad Ends.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing OOC Thread (Recruitment Closed, 12/12)
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04:31 pm »

I saw it coming from a mile away

Namely because I had a whole F***ING MONTH to punch in a bio, and I didn't. I am the embodiment of the new spongebob meme where he just has a smug face for his title, "Professional Retard." Usually comes with a caption like "When the teacher assigns something due at the end of class but you fall asleep and the teacher extends the due date to tomorrow and you still don't do it."

Enough roasting myself! Have fun, people!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2019, 07:54:10 am »

It's time to pick Affinities, ladies and gentlemen.

Prologue:
Jarvis:
6, 5
Dark or Thunder?

Keith:
Dark or Light?

Asuna:
9, 3
Heaven or Anima?

Keilee:
7, 8
Ice or Water?

Vlad:
3, 4
Anima or Light?

Chapter 1:
Shoes:
4, 9
Light or Heaven?

Gnome Jenkins:
8, 10
Water or Earth?

42-1:
7, 3
Ice or Anima?

Yliss:
7, 6
Ice or Thunder?

Marcia:
4, 1
Light or Fire?

Chapter 2:
Selene:
Heaven or Dark?

Lilian:
1, 6
Fire or Thunder?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2019, 07:59:25 am »

Keilee takes Ice. I'm told it's cooler than being cool.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2019, 08:00:29 am »

Light.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11