Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to change the color of graphics?  (Read 1960 times)

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a way to change the color of graphics?
« on: August 17, 2011, 01:34:49 am »

Particularly, I'd like to brighten the appearance of the constructed floor tiles. I'm using Phoebus' graphics, if that matters.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change the color of graphics?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:38:11 am »

You're going to have to use photoshop or talk to Phoebus directly.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 02:30:52 am »

Ah, so maybe if I lighten the grey color of the tile? Okay. I didn't know if the tint was controlled by the tileset or the game itself.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 02:32:26 am »

Actually, as long as the tile in question is part of the "font," and not an image for a creature, you should be able to alter the colors in the DF file since DF doesn't really know that that tile isn't just another ASCII image. 

Go into data -> init -> colors.txt and alter the RGB values, and see if that alters your tiles for you.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:33:22 am »

Actually, as long as the tile in question is part of the "font," and not an image for a creature, you should be able to alter the colors in the DF file since DF doesn't really know that that tile isn't just another ASCII image. 

Go into data -> init -> colors.txt and alter the RGB values, and see if that alters your tiles for you.

I gave that a try, and while it did alter the color, it didn't change the brightness. That's useful to know, all the same.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:26 pm »

You can either alter the color used for the floor tile, which changes depending on the material, or you can alter how the '+' character looks.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 09:44:39 pm »

Or you can use Phoebus' tileset config program, which has several options for floor tiles.  Not sure about what all's in there since I haven't used the latest version.

This question might be better asked in the Phoebus thread.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.