Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Monster Tamer: SG  (Read 5400 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Tamer: SG
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 11:43:06 am »

Go to training fields and get in some extra practice.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 08:29:28 am »

Go to our house, look for random coins/money/etc. we may have saved, and buy a stash of arrows/ a backup bow at the market (one can never be too paranoid about running out of stuff).

Taking check of our belongings sounds not bad.
I am adverse to spend it just yet thou. We are in a seemingly very "civilized" area. As in, all the real dangers have already been weeded out ages ago. No real need for arrows just yet. Or so i Hope.

Spending the rest of the afternoon with some extra practice does not sound too bad either. If we are out-and-about all of the time it will arouse suspicion. Or we just get that kind of name about us. Wich I will pin on.

Get back to the sewers.
We will be known as a spelunking kinda-guy. Or one who is always on the move, at least. Will teach us some practical things over time too.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2013, 12:50:41 pm »

Go to our house, look for random coins/money/etc. we may have saved, and buy a stash of arrows/ a backup bow at the market (one can never be too paranoid about running out of stuff).

Taking check of our belongings sounds not bad.
I am adverse to spend it just yet thou. We are in a seemingly very "civilized" area. As in, all the real dangers have already been weeded out ages ago. No real need for arrows just yet. Or so i Hope.

Spending the rest of the afternoon with some extra practice does not sound too bad either. If we are out-and-about all of the time it will arouse suspicion. Or we just get that kind of name about us. Wich I will pin on.

Get back to the sewers.
We will be known as a spelunking kinda-guy. Or one who is always on the move, at least. Will teach us some practical things over time too.
+1

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 06:49:16 am »

(New rule: Bold your choice. I'll still note non-bold choices but they only count when there tie from bolds)

You go check your house. It a small house, not that you need more space, your parents were killed by a nightmare. A common, but sad fact is that you are far from the only child in this village where this is a fact of a their life. This mean that most children live on their own since there not enough to take them all in. You were too young to remember them.

You have 114 gold(generic currency ;D), a simple knife, a cloak and a small hammer. Plus other things, but they too big(like your bed) or I'm saying don't use them as a weapon for my sake(like the mop).

Say what you will take and we will assume you took it.

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)
You may also ask about any ware that you wish to know more about, but the exact effects of a ware is only know when you buy it.

Also where in the sewer do you want to do?
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucius Finch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jeslus (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 07:38:58 am »

We took the hammer with us. And will use it subsequently.
Yeah, because we are smashing that darned lock of B-East with it. Brute force sometimes is the awnser. Whats the worst that could happen? (No, do not awnser that. Thanks.)

I actually do not really like those weapons. They are too lethal.

A club or cudgel would be more to my liking. We are supposed to be a monster-tamer, not monster-slayer, right? Well, or those go hand in hand... I say, we might very well find something in our spelunking, so let's keep our money for now. As in; -1 to buying stuff just yet.

In the unlikely case that using the hammer does fail, as in, after multiple attempts - go C-North.

Be sure to use the "normal" caution. Jeslus at your side / front, and arrow at the ready.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:15 pm »

Taking the hammer, you find yourself in the sewers with Jeslus and take a swing at it(8), but you can't seem to bring enough force to break the lock. You decide to stop before you jam the lock or something.

Walking in to the next room(now named D) you (19,18) know someone was here a few seconds ago. There also a stature of Libra, what it doing in a underground tunnel?

Spoiler: stature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »

((Also, your (.8.) turned into a (8). You should turn smileys off in ataxhments and other options.
((was it a mistake or is it foreshadowing?)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2013, 05:43:51 pm »

Remember if taking loot from godly statues is a Sin. If No, proceed to do so.
Guys, we are in a world of magic. We really do not want to be cursed to wear an amulet of possible malicious function. Caution, good gents.

Try to remember what the priests possibly told you about libra's domain - i.e. her position and function in the pantheon.
Better be up to speed on this. Never hurts to know your gods, you know?

All that resolved, peek cautiously at the ceiling, and then through the northern door.
Hello, this is Mr. Cautious. One little mistake can be all that stands between us and death. Well, or a 1-roll. But those we can hardly avoid. Being foolish we can thou.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2013, 06:35:51 pm »

Guys, we are in a world of magic. We really do not want to be cursed to wear an amulet of possible malicious function. Caution, good gents.

Try to remember what the priests possibly told you about libra's domain - i.e. her position and function in the pantheon.
Libra is, you remember, the goddess of planning and justice. She the weakest god by a long shot, even Virgo, goddess of fertility and purity can beat her in a simple fight. That said, she most worshiped of the twelve and, along with Sagittarius, capable of consistence success against Markon's efforts so she could be consider to be the strongest if you take her as a whole.

Taking stuff from holy objects tend to be a sin, but in times of need, it mostly wavered. Smashing one is always a sin. That said, a stature of a goddess of planning in a place that has be mostly picked clean with only one object in plain view...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:48 am »

Libra is, you remember, the goddess of planning and justice. She the weakest god by a long shot, even Virgo, goddess of fertility and purity can beat her in a simple fight. That said, she most worshiped of the twelve and, along with Sagittarius, capable of consistence success against Markon's efforts so she could be consider to be the strongest if you take her as a whole.

Taking stuff from holy objects tend to be a sin, but in times of need, it mostly wavered. Smashing one is always a sin. That said, a stature of a goddess of planning in a place that has be mostly picked clean with only one object in plain view...
Necklace of planning and justice?
Spoiler: it more (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:43:36 am by scapheap »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 03:04:30 am »

Is this thread dead? If so, I put some levels into Magic(Necromancy).

Rise, thread,
Long since dead,
Wind back time,
Back long before your deathbed,
Haunt thy forums and cause great dread!

Rise, my undead minion! I need you alive!
(A hand busts out of a grave)

You take the necklace(20). It magical for sure. You decide against smashing the stature(mostly because I don't have Libra's battle stats on hand). The roof is clear, but the door is (2) stuck.

Spoiler: spoiler (click to show/hide)

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2013, 05:39:56 am »

Equip necklace for Maximum Pluses. Is the floor dusty? Look for footprints. Someone was just in the room, right? Most probably they went through the door at then end but there could always be a magic slide-y door behind the statue or something.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2013, 08:13:51 am »

You wear the necklace(?:still no clue, but the air around you seem muted) and look around for tracks(?) You can't find any clues.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »

Go back and check the room north of B.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2013, 06:04:23 am »

Realize that this is supposedly a sewer, yet it has doors, some of which are locked.
Deduct that what is being used as a sewer might have been something else before. Maybe a temple, maybe a mausoleum?

think about historians in the area, then make plans about meeting them and asking some questions.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]