Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6586 6587 [6588] 6589 6590 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14855849 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98805 on: February 06, 2013, 12:11:39 pm »

More boooooks~

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98806 on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:01 pm »

I have a date for Valentine's! Well, not on Valentine's Day per se, but that Saturday.

*does happy dance*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #98807 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »

Today has been a day filled with the joy of song. I rediscovered the genius of Hot Problems and was introduced to the melancholy brilliance of Why Must I Cry.

Er, except that I was so blinded by the genius of Hot Problems that I couldn't get past about thirty seconds and had to listen to Wesley Willis.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:25:44 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98808 on: February 06, 2013, 01:30:24 pm »

I got to play with a couple dogs this morning. The only downside is that one kept on biting me because Border Collies are herding dogs that belong on farms and not in an assisted living facility. I had fun though despite getting bit six times on my legs, hand and stomach.
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98809 on: February 06, 2013, 01:39:30 pm »

I got to play with a couple dogs this morning. The only downside is that one kept on biting me because Border Collies are herding dogs that belong on farms and not in an assisted living facility. I had fun though despite getting bit six times on my legs, hand and stomach.
Obviously, you needed to get back in that pen with the others. Bad sheep.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98810 on: February 06, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »

Got my SBaHJ book today.
I now have a paperclop that I shall bring everywhere.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98811 on: February 06, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »

I'm assuming it didn't actually hurt you? I've never had border collies that really bit, not like other dogs do. Mostly kind of a... play bite, I guess. A use of the mouth and teeth as a communication tool, without intent to injure. :P And it says "Go that way sheep! THAT WAY!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98812 on: February 06, 2013, 02:45:52 pm »

I'm assuming it didn't actually hurt you? I've never had border collies that really bit, not like other dogs do. Mostly kind of a... play bite, I guess. A use of the mouth and teeth as a communication tool, without intent to injure. :P And it says "Go that way sheep! THAT WAY!"

This. There's a world of difference between dogs mouth-talking/being affectionate and dogs trying to hurt you, or accidentally hurting you while trying to bite something else.

I've got a test in 45 minutes, time to start studying. Maybe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98813 on: February 06, 2013, 02:59:56 pm »

XCOM enemy unknown forces me to be far more careful and methodical than I usually am. Having good soldiers eaten alive in wholly preventable ambushes is rageful. Right now I'm assaulting the alien base being extra careful, as losing any of my current crew would be a painful (not irreparable, if it was just one or two; but painful) blow to my strategy.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #98814 on: February 06, 2013, 03:31:51 pm »

Winter Carny! Winter Carny! All night ice sculpture! Winter Carnival is here!

Oh, and everybody is going to be shitfaced. Let's just say that there are parts of campus that are open to students all the time, except during the Winter Carnival all-nighter. I have not yet experienced it, but from what I've heard, keeping your room locked and door closed is nigh-mandatory.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98815 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:53 pm »

It seems I have largely abandoned playing videogames in favor of actually making one.

Damn this feels good.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #98816 on: February 06, 2013, 04:07:30 pm »

About to go shopping for food! :D

This probably involves some Turkey Steaks, a few cheap chocolate milkshakes, bread, and cheese.

YUM

Edit : no cheap milkshakes, so some lucozade instead. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:40:27 pm by Korbac »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98817 on: February 06, 2013, 08:32:52 pm »

In the interests of eating healthy, I had a kale and mustard greens salad for dinner, with tomato sauce and black olives.

Garnished with half a bag of pizza rolls and 3 ounces of melted cheese.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98819 on: February 06, 2013, 09:33:44 pm »

Sweet amphibians of the Caribbeans! That is adorable!
Pages: 1 ... 6586 6587 [6588] 6589 6590 ... 13312