Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 368185 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2835 on: September 05, 2022, 05:07:10 pm »

I jumped in during the COVID to brush up on socials skills. It was semi-successful. Working more and thus not as available. Still like running games.
I prefer more social deduction and less batshit crazy mechanics.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 05, 2022, 05:41:44 pm »

I'm still committed to finishing the archival project. That means taking Skynet's, Tolyk's, and my own archive links and presenting them in a more user-friendly format as well as focusing on the discord issue*

I just haven't been able to find the time to work on it. I plan on trying some new time-managements techniques this fall, so I hope to be able to have made some progress by Christmas.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 05, 2022, 08:36:50 pm »

I’m still around, technically, just in a period of mafia burnout rn. Mafia Universe games are very fast paced and require a tremendous amount of energy out of me to play, especially as wolf.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 05, 2022, 09:29:58 pm »

I'm old and it's terrible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 05, 2022, 10:18:00 pm »

I kicked Web's butt in the very first Beginner's Mafia.
I will never forgive dakarian for letting you get away with that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 05, 2022, 10:19:01 pm »

Also no idea why I joined Mafia. Just seemed like a fun forum game.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: September 05, 2022, 10:25:19 pm »

>.> I played mafia for the first time because I wanted to know what was keeping Tiruin so busy that she was having trouble keeping up with her characters in games in the RTD section, and saw that she was making big posts in another subforum. Clearly it had her interest and attention and so I decided to go find out what was so great about it. after taking quite some time reading through Notable Mafia Games and reading various mafia wiki entries, I figured I'd done enough background reading and so made my presence known by replacing into a BM game where there was almost nobody still posting and it was the final day - a chance to have minimal commitment but get my feet wet. and things just naturally flowed from there.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 06, 2022, 12:09:08 am »

Dakarian wasn't in that one, it was all on you wubz
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 06, 2022, 01:53:36 am »

I found my way down here through Mephansteras' signature, back in 2013-2014 I was discovering the internet and was spending a lot of my time in the Community Games section of the forums. I guess we must have been participating in the same Community Fortress or something because I followed the link in his signature down here.

I also, uh, accidentally tried to sign up for an in-progress game (Worse Things Happen at Sea) before realizing how dumb I was and substituting into a beginner mafia game.

Where I was promptly eliminated as the cop. Oops.

And then I joined a bastard game.

Which ended on a mechanical fluke with everyone winning. Yay!?!?

But at least my third game wasn't terrible, I fooled NQT which was pretty funny.

Also god the way I chose to write back then...

Also reminiscing on this stuff made me miss mastahcheese :( :(

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 06, 2022, 02:11:04 am »

I think I joined the Mafia subforum when I was... 14? 15? I had been playing RtD games and other things, and it seemed fun to do social deduction games. Reading through the really old (think Org and Bookthras era) games was cool, and I had been playing Mafia in summer camp, so it all aligned, really... It's like 10 years later, I've mostly been just lurking here because life is difficult, but I still check in time to time. Nostalgia factor hits hard...

Ha
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: September 06, 2022, 02:30:19 am »

I think I joined the Mafia subforum when I was... 14? 15? I had been playing RtD games and other things, and it seemed fun to do social deduction games. Reading through the really old (think Org and Bookthras era) games was cool, and I had been playing Mafia in summer camp, so it all aligned, really... It's like 10 years later, I've mostly been just lurking here because life is difficult, but I still check in time to time. Nostalgia factor hits hard...

Ha

I just remembered I'm older than Jim Oldster.
Sigh.
Other than being closer to death and body deterioration w/more to follow, I don't really mind my age, mostly.
I mean, I feel that my younger years sucked a lot more, so...I'm fairly good with my current oldness.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: September 06, 2022, 08:08:57 am »

Dakarian wasn't in that one, it was all on you wubz
We can't all be right, but you know me... I have proof! ;)

Player List:
  • Jim Groovester
  • dakarian
  • Org
  • ToonyMan
  • eduren
  • BloodBeard
  • Vector
  • Free Beer
  • webadict
Vector.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 06, 2022, 08:27:24 am »

Jump to present and I'm over two years into my full-time career job and have a bachelor and master's degree. I wasn't playing mafia for most of the master degree as I had stopped playing mafia the semester before I completed undergrad, but this game is timeless and I don't think I'll ever want to stop playing for real.
I started playing in the wilderness years after finishing my masters degree. After a 10 year gap, I'm now doing a PhD.

I've dipped before for over a year and I will probably dip again. It's always nice to come back to. I wouldn't mind playing another championship game sometime, but really I quite enjoy the slower pace and unique mechanics at Bay12. I've always enjoyed the dynamic puzzle aspect of the game, and the format is essentially timeless.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 06, 2022, 09:45:39 am »

I discovered a long time ago that I enjoy running games more than playing, but it is a lot of fun to see people play and figure things out. And I like coming up with new mechanics and whatnot to try out.

I have periods where I do more or less game running, but being moderator on this subforum means I never actually disappear.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: September 07, 2022, 07:07:09 pm »

Well my join date is a few days away from 11 years, but I was lurking for longer, primarily for DF itself. 

I'm approaching 17 years in my career. 

My first game I tried to rally on Jim and was humbled for the experience. 

Since then, I've been in almost every BYOR and now "shakeragian" roles are a thing.  I guess I have a legacy.

I suppose I'm going where Meph is and that I like running games more than playing.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 193