Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 768169 times)

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1005 on: February 02, 2015, 01:31:42 am »

Interestingly, my first game in the new build resulted in a turn 2 declaration of war by the Inquisition and the Imperium. Turn 1 involved micromanaging my TO&E, building new ships, buying some equipment from the Mechanicum, and sending two small frigates off with single squad exploratory teams in them. The rest of my chapter was sitting on the recruiting world. Loyalty is at 100. Any ideas?
Did the inquisitorial word parser get you? Did you make a filthy heretical chapter?
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Necroman21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 02, 2015, 01:35:56 am »

Gene-Seed Farming and then just order one. The biggest ship that is.

Also, It would be cool if you could put weapons on a self made land raider. Finally got one and its just a empty hull );
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:38:37 am by Necroman21 »

tkfsung

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 02, 2015, 04:26:53 am »

Oh right. My chapter is the Knights Inductor... which the Inquisition doesn't like in /tg/ canon. Rofl. Also a system called Canuckistan is in my current game...

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 02, 2015, 06:41:37 am »

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 02, 2015, 10:06:01 am »

so apparently i all my geneseed.....uhhh.... fell down the toilet... and i am at 0 now.
is there a way to get some "new" seed back somehow? or does that one "mutation in the genes" event where i threw it all away totally ruin you if you throw it away? as i cant recruit new people because of that.
i kinda thought i would just loose some bits of the gene pool and not everything. like "hey we have 20 points of genes and we found mutations in number 17 to 20... throw these 3 away or keep them?" and not.. throw everything away.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 02, 2015, 10:16:29 am »

Also, It would be cool if you could put weapons on a self made land raider. Finally got one and its just a empty hull );

Buy the weapons through the Armory.  Then equip the land raider like you would a marine.

Necroman21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 02, 2015, 10:59:49 am »

I tried. It didnt work. Plus cant buy twin linked weapons.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 02, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

is there a way to get some "new" seed back somehow? or does that one "mutation in the genes" event where i threw it all away totally ruin you if you throw it away?

Every marine has two specialty organs that contain the geneseed.  They can be harvested when the marine dies in battle, as long as you have an apothecary along.

Unless you have that mutation where those organs don't work right.  In that case, you're boned.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 02, 2015, 01:49:37 pm »

Unless you have that mutation where those organs don't work right.  In that case, you're boned.
You mean appropriately named "Doomed"? :P

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 02, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »

Is there any way to blow up an awakened Necron Tomb? I can handle their ground forces if I send enough troops, but that's too much to be sneaky enough.
You can raid an Awakened Tomb without Inquisition approval, and if you raid it hard enough with a Plasma Bomb present, you can put the tomb to sleep again.

Raided them twice, on the second try the game told me I don't have a bomb equipped even though I did, and I'm sure the marine with it survived. Do I have to give it to someone specific or what?

At least I found out Dreadnoughts can go Death Company, and it makes the show up on the list with over 100% HP.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 02, 2015, 02:47:03 pm »

Do you have plans to make resource distribution more interesting, and possibly delegated? Perhaps events? Tech trees?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 02, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »

There is a tech ladder thing with the STC fragments, I think this is pretty good.

It's not like there is a whole lot of research within the Ad.Astartes, or even in the Ad.Mech for that mater.  The tech available is millenia old, and if you want better stuff the best way to get it is to randomly dig up older stuff.

In this case, game mechanics fit the fluff pretty well.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 02, 2015, 08:12:21 pm »

Played this game for the first time today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like it already.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 02, 2015, 08:17:17 pm »

Yeah, not really a fan of a tech tree and gameplay pivoting around that. While it might be nice to get better ships and access to some cooler leader gear, I find the idea of upgrading to Bolter +1 and having build enough to outfit the chapter not all that fun.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 02, 2015, 09:08:02 pm »

Isn't one of the whole concepts/things about 40k is how the Imperium's tech has stagnated and they're using on centuries old designs everywhere? It'd be a bit weird to me if you could upgrade your equipment without dabbling in xeno tech or equally unsavoury things that'll earn you the hatred of the Inquisition.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 288