Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Angelic Metals  (Read 1617 times)

Smoothbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Angelic Metals
« on: May 02, 2021, 11:38:17 am »

So I played through the life of an adventurer, finding a vault and raiding it for divine metal gear... later I decided to retire my adventurer at a fortress of mine.

My goal is to melt the metal down and use the ingots for artifact armor, however...
The divine metal gear shows up on the map but the dwarfs won't store it and the military tab doesn't acknowledge it... any ideas?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angelic Metals
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 12:17:28 pm »

Your description is somewhat terse, so my guess might be off:

If you've brought armor to the fortress, dropped it, and resumed the fortress, the gear may be 'f'orbidden, in which case you need to unforbid it, or it may have the merchant flag set, in which you'd have to clear the flag with a DFHack script if it's many pieces, or manually with gui/gm-editor on each one if it's only a handful. In the latter case I believe the armor should show up in the fortress inventory screen marked in red.

Smoothbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 12:27:52 pm »

If you've brought armor to the fortress, dropped it, and resumed the fortress, the gear may be 'f'orbidden, in which case you need to unforbid it, or it may have the merchant flag set, in which you'd have to clear the flag with a DFHack script if it's many pieces, or manually with gui/gm-editor on each one if it's only a handful. In the latter case I believe the armor should show up in the fortress inventory screen marked in red.

I didn't drop it I just retired my adventurer.. would that make a difference?

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 03:26:19 pm »

I would guess that the item is somehow still associated with your adventurer. Any chance you could retire the fort, unretire you adventurer and then drop it and return to fortress mode?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Smoothbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 05:54:37 pm »

I would guess that the item is somehow still associated with your adventurer. Any chance you could retire the fort, unretire you adventurer and then drop it and return to fortress mode?

Tried that... a few times, each time a new item became available for use which was odd. Turns out the dwarves would still melt the items though and the items made from the metal became available.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 03:23:26 am »

If the adventurer is a "visitor" in the fortress and is carrying the items then they're his items, not the fortress'. You should be able to steal them by marking them for dumping, however.

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 05:20:43 am »

Maybe try to get him to be a member of the fortress maybe? Be a hearthperson all of that.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 06:19:33 am »

So I played through the life of an adventurer, finding a vault and raiding it for divine metal gear... later I decided to retire my adventurer at a fortress of mine.

My goal is to melt the metal down and use the ingots for artifact armor, however...
The divine metal gear shows up on the map but the dwarfs won't store it and the military tab doesn't acknowledge it... any ideas?

I had the same problem with much more mundane metals... Can't store, and military won't touch it even after unforbidding it. It's a bit of a bug I assume. I suggest you just carry on and smelt them, since it was your original plan anyway.