Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 213089 times)

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

I'm getting a strange bug with the key binding menu. I can't remove default settings, and if I try to change the keys to move between Z-levels from > and < to Page Up and Page Down the enter key stops working.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Tateru

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
"Unable to accomodate texture catalog"
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:33 pm »

This is the cleanest repro I can produce.

1. Unpack to new folder.
2. Change GRAPHICS:YES (leave all other settings as distributed with 0.31.04)
3. Run and select Create
4. Get the "texture catalog" error message.

System:
Windows XP, SP3, 3.5GB RAM.
Dual core Intel CPU, 32bit.
nvidia 8600GT video card w/512MB VRAM.

Anything important I missed?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2010, 09:11:57 pm »

A bug I haven't seen reported yet:

Whenever I press b, v, k, or any other menu key that does not move to a different screen to do its thing, the window usually flashes black for a moment.  I discovered this after I had changed the init files, so I tried it again with a clean install and this still happens.  I then tried several different print modes (2D, 2DSW, 2DASYNC, STANDARD, and PARTIAL:0), and it happened in each of them.  It does NOT happen in 40d19 (I loaded up an old fort to check this).  I am running Windows XP SP3 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.

BigDorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:36 pm »

I can confirm that the resize on Mac results in a black screen, but the movie is going the correct speed for me, and that's on a new i7 MBP.

The Mac version also seems to not respond to 'Quit'.

Thank you so much for making a Mac build of this awesome game!

patd31988

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2010, 09:14:02 pm »

The site finder seems to be working strangely. Seems to just sit still, but if I hold down either mouse button within the DF window, it begins churning through sites quickly. I can see the cpu usage hop up on my task manager, and I can hear my fan spinning up. Windows 7 x64

Sir KickBan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dig deeper, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »

I'm getting a strange bug with the key binding menu. I can't remove default settings, and if I try to change the keys to move between Z-levels from > and < to Page Up and Page Down the enter key stops working.

I'm trying to transfer the functions of the Escape key to the Spacebar, with the same results.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2010, 09:19:10 pm »

I'm trying to transfer the functions of the Escape key to the Spacebar, with the same results.

Simply removing the key binding for > and < also causes it. I'm starting to think any change to the key bindings will cause the enter key to go weird.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2010, 09:27:05 pm »

Are any other mac users having problems? I'm getting a complete non-operation of my executable. here are some pictures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the "df" icon is inert or the most part, it opens in subetha edit instead of the terminal, and when i force it in the terminal, it gives me a permission denied error report, opening the functioning "df" from 40d in subetha edit reveals they are the same code.

Correction: a very friendly person on 4chan has come to my aid, never say nothing good comes from 4chan.

What's the solution?; I'm having the same problem
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:09 pm »

GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog

Win 7 64bit
XFX GTX 260
4gb ram
Graphics on

Urist the Dwarven Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • !!!FIGHTING SPIRIT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »

New release!  :D I can't figure out how to adjust the screen size or zoom though.  Would some one mind telling me how please?
EDIT: Well thats odd Zooming using the mouse only works about every other startup of DF. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:31:01 pm by Urist the Dwarven Pirate »
Super creatures and the immortal undead are problems but thats what we got magma for!

Sir KickBan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dig deeper, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2010, 09:29:22 pm »

As for altering key bindings, once they're altered, going back and undoing my changes doesn't give me my enter key back. Can anyone else confirm this?

Though, taking the original interface.txt from the .rar and overwriting it does give me my enter key back.

whaleberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2010, 09:36:50 pm »

I'm on a mac and I can't run it.  If I try to open the df file or dwarfort.exe I get the message "There is no default application specified to open document <filename>"

If I try "open dwarfort.exe" from the terminal I get this.  "2010-05-16 22:35:40.494 open[24790] LSOpenFromURLSpec() returned -10814 for application (null) urls file://localhost/Users/margaretbohara/Desktop/df_osx/dwarfort.exe."

I don't know how to run it.  Any one have an answer?

Josiwe

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:21 pm »

Heh, I wish I had some source code I could step through in the debugger, but I guess Toady promotes the virtue of patience :)

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2010, 09:40:11 pm »

This is, I admit, a kind of silly complaint. But would it be possible to move all those DLLs to a subfolder? Having 17 "backstage" files in the main folder is a bit much.
Akur Akir Akam!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2010, 09:41:55 pm »

woo, new version + plenty of time tomorrow!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55