Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interest Check: Interstellar Competition  (Read 804 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Interstellar Competition
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 01:34:11 am »

It's probably just going to be a linear relationship. The more effective thrust your ship has, the further it can go. But if you want cargo or anything like that, that means a lower effective thrust. If anybody doesn't think this is a good idea, just say so.

As for standard models, I plan on providing 3 designs for every player at the start (The Rokyos being one of them) that can be manufactured. The players can also work off of them in terms of new designs and research if desired.

And for visualization, I was just thinking something like
Expanded Hull - 600 m [that's mass], -__ reliability
[ FRONT ] [ INTERNAL ] [ INTERNAL ] [ REAR ]

And the bracketed slots could be replaced with the actual components in a completed design. Definitely not final, so I'll keep your offer and advice in mind, Roseheart.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 [2]