Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16343 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2016, 03:32:57 am »

Drive back to base If the others want to stop. Take a nap
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2016, 10:43:08 pm »

Thrips looked around as he neared the wagon. There was still so much to see of this strange city, and who knows when he'd get more spare time?
"Um, we're not in any hurry, are we? I w... wouldn't mind seeing more of the, uh, city. That we're in."

Meekly suggest some sightseeing before we leave. If we aren't leaving right away, go exploring.

If the others are adamant about heading back to base, just take a nap in the wagon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2016, 04:55:41 pm »

oh and try to get some fresh tree sap if possible.
I believe I still have an empty jar in my inventory to store it in.

Fresh, huh? Hmm. Alright, a local apothecary manages to provide you with a bottle of sap, in exchange for your empty.

Watch the scenery as we ride back to base. If Pylon shows any interest in further upgrades, attempt to help him.
Drive back to base If the others want to stop. Take a nap
Thrips looked around as he neared the wagon. There was still so much to see of this strange city, and who knows when he'd get more spare time?
"Um, we're not in any hurry, are we? I w... wouldn't mind seeing more of the, uh, city. That we're in."

Meekly suggest some sightseeing before we leave. If we aren't leaving right away, go exploring.

If the others are adamant about heading back to base, just take a nap in the wagon.

Looks like there is a bit of indifference here, so Homeward you go. Perhaps we'll have another mission in this place later, and you can see more of the sights then.
For now, my creative juices need a bit of recharge.

If I remember correctly, this wasn't a level up mission. It was mostly to keep some players occupied and be silly while we waited for the other missions to wrap. anyone take issue with that?

Homeward bound
Either way: You all rest in the carts for the night, since the cliffs are challenging enough in the light. Not that night is particularly dark, what with the massive sun making dusk last for ages, leaving a brief time in which the stars come out before the false dawn lights up the sky again, for what seems like hours before the sun itself burns orange into the sky. You stretch, eat a modest breakfast, and ride the cart up to the checkpoint. The guards there inspect your cargo, charge a modest fee for the unexpected items - standard customs, it's in the paperwork - and send you on your way with well wishes and prayers for health. You climb the cliff, getting a tad dizzy as hte city fades below and you have naught but air on one side, and rock on the other to keep you company. At last, you come up onto the barren, dry plateau. Again, Cho Ja gets that weird sense of rightness, mixed with something off. An uncanny valley sort of feeling, as if it were a familiar place, but with some aspect of it changed in an unsettling way. You follow the dusty path back toward where you first appeared in this land, slowing the rhinos as you begin to wind between some boulders, into a small ravine. The sky darkens, and the walls begin to sweat. And at last, you find yourself, axle deep in flowing water, rain pounding on the wagon covers, and Rhinos shifting nervously, or is that playfully? as the storm pours in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2016, 10:31:49 pm »

((For the record, I would have asked for a level if we had gotten ourselves in some more danger, but really all we did on this mission was embarrass ourselves and get more loot, so no level is fine.))

PYLON idly hums a cheerful and relaxing tune.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2016, 12:05:44 am »

((i have no issue, finally got my IC excuse to delve into real magic so thats enough for me.))

Idly inspect my new spell engravings, see how long it takes for Ironskin to spread to my fingertips.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2016, 12:34:55 am »

((For the record, I would have asked for a level if we had gotten ourselves in some more danger, but really all we did on this mission was embarrass ourselves and get more loot, so no level is fine.))

(I agree with this we didn't really have any risk aside from embarrassment)

Hum along with the tunes as we head home
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2016, 12:22:21 pm »

Watch the scenery as we head back to base.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:46 pm »

This is oddly fitting, considering the very wet and stormy circumstances.

((i have no issue, finally got my IC excuse to delve into real magic so thats enough for me.))

Idly inspect my new spell engravings, see how long it takes for Ironskin to spread to my fingertips.
They are mostly dark, with some pigment in a couple places, especially in the rot spell. Ironskin takes about thirty seconds to reach your finger tips. You feel a weird sort of resistance to it when it passes through the other spells, but the skin there seems as affected as everywhere else that you can see or touch.

(I agree with this we didn't really have any risk aside from embarrassment)

Hum along with the tunes as we head home
I mean, you all got back to the Canyon. It is very wet, and the rhinos are twitchy. No one is here to greet you either.

Watch the scenery as we head back to base.
Well, those rock walls over there sure are wet.  that waterfall sure is splashy. Those clouds up there sure are dark and grey. never seen Omega dark and grey before.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2016, 01:46:04 am »

Now, with those orbs floating around me, do you think I could do something like this? And could I get any benefit from overcharging the orbs, causing them to shatter, but output more power for one final burst?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2016, 08:19:47 am »

Now, with those orbs floating around me, do you think I could do something like this? And could I get any benefit from overcharging the orbs, causing them to shatter, but output more power for one final burst?
probably, yes. Tinkering with them, you discover that they can act as a sort of energy sink, or a reflector when spun up, or they can be tapped into your offensive weapon like you described. However, they go inert after being fired and require a time to recharge. they require more time to recharge when used offensively than when they act as passive shields. And exploding them, well, you don't test that out juuuust yet. But, note that you are generally going to be the closest one to them when they do break.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2016, 08:42:09 am »

Head on to base.
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2016, 09:30:06 am »

Head on to base.
Yep, off you go, wading through the muck.

You all can go ahead over to the main thread, or just chill. We'll assume you waded into the flooded Omega Base and did what you needed to do, including finding a pplace to store the cart and unload without getting everything thoroughly soaked.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2016, 10:36:04 am »

Retroactively fart during the trip back. Blame it on PYLON.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

Retroactively fart during the trip back. Blame it on PYLON.    
-fart- "You stink PYLON."

"MINDLESS ORGANIC. YOUR ACCUSATIONS ARE BASELESS AND IGNORANT."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]