Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The generic tales of Sitsu, the orca-cultist adventurer!  (Read 748 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
The generic tales of Sitsu, the orca-cultist adventurer!
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:31:02 pm »

So, this is my first sucession game (I guess it is the name of this) and it's going to be on adventure. Why? Because i suck at dwarf mode, that's why! Anyway, i just wanted to share something that all of us, adventures, can recognize as part of our daily adventuring, something that happens everyday at the vast dimension of DF. This, my friends, is the story of Sitsu, a guy who, as a peasant at a humble hamlet, wanted to become an adventurer. We all know this story, and we all know the end of it...do we?

Oh, yeah, forgot something important. I'm playing with the Dark Ages mod, yeah, it's a modded adventure! If you're interested in getting the mod, check it out, it's really awesome and..yeah, it's worth checking.

The topic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143540.0

So, enough talk, have at you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our hero begins his quest, he is quite skilled for a simple villager, indeed, look at his status!

He starts at Tributebow, a humble human hamlet, as usual.

It's kinda tight here, a small house...hey, is that a cabinet? Nice, let's get started with our basic protection...of course, we will change it later!

Basic protection, needless to say, i should get iron armor. Oh, and the Clothier wants to talk with me...why is he introducing himself? Didn't we live in the same house for years? Whataver, give me a quest, i want something to kill!

C'mon! You mean there is nothing to kill around? This sucks...i mean, it doesn't...want to know? I'm going to somewhere where poeple need my heroic help. Bye!

I see how there are no fire-breathing creatures, no dangerous trolls, no whip-wearing goblin criminals, no fart-made titans, no NOTHING to harass these villagers...there's civilization everywhere! Maybe i should mess with that necromancer tower over there...hmmm...alright, i'm not that stupid. Anyway, there should be people needing for my help south, or north...agh! I don't know where to go! I may be thinking too big right know...for now, i'm going to get my basic metal armor at the local mead hall...and a new sword, my silver shortsword will probably get myself killed!

Actions of Spice, huh? That's a funny name...

Agh, this rain is annoying! I will probably get a cold...oh wait, i can't....

Glad there are many soldiers around, i'm going to need them if i don't want to get eaten by bogeymen.

Yes, you may think i'm kidding, but i'm not! A chain leggings and a bronze helmet, that's all the useful gear i could found. No new sword, no breastplate, no NOTHING. Hmph, i better get my old silver sword back...

Recruited some guys to help me out. To be more specific: Women. One to mutilate, one to stab and one to shoot. A basic starting team.

C'mon lord, give us something to kill! I'm sure you have a lot of problems, you're a LORD!

Oh...he does! This is getting interesting...

F-F-Foul goings-on? Do you mean zombies? Oh, hell no, i'm not a suicidal hero, i'm the alive hero, the still-breathing not-already-legendary knight! Give me something else! (I might check that later).

Good, skulking vermin! Do you mean kobolds? Anyway, we know that it is something that doesn't revive when killed, that's a good starting quest!

It's not that far... at least there are several villages next to it, so we can rest safely. Quest accepted!

And so...the quest begins....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, as i said, it's my first sucession game ever, if you guys liked...well, say that you liked, it really helps!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The generic tales of Sitsu, the orca-cultist adventurer!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:49:39 pm »

I like it.

Also, interesting religion.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Re: The generic tales of Sitsu, the orca-cultist adventurer!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:19:33 pm »

I should definitely get some armor...and of course a better sword...hmmm, maybe this mead hall has something to offer.

I found some bags and chests scattered around the place, perfect! I'm pretty sure that there is something i can use around here.

After some quick searching, i found a breastplate and a two-handed sword that even with "two-handed" on the name i can use it one handed. AWESOME!

Also, i got a crutch..yes, a crutch. This may come in handy if some of my companions get his legs eaten by some evil beast...Yeah, i should definitely give some attention to them.

So, i got some body-protection and gave it to all of them. Yeah, let's make sure we don't get overkilled by whataver is out there.

Alright, i think we're more than ready. Let's go...oh wait, i'm hungry! Oh yeah, i brought with me some berries and of course, the starting food. It's going to take long before it runs out.

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM....Alright, this was pointless.

Oh, beautiful, we gotta cross a river. This always terrified me, as i had lost many companions in the older versions...wait, who is talking right now, the character or the guy that's writting? We may never know...

By the way, we're all safe. Silly fear...

Now here is something that we should really fear...the night. Luckly, there is a town next to us.

We enter a leather working shop. Hello, is there anybody there? Well, they won't care if i stay here for a night, will they?

Let me just light this campfire...yeah, good night folks.. (Inn music)

Good morning to all fishes that inhabits the seas. I'm ready to kick some ass!

We make our way to the camp, slowly, but if we keep walking, it's sure that we're going to make it!

Gotta love having to heat my waterskin so i can turn the ice into water. Want to know something more "lovely" than this? Finding some river with non-frozen water in the morning! Yeah, being an adventurer can suck sometimes...Anyway, i put some snow into my waterskin and voilá! Drinkable water!

Sure is foggy around here...

Hello Mr.Crab, how are you doing? :D

Looks like he is ignoring me...Meh, those new-age crabs, they don't have manners!

So much fog...is this Dwarf Fortress or Silent Hill?

Magnumcannon: Why is my Dwarf Fortress not responding? Did the crab pincer my FPS?

OH S- (Ice melts)

The icy lands are sure dangerous to many adventures, will they survive? Oh, let me fix my question. Will the companions of Sitsu (As he has Novice Swimmer) survive the rage of frozen sea? Was Mr.Crab plotting it all? Let's find it out....later :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:28:49 pm by Magnumcannon »