Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You are a Minecraft Wisp [SG] (Thaumcraft Mod)  (Read 2760 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Minecraft Wisp [SG] (Thaumcraft Mod)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 02:42:12 pm »

zip through the hole quickly before it re-seals, and examine your surroundings while ascending out of reach of most creatures.

Despite your exhaustion you manage to quickly flit through the hole before you over exert yourself and allow the hole to close, ending the drain on your magical energies. You rise higher into the air and look cautiously around.

There seems to be nothing nearby in terms of other creatures or life. All you can see is a flickering light coming from the wall, a strange table with various runestones on it, the glass prison you escaped from, and you can feel the pulsating power of a nearby Aura Node, but you still can't tell which aspect it is primarily attuned to. You can, however, feel the magic flowing from in particular, one single direction, coming from the right of the room.

Express jubilation, due to us not dying in that mob grinder (or display case). Examine the surrounding area. Are there any unusual concentrations of vis (magic items) or aura nodes that contain order nearby?

We are finally an incarnation of order, rather than chaos.

You flit in circles happily, before becoming embarrassed. You hope nobody saw that.
You re-examine the area but find nothing has changed from your last examination.
The table you noticed earlier seems to have a faint aura emanating from it, but seems to be insignificant. Couldn't hurt to check it out though, could it?
The aspects of the only aura node you sensed earlier continue to elude you.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »

Head for the magic!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »

Drain some Ordo from the node, but be careful to not drain out all of one aspect.

I wonder if our aspect changes depending on what we drain from a node.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 07:05:35 pm »

Head for the magic!

You begin flitting towards the node, but there is a wall in the way. You ponder the situation before realizing there is a door, and head through the door. The hallway you are in is long and dark. You float towards the Aura Node. You eventually arrive in a large underground cavern. It looks oddly symmetric and box-like. Inside is a Silverwood Tree, and pulsating at the heart of the Tree is an Aura Node. You are relived as you move closer to it.

Drain some Ordo from the node, but be careful to not drain out all of one aspect.

I wonder if our aspect changes depending on what we drain from a node.

You drain some Ordo aspect from the node and immediately feel invigorated. In return you feel the inherent Aura in the air dampen slightly, as though it grew somewhat weaker, but you can also feel it immediately begin to grow more powerful again, but you can tell it is a slow process.
"zzz"

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:16 am »

Return to the previous room. Poke some of the weird stuff, or zap them with some Ordo if they don't react.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 10:55:41 am »

start trying to find a exit to the cavern. failing that, retrace our steps (er, flight?) back to the silverwood tree to drain a little more when it recovers.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 02:20:41 pm »

Return to the previous room. Poke some of the weird stuff, or zap them with some Ordo if they don't react.

You return to the previous room. You look at whatever strange things were on the table you noticed. Besides an abundance of paper on the table, you can feel a wide variety of various essences coming off of it, but in very small quantities, nothing like what the Silverwood gave off. You proceed to zap the table. Nothing physically happens but you notice that the value of essences has shifted as the magic you just struck the table with infused with the pre-existing aspects there and reacted to form a compound aspect. You can't sift it out of all of the other aspects, so you are uncertain as to what it is.

start trying to find a exit to the cavern. failing that, retrace our steps (er, flight?) back to the silverwood tree to drain a little more when it recovers.

You move out into the dark hallway and begin to flit towards the Silverwood tree when you hear some sound coming down the hallway, heavy but not slow...
"zzz"
Pages: 1 [2]