Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ungodly powerful War Animals  (Read 1706 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ungodly powerful War Animals
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:05 am »

No, by his maths SPEED:1 would result in a speed of 101. This is still ludicrously fast.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 04:19:56 pm »

Accually, speed is EXTREMELY powerful when vamped up to speed:1 or even speed:0.
speed:1 gives you (I'm assuming) 700 attacks per ONE of the other entities attacks, because the default its 700 right?
That gives you 7 HUNDRED chances to get a lucky hit. Versus ONE attack from the enemy.
Fat chance. Actual speed is 100+[SPEED] and [SPEED] never go under 0. That's why default [SPEED] is 900, so actual default speed is 1000.

I don't think so. SPEED:1 is way faster than [SPEED:900], but by your math speed:1 would only give you 901, which is less than 1000. In the early years of my forts, I like to cheat up the speed of my dwarves to get things started. (I'm impatient)

Also, I'm fairly sure you can set speed to zero, and things basically go lightspeed, though I've never done it.
this is true, they streak to their destinations, or just teleport depends on how good your computer is.
on the subject of over powered domestic animals try this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
put in creature_domestic or creature_standard
have yet to see one die, ever... extensive testing in arena mode
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 01:31:47 am »

If we're talking about self-modded pets, might just try this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remove megabeast, frequency and sphere-tags, add [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and your dwarves are going to have this nice,flying pet that passes time strangulating goblins while breathing fire to their faces.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Electric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 06:33:06 pm »

Ok just a random question. Why the hell do you put those quotes in such small boxes? It's hard to navigate them!

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »

Ok just a random question. Why the hell do you put those quotes in such small boxes? It's hard to navigate them!
Common convention with code is to use a fix width font.
Pages: 1 [2]