Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 768199 times)

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2985 on: March 01, 2016, 09:37:24 am »

..Or you could just use the link on the EC forum which i used, and costed nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind. Misread.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:40:48 am by SkeletusAurelius »

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: March 04, 2016, 12:56:59 am »

hey guys, bit of a status update - nothing to report, unfortunately. My art/helper guy dropped out of the project due to legality concerns (which is fair enough IMO) since last post so it's kinda stalled a little. We spent a while considering the best way to go about it and release the game - as a generic standalone with a mysterious mod, as a specific game, etc. Eventually the conversation came round to legality and it just sort of fell apart.

So the marine editor is my current latest version still, and will probably continue to be for a short while until I find someone(s) else to work with on the project and/or my other workload decreases. Currently struggling to find time to work on it between my other gamedev commitments and other programming contracts.

I still intend to work on this and have some pretty nifty ideas for getting it going, it's just slow going and I figured you guys deserved an update. I tried hanging out in the IRC for a while to hopefully chat to some players and get motivated that way, but the channels were basically dead. If anyone's interested in being a sounding board/tester/helper feel free to PM me. I am a bit of a 40k casual so it'd help to have someone to chat to about the game that knows more lore than I do.

-Flow/Streamline

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: March 04, 2016, 01:15:03 am »

I am a bit of a 40k casual so it'd help to have someone to chat to about the game that knows more lore than I do.

That is likely the best way for you to avoid legality issues.  Just make the best intergalactic space infantry game.  Most "cool" ideas could be modified to fit the 40k universe.

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: March 04, 2016, 01:29:31 am »

I am a bit of a 40k casual so it'd help to have someone to chat to about the game that knows more lore than I do.

That is likely the best way for you to avoid legality issues.  Just make the best intergalactic space infantry game.  Most "cool" ideas could be modified to fit the 40k universe.

That was our original intent actually. The marine editor I released is highly modular and was originally named "Superhuman Space Soldiers" as a tongue-in-cheek generic title with the intention of having it be a purely mod-dependent base game that people could plug their favourite sci-fi or whatever into. With a rekin and a good modder it could easily be pirate islands in the ocean with sea ships rather than stars in a galaxy, etc. But ultimately that involves a hell of a lot more work than just releasing a Chapter Master game. Provided it's distributed for free we didn't really anticipate very many legal issues, but that doesi nvolve putting in a lot of time and work for free which was unappealing at the time.

Regardless, I'm personally not as concerned about legal issues, the minute I receive a C&D or similar I'll just stop, that's kind of fine. The main issue at this point is lack of time/drive, which can certainly be overcome in time, but is exacerbated by the fact i'm now working alone on the project.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: March 04, 2016, 12:32:43 pm »

Yeah, true. Well, I'm rooting for you, if it's any motivation.
And J-Thy, 'course.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: March 07, 2016, 06:03:11 am »

Marine editor download link doesn't work anymore. I already have it, but others are looking for it in vain. Just a heads up.

kayosetsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: March 10, 2016, 04:24:13 am »

Journier still alive?

Gorim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: March 10, 2016, 12:05:09 pm »

We all hope so :/  Btw, has anybody here preordered Battlefleet Gothic: Armada? The Beta starts in a few hours :)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: March 10, 2016, 12:14:49 pm »

It's too dank for me to dive into right now. It's the kind of game I need to clear my gaming schedule to get into.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: March 10, 2016, 03:23:19 pm »

I can't. My country current economic policies guarantee I can't effectively acquire anything in dirty capitalistic imperial dollars.... fucking communists idiots, I loath them with all my fibbers, and my hate for this government burns white hot, with the sheer intensity of a billion Astronomicans.

So no, despite being a grown up with a decent job, I would not be in the beta testing. Perhaps one day I might be able to buy after all this crap ends.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Azazass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: March 11, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »

I can't. My country current economic policies guarantee I can't effectively acquire anything in dirty capitalistic imperial dollars.... fucking communists idiots, I loath them with all my fibbers, and my hate for this government burns white hot, with the sheer intensity of a billion Astronomicans.

So no, despite being a grown up with a decent job, I would not be in the beta testing. Perhaps one day I might be able to buy after all this crap ends.

I sense you're a fellow countrymen who is a WH40K fan, a rare find on the internet.

Tell me does the phrases, "There is no such thing as plata, only degrees of patria" and "Patria is Chavez's greatest gift to humanity", have any meaning to you?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: March 12, 2016, 07:05:24 am »

I sense you're a fellow countrymen who is a WH40K fan, a rare find on the internet.

Tell me does the phrases, "There is no such thing as plata, only degrees of patria" and "Patria is Chavez's greatest gift to humanity", have any meaning to you?
The only meaning those phrases have in my house hold are either a punchline for a joke or the speaker pleading for an actual punch in the face.

You are the second countrymen I find over the inernet that is fan of warhammer.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: March 13, 2016, 03:26:53 am »

im still around guys.

Im waiting on the programmer to give news.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:45 am »

Marine editor re-upload here: http://www.filedropper.com/chaptermaster

Should get some time to put into it this week, but we'll see.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: March 13, 2016, 12:07:32 pm »

So Thy is Mia?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 288