Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 768183 times)

Parachute

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2595 on: November 09, 2015, 05:12:13 am »

Thanks for the help!

One small problem: the only source code I can find is for the 0.6555 version (http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b4am6fzher8sh9/CM+Backup+August+2015.zip) whereas the version I have installed is 0.7010.

Is there source code for a more recent version, or will I have to make do with an older version if I want icons to display properly?

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 09, 2015, 11:19:26 am »

0.6555 is the current version, duke bumped it to .7010 and did some very minor bug fixes (reversed by the bugs produced) when he made it a mod of interstellar army simulator.

Essentially, youve only to gain by going backwards. Im working on new sprites, and a way to make them implimemted as a mod so they arent standard but are optional if people want the old sprites, plus journier is working on the majority of the coding.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

Parachute

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: November 09, 2015, 12:17:30 pm »

OK, understood, but what do you mean by "copy and paste the images and icons that remain into that installation folder." Which images and icons are you talking about?

EDIT: I've got it running now, and I think I've copied the correct icons and images over into the folders within the new installation. Icons are appearing properly, but now there's an odd blue circle in the top left of the screen:

http://i.imgur.com/IFTfWmq.png

Is this the error you were talking about regarding the loading images (which I haven't touched yet since I wasn't sure exactly what to delete), or is this something else?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:28:09 pm by Parachute »

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 09, 2015, 01:15:36 pm »

Thats something else which i forgot to mention, it sits there and annoys me and i havent worked out why its there or home to rdmove it.

The images and icons are the ones you copied accross to the simulator from the mod download, just copy them in the same way. You need to delete the loading images but deleting the whole "loading" file is also fine. Everything else runs fine though yeah?

Does anyone else know how to remove our blue spot?
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 09, 2015, 02:57:25 pm »

Figured it out! Blue spot gone, just one more thing to do before I can give you guys some "better", as some would say, sprites.

Entirely optional and removable I hope... :D

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 09, 2015, 03:45:29 pm »

The Loading File to delete is the one in the game dir or the one inside GameMaker? How did you manage to get rid of that damn blue spot?

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 09, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »

Not in game maker, the images you can edit in the installation files. So for standard installation on my pc c:/users/Guardsman111/Chaptermaster/images/loading

The blue spot is a bit wierd and i cant quite remember how to do it, ill write up how to do it in the morrow. On my phone atm.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 09, 2015, 06:14:22 pm »

Hey, this exact same thing happened to me, theres a problem with the data file installed which cannot be rectified by the end user.

To rectify, download the source code for chapter master (mod), the gamemaker studio (free), and delete the loading file in images (the loading screens cause a small, but very annoying error to pop up when loading and saving).

Open chapter master source code in gamemaker studio and, without making any changes, make an application to windows (set dropdown menu in the centre bar at the top of the option bars to windows and then go to file, create application)

Place this wherever you want, and install. Standard install directory is straight into the user folder in your name. Then copy and paste the images and icons that remain into that installation folder. Run, and voila, should work (just without loading screens)

Little long winded, but worth it in my book. Hope it goes fine :)
How about instead of this ridiculously long and complex method that instantly leaves people who have no idea what you're on about in the mud, we wait for whoever is developing this to make an update that fixes it?

Parachute

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 10, 2015, 03:23:40 am »

How about instead of this ridiculously long and complex method that instantly leaves people who have no idea what you're on about in the mud, we wait for whoever is developing this to make an update that fixes it?

It's not long and complex at all. He just didn't explain it brilliantly. It takes about all of ten minutes and a few button clicks. If you think that's 'ridiculously long and complex' then woe betide the people who are handling this project: at some point they actually have to manipulate real lines of code! (shocking I know)

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 10, 2015, 06:08:49 am »

This is just a fix for people who want to get it to work NOW not later. Its really not difficult, GMS is very easy to use and I've never done anything like this before, but i figured it out. If your happy to play without those sprites go ahead, but don't chew a guy out for helping someone who asked for help.

