Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Free Research Space Combat TBS! Accepting players for round 1 now!  (Read 4012 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Free Research Space Combat TBS! Accepting players for round 1 now!
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:51:56 am »

This is a very simple space combat game which sees you trying to take over the galaxy using technology. Which you have to research. The rules are fairly simple, and I will explain them in 10 minutes.

*Please wait 10 minutes before reading the following text*

You start in a galaxy alongside your opponents. You will be given a Starbase, 2000 Credits and a fine selection of starter techs. All turns are simultaneous, and must be PMed to me.

On your go, you can Build things by paying Credits, move any Ships you control, colonize a planet with one of your Colonization ships over it, and research a tech. Once I have all the actions in, I will provide a write up for the turn, as well as simulating any battles that happened.

To move any of your ships, just supply the name of the ship, and decide on the location. You can only move ships to locations that are connected to the current location of the ship. Easy, right? You can move all of your ships in one go, and clump them together into one megaforce...

To build Ships, you have to decide on parts for it. Every ship must have at least one Hull Point (HP), but aside from that, your wallet is the limit. Just specify a planet with a Starbase on it to build it on and it's yours! To build things like Starbases, you need Construcor Modules. They are parts for ships, which is fairly circular, but Consturctors can build a lot... when you put the research in for it.

Colonization is important. Why? Because every colonized planet will earn you at least 2000 credits per turn, depending on your techs, and you can only build on planets that are yours. You can colonize enemy planets as well once you've destroyed all the ships and bases in the area-it is assumed that the enemy are all wiped out on landing.

Tech Research in this game is rather freeform. You give me the name of a tech and, assuming it is researched properly, I will reveal to all players what that tech does-but intil someone else researches it, only you have the benefits of it. You can also research a tech that you have already researched to improve it.

Battles are done automatically. When one or more ships move into an area that contains enemy ships, or two sides attempt to use the same path, a battle begins. First, I pair up all ships to an enemy unit of similar stregnth. If one side has more units, I double up until I'm out of spare ships. Then, I go down the list of pairs, rolling for combat until all pairs only have one side left. Then I rinse and repeat until one side has no more ships to fight with.

The game ends when only one side remains on the map. He/She is declared the winner... and then we start a new game.

If anyone would like to play, just post a colour that isn't black.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Research Space Combat TBS! Accepting players for round 1 now!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 11:52:40 am »

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

[spoiler=Planet Statuses]If a planet isn't in here, it's because it's empty.

Delta Minor

1 Starbase
Mayflower 2 (1HP 1ColMod)
Mayflower 3 (1HP 1ColMod)
Hippogriff 1 (6HP, 3 Lsr)
Hippogriff 2 (6HP, 3 Lsr)

Freight

1 Starbase
Pegasus (1HP 1Lsr 1ColMod)

Omega

1 Starbase
Tank (30HP 5Lsr)
Noob (1HP)

Johto

1 Starbase
Ship 1 (5HP 1ColMod)
Ship 2 (5HP 1ColMod)

Cybran

1 Starbase
The Hammerer (5HP, 5 Lsr)

Lovers Hide
The Tank (5HP, 5 Lsr)

Gamma

Beta

Basic (6HP 2Lsr)
Flyer (3HP 2Lsr)

Davin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:55:42 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 11:57:33 am »

In.

Edit: Oh, and teal.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:05:31 pm by Vanigo »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:06 pm »

WOOHOO im in as
Orange!

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 12:03:46 pm »

In

If white is too white, I'll take Lime green!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 12:04:12 pm »

In! AS YELLOW!
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 12:16:38 pm »

Red.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 12:59:11 pm »

Ok, we'll have 5 for the first map. Please hold while I finish and upload it.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 01:07:27 pm »

Hull points = how much damage you can take?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 01:26:05 pm »

Hull points = how much damage you can take?
How much damage your HULL can take. You could, say, research shields or something.

Now, on with the show!

Take it all in. 640,000 pixels, 19 planets, 4 corners. Those corners are the easiest parts of the map to defend in theory. Whether that holds true we'll have to find out...

Spoiler: Planet Statuses (click to show/hide)

Please PM me your first turns.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:02:39 pm »

Research Basic Research 2

Build Mayflower 1 in Delta Minor (1 hull point, 1 colonization module) (1050 Credits)
Build Dvergar 1 in Delta Minor (2 hull points, 1 laser, 1 construction module) (700 Credits)

If possible:
Move Mayflower 1 to Ellipsoid
Colonize Ellipsoid

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 03:45:11 am »

Research Basic Research 2

Build Mayflower 1 in Delta Minor (1 hull point, 1 colonization module) (1050 Credits)
Build Dvergar 1 in Delta Minor (2 hull points, 1 laser, 1 construction module) (700 Credits)

If possible:
Move Mayflower 1 to Ellipsoid
Colonize Ellipsoid

Please PM me your first turns.

But I'll take it anyway and write up the turn in a bit.

EDIT: I still need Humaan's turn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:23:37 am by ExKirby »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:25 am »

Flagrarus decides to improve his researching. His scientists get to work and develop a new, more effective way of generating new technology. He now has a 60% of generating new technologies. He also builds a colonization ship-with only 2HP and a Colonization Module in its inventory, it's a sitting duck, but it should be able to take a planet. After the loss and gain of Credits, he sits pretty at 2900.

eclipsetail fails at his research this turn. However, that is not a big problem as he now has the largest military-two combat ships and a colonization on. The first, the Basic, is a 6-point structure with two lazers on the sides. The next one, the Flyer, has half the HP but an equal amount of Lazer. The Colonizer is only 2HP but has a Colonization Module. He ends up with 2050 Credits.

Jetsqurrel has a bit more luck in his creation of Shields. Equiping a ship with one layer of shielding will cost 500 Credits, but effectively doubles a ship's HP by taking that number and converting it into Shield Points. He also builds a Colonizer-one Hull Point, one Lazer and one Colonization Module, with his 2000 gain, puts him on 2850 Credits.

Humaan also fails to start some researching, but makes the weakest ship so far-1HP and a Colonization Module. Well, at least he has SOMETHING in his airspace. He has 2950 credits to boot, making him the wealthest player so far.

Vanigo gets Basic Research 2, and the bonuses he gets with it. He also builds 2 ships-the Mayflower and the Dvegar. The Mayflower... you know what, screw it, he said all of this in his post. However, he cannot move and colonize. He has 2250 credits.

Spoiler: Planet Statuses (click to show/hide)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 04:18:37 am »

Waiting on Flagrarus.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 04:23:35 am »

*watches intently*

Hopefully this will run faster than my BSF strategy. The fact I can't stream really damages mine as well.

At least you don't have the limitations of BSF and extremely specific rules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4