Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 368169 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #1875 on: February 26, 2017, 10:04:59 pm »

Birbs. The theme is birbs.

Also, hello. I don't plan on playing, I'm just poking my head in for shits and giggles.
What are birbs?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 27, 2017, 05:47:04 pm »

Puffball birds?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 27, 2017, 06:30:33 pm »

Also, hello. I don't plan on playing, I'm just poking my head in for shits and giggles.
What are birbs?
Oh.  This is what they are.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 27, 2017, 07:23:05 pm »

What are birbs?
Oh.  This is what they are.
Oh, I see. This is what you kids these days call a "me-me."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 28, 2017, 06:31:31 am »

It's the meme generation
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 28, 2017, 07:11:25 am »

It's the meme generation
Archeologists will dig up this thread centuries later and revel in the dankness of it all.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 01, 2017, 09:52:29 am »

Meme birb best birb. Consider, birbs.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 02, 2017, 01:03:37 am »

...I should probably start preparing for Operation Griffin, shouldn't I, given I don't actually have anything for it other than "the spiritual successor to Operation Overlord".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 10, 2017, 01:14:58 pm »

Is there anybody not in FBYOR 2 who would like to be?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 10, 2017, 01:49:33 pm »

Is there anybody not in FBYOR 2 who would like to be?
Gotta drop out?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 10, 2017, 02:31:13 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 10, 2017, 02:47:07 pm »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 10, 2017, 06:31:18 pm »

Sigtext

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 13, 2017, 07:42:27 am »

Since clearly I haven't done enough social signaling on this website I'll take this opportunity to engage in some academic snobbery.
"Cool." Webadict sends two barrels of shot into the Doppelganger War Vet's brain.
I'm glad I'm a sociopath in fake life, too.
Sociopath is a depreciated term, even though the DSM still carries the meaning it used to hold before even Hare's research, which is hilarious because Hare's research is the social truth of the meaning of the term in common parlance (as a general rule) and the more recent and certainly more authoritative academic position thereon. However, with the advances in Personality and Individual Differences research, and the development of three factor Dark Triad theory to complement the now established 'big five', "sociopath" has lost it's meaning as no longer is it considered a post-natally developed condition of synonymous mannerisms to the inherent trait of psychopathy which in new(ish and ongoing) research has been replaced with a spectrum variegated (that is, blended amongst the many wholes) in source and outcome, and indeed it has lost most meaning altogether. With more sophisticated (that is, more recent and more specific) research into the topic thereof (that is, psychopathy), the development of primary/secondary categories has resulted in a revival of the usage of a cosmetic synonym of sociopathy in the secondary (and learned, primarily) strain of psychopathy, yet such a definition falls short of Hare's developed (that is, in a visible non-psychopath) psychopathic behavior that was called sociopathy as the traits and behaviors expected of primary and secondary psychopaths are different indeed and in many ways quite opposite.

Since y'all seem to know each other, I'll ask in general rather than addressing her directly: what is (or was) Tiruin's field of study within psychology?
Alternatively, am I just completely wrong about her being a psychology student and I somehow misremembered her prior posts?

TheBiggerFish since you and the webadict have meta-told so thoroughly, I'll say "yes" just to see what happens (and because I have time to deal with most outcomes that may arise and FoU already has my role name).

E: Whereof one cannot write clearly in the first instance, and one seeks to be a snob amidst an academic context, thereof one should revise their work intensively.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:52:29 am by doll »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 13, 2017, 07:49:34 am »

@doll: Webadict was being webadicthumor there :P It's when he said fake life that he's being witty (and yep--sociopath isn't used that way or while it may be misused even seemingly commonly, web didn't mean it that intently)

Since y'all seem to know each other, I'll ask in general rather than addressing her directly: what is (or was) Tiruin's field of study within psychology?
Alternatively, am I just completely wrong about her being a psychology student and I somehow misremembered her prior posts?

TheBiggerFish since you've and the webadict have meta-told so thoroughly, I'll say "yes" just to see what happens (and because I have time to deal with most outcomes that may and he already has my role name).
Heeeeey. I don't think anyone got that deep to know stuff about me but I am deeply grateful of people asking X3
4 year starting course; still have to go to masterals, also from the Philippines, just graduating this May or so. \o/
And yes I'm a psychology student, but probably someone who studied a lot more than what was in the curriculum because of [reasons], which is fully affected by my forgetfulness. :I So yes you're remembering quite right.

Hee~ Academic snobbery.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 193