Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: The Show off your Empires Thread  (Read 86055 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: The Show off your Empires Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

Jihad?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2012, 09:44:46 pm »

I think I've fucked up. Regard:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Castille leads a PU with Austria AND England (WHY?) and when I got into what looked like a nice little chance to take Milan down a notch has turned into a world war. It all started when Milan went to war with France (gotta love the Imperialism CB), why? Because fuck France that's why. So they obviously don't feel like doing the heavy lifting themselves they invite Castille in to join in the fun. But France calls on me to dig them out, so I come in seeing Milan as the alliance leader and thinking I'll finally have an excuse to take them down several pegs.

Then Castille became the Alliance Leader and I saved and quit so I could plan this shit out first.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2012, 12:59:40 am »

Fuckin' Spaniards.
Hello Hunam

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2012, 07:40:24 am »

Ooh, that looks like a fun world war. I'd probably just savescum because I am a coward, but I hope you go through with this and show those Castilians (why aren't they Spain?) who's boss. Even if it turns out to be them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2012, 02:02:28 pm »

World Wars like that usually take me several sittings to win, not because It's hard for me to do but because I get really bored after a bit. It's like a chore after a while.
Hello Hunam

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2012, 04:11:14 pm »

I tried and Milan actually ended up the war leader so I was able to extort 1000 ducats out of them.

Then I cleaned my pants out.

Now I'm planning my own war with Castille. I'm anticipating raising about 100k extra troops for it.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 10, 2012, 04:13:26 am »

I've just started playing DW a few days ago as Tachibana (A Jap Daimyo) and thanks to 2 PU's (Tai and Fuj) that i've inherited upon my ruler dying in battle, i've unified Japan in 1416, without ever becoming the Shogun.
Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

Thanks to the holy war national idea I've managed to secure all countries from 2 to 7 as Vassals, and Korea (1) has a PU with me.
"X" Marks Tibet, potential ally of great value against Ming. I will also try to lure Manchu into that upcoming war, and with my own provinces safe (91 non-cog ships) and "decent" administration, i plan on winning it with war exhaustion and revolts. No way can i compete with those damn 60k large stacks of Mings in any other way. Hmm.

Money-wise it's decent, i'll switch the holy war to national bank, which will go well with my rank 6 minter for a -0,22 inflation
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:23:04 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52:24 pm »

My current Sweden campaign as of April 1364. D&T, Always War.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah. England managed to snatch Orkney away from me at some point, and I don't really mind because it means I won't be constantly having to avoid their navy. France has been shifted northward by some minors and Brittany but is still blobbing a fair bit. Castille ate Portugal, so I have one less concern if I manage to go colonial. The Golden Horde, Muscovy, Lithuania, and Novgorod are all running on shoestrings. I'm currently in the process of dismantling Lithuania in tandem with the Teutonic Knights, each of us carefully ignoring the other. The point I'm at right now in Germany is sort of an equilibrium; I need to restore my forces and I've still got a few minors as cushion, so the only real threat there is Poland, and they've only got about one decent stack.

Meanwhile Central Asia is a mess. Maybe it'll have solidified power blocs a century or so down the road.

On the plus side, Morocco is turning into a bit of a power, so Castille may not have an easy go of it in North Africa.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]