Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Raleigh Crane: Wandering Blind Telekinetic Female Swordsmage  (Read 13662 times)

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raleigh Crane: Wandering Blind Telekinetic Female Swordsmage
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:08:16 am »

((Formerly Wanderer))

The rain hasn’t let up in days. You’re soaking wet. Seeking shelter, you push open the door to a nearby bar and seat yourself at the counter. An aged, burly-looking man stands behind it, washing out a mug. His teeth are yellowing and his sun-bleached hair and beard emanate an aura of authority. Seems like every other bartender in this damned country.
Leaning over the varnished oak wood, his eyes seem to pierce through you. After a long silence, he speaks.
“So what’re ya havin’, stranger?”
It’s a line he’s rehearsed many times.
You order some drinks and make small talk with the man. Eventually, his curiosity gets the better of him, as it always does. Someone like you draws attention.
“’Haven’t heard yer name yet, kid. What do they call ya… and what do ya do?
You smile facetiously (he doesn’t seem to notice) and find your gaze wandering outside once again. You seem to have forgotten why you came to this town in the first place… what makes it different from the rest?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:52:24 am by Quarr »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:10:49 am »

You are a wandering swordsman.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 01:12:25 am »

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 01:14:23 am »

Your name is Crane, Icabod Crane and you are a wandering sword for hire. You came to this town because you decided to set up your own mercenary company.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:03 am »

You are a wandering female telekinetic with a thing for flying swords. You came here to compete in the decapathon.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:28 am »

You are a wandering female telekinetic with a thing for flying swords. You came here to compete in the decapathon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 01:21:28 am »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:04 am »

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 01:23:16 am »

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 01:25:21 am »

Quote from: Many people's posts, heavily modified.
You are a wandering blind female swordsmage with a thing for flying swords. Named Crane. You came here to participate in the Decapathon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:18 am »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 01:31:59 am »

You are a wandering blind female swordsmage with a thing for flying swords. Named Raleigh Crane. You came here to participate in the Decapathon for the massive reward money.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:57 am »

You turn your attention back toward the barkeep.
"I'm a wandering telekinetic," you say, brushing your hair away from your shoulders.
His eyes widen.
"Don't get many o' yer kind 'round 'ere," he says, raising a mug to his lips. "If yer really a kinetic, do somethin' crazy."
You draw your sword from your belt, levitating it in the air. It swings end over end, soaring throughout the bar before lodging itself into the poor man's pine walling. Not expecting such a flamboyant display, the barkeep drops his mug in surprise. As it plummets, you focus your mind and stop it inches away from the ground. You lift it back up and place it onto the counter.
"My god, yer the real thing! What brings ya here?"
"The decapathon," you reply curtly.
"Wh-what? Ne'er heard o' it."

With more than a twinge of sarcasm in your voice, you tell him how much of a surprise it is that he's not aware of what is simply the largest and most spectacular sport played in this fine country. You tell him that his ignorance is rather pathetic, really, and that as a bartender he's supposed to pay more attention to these sorts of things.

"Well, lass, yer a feisty one. Still 'aven't told me yer name, though."
"Raleigh Crane. I'm also blind."
"Oi, yer pullin' me leg! How'd you catch that mug if ye can't see!?"

You sigh. This conversation isn't really going anywhere.

Abilities: Telekinetic. Can lift small objects and also swords.
Inventory: Two swords hang from your belt. Your third is still lodged in the poor barkeep's wall.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 01:43:11 am »

You are a wandering blind female swordsmage with a thing for flying swords. Named Raleigh Crane. You came here to participate in the Decapathon for the massive reward money.
...we're actually going with this? Ok then!

We will need more swords. Go find a weapon shop.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9