Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Skull Cave Rescue(d) - GURPS Dungeon Crawl - 3/5 players  (Read 14945 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Cave Rescue(d) - GURPS Dungeon Crawl - 4/5 players
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2014, 01:20:26 am »

She stands up, throwing a handful of weeds into a nearby wooden bucket. "I've been told that my sun peril is quite popular in the shadow of the King's Throne. You might even have a taste for it by now. I'm sure someone as handsome as you has offended someone's honour."

Kalen laughs. "I've used the stuff in my youth once or twice, but since mastering the blade, I prefer to deal with those sort of situations in a more direct and public manner. In matters of honor, I'd much rather humiliate a foe in a duel before ending him than handle the situation quietly."

The shadow elf flashes a cruel smile, and pulls his Rapier halfway out of its sheath as if to prove a point. "That said, I have nothing against such methods, and know good and well that sometimes some fools require a more subtle end. If I was working alone, I might inquire about the price of the plants, but I am traveling with the sort who are liable to stick strange things in their mouths, so I think I'll pass on that - Instead, how about I ask your name, and if we are likely to offend anybodies honor ourselves if we continue to explore the topic of how good looking we each happen to be?"

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2014, 11:14:47 pm »

((I think Vorot should know how to preserve meat))
After putting the meat away, the orge go look for the blacksmith.
((I think it's part of the Survival skill but let's handwave it and say that meat acquired through hunting after this point is automatically preserved.))

Back at the village Vorot finds someone to preserve the meat for him in exchange for part of the carcass. Vorot should receive about two meals worth. It doesn't take Vorot very long to find the blacksmith.

Isabelle nods before mumbling something and scratching her cheek.
The blacksmith smiles, "Blessings of the smith upon you." He goes inside his forge and begins to work.

Kalen laughs. "I've used the stuff in my youth once or twice, but since mastering the blade, I prefer to deal with those sort of situations in a more direct and public manner. In matters of honor, I'd much rather humiliate a foe in a duel before ending him than handle the situation quietly."

The shadow elf flashes a cruel smile, and pulls his Rapier halfway out of its sheath as if to prove a point. "That said, I have nothing against such methods, and know good and well that sometimes some fools require a more subtle end. If I was working alone, I might inquire about the price of the plants, but I am traveling with the sort who are liable to stick strange things in their mouths, so I think I'll pass on that - Instead, how about I ask your name, and if we are likely to offend anybodies honor ourselves if we continue to explore the topic of how good looking we each happen to be?"
"I am Theophania of the ashen stream, and your name is?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2014, 11:27:43 pm »

Isabelle nods back and then leaves.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2014, 11:49:15 pm »

He enter the the shop, looking for a large mace of club and to talk to guy that came back from the cave.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:30:50 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2014, 12:20:16 am »

"Kalen Shade." The elf answers honestly, before launching into a brief narcissistic introduction and a flirtatious smirk.

"I assure you that would be a fairly impressive revelation among my own people, or even in a larger human town, as I am of good birth, and have obtained some infamy among the highborn of your kind for reasons relating to women of lesser beauty than yourself."

Kalen pauses for a bit before asking a question of his own. "Theophania is a name that comes as close as a mere word can to capturing your beauty, but Ashen Stream? Would that be a family name, or an organization?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2014, 12:11:55 pm »

It looks like I'm going to be too busy to continue playing this. My apologies.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2014, 03:39:15 am »

It looks like I'm going to be too busy to continue playing this. My apologies.
((It's fine. Stuff happens.))

Isabelle nods back and then leaves.
Isabelle walks out of the smithy and walks around the village. It's not long before a young boy runs up to you.

"There's an old man in the inn that says he wants to talk to you."

He enter the the shop, looking for a large mace of club and to talk to guy that came back from the cave.
Walking into the shop you note that there isn't much in the way of weapons around the workshop. There are a couple of scythes and an axe, just nothing for someone of your needs and stature. You ask the blacksmith if he could make something for you.

He considers you for a moment, "I could wrap some bands around a large club but I'm no carpenter."

"Kalen Shade." The elf answers honestly, before launching into a brief narcissistic introduction and a flirtatious smirk.

"I assure you that would be a fairly impressive revelation among my own people, or even in a larger human town, as I am of good birth, and have obtained some infamy among the highborn of your kind for reasons relating to women of lesser beauty than yourself."

Kalen pauses for a bit before asking a question of his own. "Theophania is a name that comes as close as a mere word can to capturing your beauty, but Ashen Stream? Would that be a family name, or an organization?"
"You are standing in the land of the Ashen Stream, whose people watched as the land around it burned and the water ran black. It is my home and my mother's home before me. It would seem that I'm outclassed as my name would rarely be a cause for commotion on it's own. Perhaps you might like to come inside to discuss your infamy."

███ ████ ████ ██████.

((Kalen has satisfied the conditions of Lecherous until he next receives Character Points.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Cave Rescue(d) - GURPS Dungeon Crawl - 3/5 players
« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2014, 08:07:11 am »

Isabelle sighs and nods.
"Alright, I'll be right there."
With that Isabelle begins the trek to the inn.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Cave Rescue(d) - GURPS Dungeon Crawl - 3/5 players
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2014, 11:35:25 am »

While inside, after having properly satisfied his lechery, Kalen tries to get Theophania talking about the people who buy her poison. The only thing better than debauchery, in the Elf's mind, is debauchery that came with a potential lead on where to find more work.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]