At work atm but later tonight will finalize the fix for the blue spot and the shaded sprites. If no one objects, i will upload an updated data file which fixes the no sprites and red box issues for IAS and the blue spot for GMS versions respectively?

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 10, 2015, 07:17:30 am »

Aye!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 10, 2015, 11:06:00 am »

Made liberating angels space combat themed chapter. Starting sector was full of orks, tau and heretics. In seemingly vain attempts to slow down ork waagh the dark age of technology  battleship was discovered. By emperors blessing the new ship appeared on that planet each month, soon the chapter had several liberation fleets with 7 slaughtersongs in each. This made  lifes of heretics and xenos short and miserable.
After liberating STC from mechanicus vaults , the red robed guys got insane for some strange heretical reason, which I cant understand, and they refused to provide the chapter new weapons. So the liberty angels had to perform liberation campaign on the forgeworlds. If the final destination of your path is sainthood, you can afford yourself some minor war crimes anyway.
After nuking forge worlds, the exact copies of marines began to appear, increasing chapter numbers. One more emperors blessing!

After inquisition not understanding doctrine of achieving great sainthood through  crimes  like using demonic weapons, breaking codex size by accumulating five thousands of marines ,vanishment of inquisitors trying to inspect the vault full of demonic artifacts or exterminatusing shrine world for not praying enough and to make ecclesiarchy notice epic sainthood of the chapter, the imperial navy , sisters of battle and inquisition for some strange heretical reasons became as heretical as mechanicus, so they were soon gifted liberation.
Corrupt and vile eldar farseer tried to warn the chapter master, that there may be  some heresy in saint deeds of his chapter. Of course such false accusations could not end up without liberation.  Then the final liberation of eldar craftworld with exterminatus device ended up with save corrupting crash. May the bell of the lost souls ring 5349 times.
The infinite slaughtersongs and replicating marines bugs were prety funny.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 10, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »

This is just a fix for people who want to get it to work NOW not later. Its really not difficult, GMS is very easy to use and I've never done anything like this before, but i figured it out. If your happy to play without those sprites go ahead, but don't chew a guy out for helping someone who asked for help.

At work atm but later tonight will finalize the fix for the blue spot and the shaded sprites. If no one objects, i will upload an updated data file which fixes the no sprites and red box issues for IAS and the blue spot for GMS versions respectively?
You misunderstand. Its not personal so much as "people who haven't so much as touched these sorts of things are screwed so whats your plan for them?"

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 10, 2015, 01:51:04 pm »

As you have just quoted, i can release an updated data file to fix it, but im working on making sure its stable, so anyone who want to do the immediate fix can do so.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 10, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »

Okay, so I got the files together.

The new data.win works with both the GMS and the IAS Versions of the game.

Please Backup first. Especially your diplomacy images, as I'm pretty sure the next game update will have the reverse effect this fix does.

Download your chosen data.win file and the diplomacyreplace.zip. This data file update jumbled the diplomacy adviser screens for some reason I don't understand and until I figure it, this is an easy fix. Shaded Sprites is a data.win that contains the new shaded sprites I have created. The Not Shaded Sprites doesn't. Both include 4 new weapon sprites.

Copy and paste the data.win into your main chapter master directory, and paste the png's in diplomacyreplace into the diplomacy image file. full instructions can be downloaded with the data.win files.

Shaded Sprites:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2k96i5gejbwabcu/data.win

Not Shaded Sprites:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/di5c5l6xj5ay1zl/data.win

Instructions:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2c91yl88zdsvcwk/Instructions.txt

Diplomacy Replace:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6fwubq3evbrxiq2/diplomacyreplace.zip

I know I said I would make the shaded sprites a full mod, but I haven't quite figured it and I'd rather get it out there for you guys to use than sit here scratching my head.

Edit: Enjoy everyone! If you have any trouble relating to the updated file, please let me know, and if the game is updated revert the diplomacy images to how they were.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 288