Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2403878 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18450 on: June 19, 2015, 02:24:12 pm »

But how can you do that with no weapons?  I guess you still have a pipe...
I am armed with a lead pipe. I can beat his head in. I hate you Ozak. I am going to kill you, I will make that my goal. one way or another. even through cheatty meta means. I am a vengeful evil person.
Might want to chill a bit.
That's not the proper attitude for playing a game. Games are supposed to be fun for everybody.
And what happens IC should stay IC. So, if you want vengeance, get it IC in a way that makes sense for your character.

That goes to everyone who is having such urges.

EDIT: I say just kiss and make up. You're two new guys in an unknown ship, you should stick together and support each other if you want to survive and do well.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: June 19, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »

But how can you do that with no weapons?  I guess you still have a pipe...
I am armed with a lead pipe. I can beat his head in. I hate you Ozak. I am going to kill you, I will make that my goal. one way or another. even through cheatty meta means. I am a vengeful evil person.
Might want to chill a bit.
That's not the proper attitude for playing a game. Games are supposed to be fun for everybody.
And what happens IC should stay IC. So, if you want vengeance, get it IC in a way that makes sense for your character.

That goes to everyone who is having such urges.
Ok. I won't I have calmed down. I think we both went overboard. I will just ask him kindly IC. I will offer him some tea as a forgiveness gift.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18452 on: June 19, 2015, 02:27:38 pm »

Are we gonna have to put two newbies in a death pit and throw random weapons in until only one of them emerges?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: June 19, 2015, 02:33:20 pm »

I'm cool. If you guys want me to edit my action for peace, that works for me. I asked about looting out of amusement, not vengeance. Spazyak said he was gonna hit me with a pipe when I asked, so, I thought I'd see where it went. Like I said, I don't want to make it bad for anyone. Anyway, it's up to you guys :D

Edit 1: Note, though, that spazyak has consistently threatened to hit me with a lead pipe, from act one. And now he's threatening meta, so I'm not comfortable with that.

WEdit 2: IC, my character is kinda the "oh hey, neat new toys" kind, combined with "gee, wonder how this works," so taking the interesting bits is in character, but it's not so central that I can't live without it :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:39:55 pm by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18454 on: June 19, 2015, 02:35:55 pm »

On the other hand (pun not intended) having a hand of death controlled by a ghost running around the ship on its little deadly fingers would be fun...
Did I say fun? I meant incredibly dangerous and scary.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: June 19, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

I'm cool. If you guys want me to edit my action for peace, that works for me. I asked about looting out of amusement, not vengeance. Spazyak said he was gonna hit me with a pipe when I asked, so, I thought I'd see where it went. Like I said, I don't want to make it bad for anyone. Anyway, it's up to you guys :D

Note, though, that spazyak has consistently threatened to hit me with a lead pipe, from act one. And now he's threatening meta, so I'm not comfortable with that.

Well, all the pipe threats were out-of-character, I do believe. However, from an in-character perspective, a giant albino man just sold you a slave. There's no reason not to steal his stuff, tie him up with (presumably) free rope from the armory, and toss him in your quarters.

Also, Spazyak has made it clear that he has no qualms about outright metagaming; as such, if his OOC comments skew your decision a bit, it's only to be expected.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: June 19, 2015, 02:55:39 pm »

Here in a little bit, I am going out of town for the weekend, and probably will be unable to post until late Sunday. I'll leave a default action nor something for the weekend for my character. I hope I get back in time to still be considered for the next mission.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: June 19, 2015, 03:50:40 pm »

I just imagined how funny would be a mini-mission/timewaster focused on propaganda: get a bunch of people into VR so they can fight against virtual goons of the UWM - without showing any of our secret material - and try to have the ARM soldiers appear heroic and daring against all odds. The intention would be editing the recording of the virtual combat and using it as a recruitment video of sorts.

It'd be mostly a matter of how long until Steve gave up and decided to create all footage from scratch with his skills.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: June 19, 2015, 05:34:00 pm »

Here in a little bit, I am going out of town for the weekend, and probably will be unable to post until late Sunday. I'll leave a default action nor something for the weekend for my character. I hope I get back in time to still be considered for the next mission.
Don't worry, missions don't start nearly that often. Also, even if one started while you were gone, you could be retconned in.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: June 19, 2015, 05:50:50 pm »

Note, though, that spazyak has consistently threatened to hit me with a lead pipe, from act one. And now he's threatening meta, so I'm not comfortable with that.

Well, all the pipe threats were out-of-character, I do believe. However, from an in-character perspective, a giant albino man just sold you a slave. There's no reason not to steal his stuff, tie him up with (presumably) free rope from the armory, and toss him in your quarters.

Also, Spazyak has made it clear that he has no qualms about outright metagaming; as such, if his OOC comments skew your decision a bit, it's only to be expected.
I am sorry. I over reacted thinking he took the suit. Mah special suit. But he didn't. So is ozark my slave now? Awesome. I am goign to load him up as best as I can.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:04 pm »

I am sorry. I over reacted thinking he took the suit. Mah special suit. But he didn't. So is ozark my slave now? Awesome. I am goign to load him up as best as I can.
You were angry because you thought he stole the free suit you covered in free parts, which make it less useful? Fair enough. If I were in your shoes I'd worry more about the fact that he stole your weapons. Speaking of which, how do you expect to make him your slave? You have a lead pipe, and he has a force infuser that has several kinamp punches worth of energy stored in it. You don't exactly have the upper hand here.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: June 19, 2015, 06:13:10 pm »

You were angry because you thought he stole the free suit you covered in free parts, which make it less useful? Fair enough. If I were in your shoes I'd worry more about the fact that he stole your weapons. Speaking of which, how do you expect to make him your slave? You have a lead pipe, and he has a force infuser that has several kinamp punches worth of energy stored in it. You don't exactly have the upper hand here.
Simple. If er refuses I will try and take his tokens. or keep trying till he fails.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: June 19, 2015, 06:38:32 pm »

Spazyak, you keep swinging between offering to apologize and be friends, and death threats.

I hve no comment about this, just pointing it out :P

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: June 19, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »

Simple. If er refuses I will try and take his tokens. or keep trying till he fails.
He probably won't just accept your word as law and become your slave. You have no authority over him, and he can easily stop you if you attack him, so he has no reason to listen to you. Any further threats or demands will just give him more reason to hurt you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: June 19, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »

Hey egan, did pw assure you you'd survive your first mission or something?

Cause if yes, we can have you repair the engine while Miya holds his gun to your head to shoot you if it fails. Succes guaranteed!
I did get a reward for winning round one of Russian Roulette, but nothing so dramatic as guaranteed survival. As a lurker I can harness the mystical power of being forgotten by Piecewise, letting me disappear for one turn.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 2205