Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 768199 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3150 on: April 29, 2016, 10:23:00 am »

1/3 sites had the "Death Death Death" bit. Figured majority rules.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:17 am »

2nd Ed. Angels of Death Codex has it, and that's my bible.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 29, 2016, 10:39:48 am »

Maybe they dropped it somewhere between Vladamir Pugh, Azariah Kyras and Corvin Severax all dying.

Also I missed the Grey Knights.
Might be worth adding along with Deathwatch depending on how ambitious the mod gets.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:42:17 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 29, 2016, 10:57:42 am »

Deathwatch isn't actual Chapter though. The management overhead of the Deathwatch would be so different because it's run by the Inquisition I think it's out of scope.

Grey Knights are sort of halfway in-between a legit chapter and an arm of the Inquisition.

And BAs probably lost the "DEATH DEATH DEATH" bit when they tried to shift BAs to a more noble chapter instead of berzerk vampires. Probably right around the time they replaced the awesome, old logo sporting bat wings the horrifically over-designed new one sporting angel wings.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 29, 2016, 11:35:54 am »

And turned the Space Vikings into yiffmachines, yes. Bad things all.

Also, not saying Deathwatch is an actual chapter, but I am saying you could find a way to play it.
Heck, if you modded the current Chaptermaster you could add a recruitment-type called 'Deathwatch recruitment' which would guarantee at least 90xp on each new Space Marine.
Then, you put a bunch of kill-teams in hunters and you've just done it.

As was said, he's painting very broad strokes on the army management- so I feel it'd be pretty easy to make a deathwatch module.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 29, 2016, 11:46:02 am »

Well, to me CM is about the fluff, so, my input on a generic army simulator is non-existent because it's not CM.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 29, 2016, 12:56:18 pm »

Flow, when you start to add features will you look back at the ones CM had and planned to add and make them a bit more generic for the purpose of the main game? I was thinking how we never got to interact with different chapters or even the Primarchs being relevant for your chapter.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 30, 2016, 04:24:12 am »

Should we add lore for random Chapters that have names and distinct colors, but have nothing else?
Lots of Chapters like the Absolvers or Accipiters could be rather interesting to build upon.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 30, 2016, 10:36:25 am »

Put in the canon bits and let the player fill in the rest or have it generated, like for a random chapter?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:04:26 am by Hetairos »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 30, 2016, 10:52:20 am »

Preferably not. That kind of thing is left blank so each player can fill it in on their own.
If I was a long-time Absolvers player and I found an unofficial game had decided to insert crap, I'd be pissed. Especially if the lies got onto Wikipedia from there.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 30, 2016, 02:44:21 pm »

Preferably not. That kind of thing is left blank so each player can fill it in on their own.
If I was a long-time Absolvers player and I found an unofficial game had decided to insert crap, I'd be pissed. Especially if the lies got onto Wikipedia from there.

I agree, I think the player should have the means to edit every bit of a custom chapter if he wants to.

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 30, 2016, 03:46:45 pm »

These have been a great help, thanks guys. In order to showcase the system and test it works initially, there will be 11 premade regiments to use and the option for custom.

These are: BT, BA, DA, GK, IF, IH, RG, S, SW, UM & WS as taken from the list previously generated.

It's a bit of a tight deadline, but I'm about halfway through regiment creation screens and hope to have them up by this Sunday. For now the content will be fairly slim as far as traits, preferences and scripts go, but that will obviously expand as the project goes on. For now I will likely just include a single trait, a single script and a single preference to test things out with and showcase the system.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 30, 2016, 04:54:17 pm »

Just because I got bored, I decided to make these. Hopefully, if Flow gives the go ahead, you'll be looking at many more of these in the game!

Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 30, 2016, 06:46:54 pm »

Christ, that looks fantastic.
Will there be unhaded options for these as well?

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 30, 2016, 07:07:37 pm »

Those look great. Could you chuck me an email with the base files and what theyre intended to replace for current files?
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 288