Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 367997 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #1950 on: April 16, 2017, 12:45:57 pm »

Yeah, honestly the inactivity is to the point where I almost feel like even I could partake in a game, even on this crappy device.

Give me more reading material, peasants!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 16, 2017, 12:54:41 pm »

Any BYOR's starting up soon?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 16, 2017, 01:32:18 pm »

Well, if I could steal a place at the front of the line, I would gladly run a BYOR.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 16, 2017, 01:52:54 pm »

Well, if I could steal a place at the front of the line, I would gladly run a BYOR.
Well, I took something along the lines of a what... year and a half? two year? break from mafia, because it just wasn't healthy for me. but I've got a lot of free time, am in a better place life-wise, and i think I got some perspective from the time spent away. so... I'm interested in playing something bastardy. I don't want fair or balanced. unbalanced against me so it's totally not my fault that I lose, or unbalanced in my favor so I can win even if I don't deserve it, would both be a great way to come back to the game :P
That, and I have some ideas for what I'd submit to a BYOR.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 16, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »

Well, I took something along the lines of a what... year and a half? two year? break from mafia, because it just wasn't healthy for me. but I've got a lot of free time, am in a better place life-wise, and i think I got some perspective from the time spent away. so... I'm interested in playing something bastardy. I don't want fair or balanced. unbalanced against me so it's totally not my fault that I lose, or unbalanced in my favor so I can win even if I don't deserve it, would both be a great way to come back to the game :P
Well, it doesn't get any more "balanced on the edge of a knife" than my BYOR's! Guaranteed to sometimes be rigged against you.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 16, 2017, 02:09:24 pm »

Well, it doesn't get any more "balanced on the edge of a knife" than my BYOR's! Guaranteed to sometimes be rigged against you.
There's always LNCP's Witches' Coven games: guaranteed to always be rigged against everyone.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 16, 2017, 04:43:53 pm »

There's always LNCP's Witches' Coven games: guaranteed to always be rigged against everyone.
LNCP games in general, really. The few I played were very enjoyable, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 17, 2017, 11:48:57 pm »

Huh.  Vector's been busy purging her/his/its post history lately. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 17, 2017, 11:53:06 pm »

He/They, Shakerag :v And yes, some of us noticed that but chose not to mention anything. Because it may be personal.

:V

YAY Lenglon!! :D

What's the general rule when a GM is too busy or such .-. or away for a time? Asking because of personal experiences (as in myself, as a GM, who may have missed to update things, etc)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 18, 2017, 12:01:04 am »

He/They, Shakerag :v And yes, some of us noticed that but chose not to mention anything. Because it may be personal.

:V
Personal?  On an internet forum?  Surely you jest.

What's the general rule when a GM is too busy or such .-. or away for a time? Asking because of personal experiences (as in myself, as a GM, who may have missed to update things, etc)
Well, looking at past experiences with webadict... generally the game just dies.  Or rarely someone steps in to try and take over. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 18, 2017, 01:07:38 pm »

Well, looking at past experiences with webadict... generally the game just dies.  Or rarely someone steps in to try and take over.
Haha, yeah. Good times...

Alternatively, don't be like me.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 18, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »

Still pissed about BYOR 14.  Even if I did give you an aneurysm. 

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 19, 2017, 04:21:05 am »

I'd love to play mafia, but I've got so much crap going on that I feel I couldn't dedicate a reliable portion of my time to playing (or modding, though there's no deficit in that atm :P).

Or, it... goes places...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 19, 2017, 05:08:55 am »

Still pissed about BYOR 14.  Even if I did give you an aneurysm.
This post just made me re-read that entire BYOR, including dead and scumchats. twice.
I forgot how proud of myself I was for that game, I actually made a solid interaction-based case! and I handled pressure the best I ever had, and had drawn no signifigant suspician yet!. I know, it's not much, when put in perspective, but it mattered to me. and it was a cool learning experience getting to both practice being scum and to practice my scumhunting skills at the same time.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 20, 2017, 10:05:27 am »

Have all games lately taken this long to fill? Didn't realize things had slowed down THAT much!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 193