Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What would it take to turn Dwarves into Cannibals?  (Read 1606 times)

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What would it take to turn Dwarves into Cannibals?
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »

Basically this is inspired by playing Masterwork and the Butchering/devouring of enemies, and turning their bones into weapons to be turned against even more invaders.

I'm curious what it would take to make Dwarves themselves able to be butchered after death. This would actually give Migrants a good use, and a potentially seasonal source of food, bones, and leather (Decently skilled metalworkers, etc would be exempt). Of course you'd have to engrave slabs instead of burying Dorfs.....

I'm just envisioning a fort that uses nothing but bone armor with Dwarf Leather armor on top, firing bolts of Dwarf bone at Goblins, while gnawing on their former roommate when they get hungry.

Not sure if I would actually play this, just curious how it would work, and which raws I would need to work on.

Lose your arm in the last battle? No problem--fry it up with Rock Nut oil and have it for supper!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:18:16 pm by Maul_Junior »
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What would it take to turn Dwarves into Cannibals?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:49:23 pm »

unfortunately dwarf corpses are treated differently from other corpses and cant be butchered

Slidey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54:08 pm »

Well your question wasn't purely about turning Dwarves into cannibals when i read it fully, however a workaround is that pets tend to be butcher-able. So if some castes of Dwarves are pets, you can butcher them (don't know about if they die on their own however) and embark with extra ones if you pay for them as pets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:15 am »

Its possible with IndigoFenix machines. They autobutcher anything thrown into them, even your own corpses. Ask him if you really want to try. But it needs dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zorbeltuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:12:14 pm »

A soap that is easy to make and that carries a blood syndrome that removes sentient?
You can have them forbidden most of the time and if someone sustains serious injuries, you unforbid a bar and forbid any stocks of normal soap.
Also that means eating less infected meat and gives some kind of ritual to be able to be eaten. :)

Edit: you actually don't need forbidding it as is a blood syndrome, as long as the dwarves don't get it in wounds they will maintain their intelligence.

/Zorbeltuss
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:06:30 pm by Zorbeltuss »
Kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha, jokainen häviää. / Kaikki jotuvat tappiolle kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:48:17 am »

unfortunately

b12 2014 all the time